News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

CollectA-New for 2015

Started by Concavenator, October 20, 2014, 07:14:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

suspsy

OF COURSE they hold out on the dinosaur I most want to lay eyes on. :p

The Pliosaurus and Nasuceratops look nifty. Are those supposed to be lampreys?
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

amanda

Quote from: darth daniel on October 31, 2014, 11:08:10 AM
I think the Daxiatitan is awesome! Finally a little-known, big titanosaur! If only it was 1:40...  :'( Still a must have. Hard to say which Nasutoceratops looks better - Collecta´s or Safari´s.

Safari's, by a gajillion billion miles. easy to say. :)  The only question now is the competing Safari/Battat nasutoceratopses and Yutyrannusessesses....errrmmm...yea that's right. :b

I had higher hopes for the Medusaceratops, I must say. None of these will be on my list this year. Not with the Safari line-up and Battat Terra figures taking my money, and more importantly, my space. I am not saying they are not nice or interesting, just that I do not feel they are in the same level. And as a fan of ceratopsians, I feel every single figure having a waft of quills down the spine is passe.

Nebuloid

Hmm I dont like to be negative, but Im not very impressed...
So far Safaris line up seems much better ! Still will end up buying some of these. ^-^

Everything_Dinosaur

Pics of the first of the model images released by Collecta (5 in total) are here: Everything Dinosaur on Facebook

Arul

ohh poor pliosaurus, its body stick by some kind ooff a parasite..?

Gwangi

Thoughts...

Nasutoceratops: Best of the bunch reveled so far. It might actually be the best CollectA ceratopsian to date! I still prefer the Safari model however. Not a fan of quills on ceratopsians.

Medusaceratops: Not bad but the way the mouth opens looks odd to be. It looks like the snout is moving independently from the rest of the skull. As if instead of just opening its mouth it's lifting its maxilla up instead like it were hinged. Don't know if this makes sense but it really bothers me.

Daxiatitan: Looks very similar to their recent Argentinosaurus, still a good model though.

Pliosaurus: My other favorite. CollectA may well end up corning the market on marine reptiles. I don't know how accurate it is but it certainly has character and looks menacing too.

Xiongguanlong: Not bad, very similar to other recent theropods by CollectA, wonder how well it will maintain and upright stance. Looks very similar to the Bisahieversor.

As it stands I want the Nasutoceratops and Pliosaurus. Am considering the Daxiatitan and Xionguanlong and will probably pass on the Medusaceratops.

Manatee

I will likely get all of them but the Daxiatitan, and certainly the Acro (which should look good, given their Carcharodontosaurus), T. rex, and Temnodontosaurus once they come out.

Mauro "Raptor86"

Quote from: Gwangi on October 31, 2014, 11:55:03 AM

Xiongguanlong: Not bad, very similar to other recent theropods by CollectA, wonder how well it will maintain and upright stance.

If it is like this year's releases....few weeks.

SBell

Quote from: Mauro "Raptor86" on October 31, 2014, 12:54:08 PM

Xiongguanlong: Not bad, very similar to other recent theropods by CollectA, wonder how well it will maintain and upright stance.

I've had mine for months, with no issues. Maybe the late arrival times in Canada gives them more time to settle at the factory?

sauroid

oh great, two almost perfect Nasutoceratops for 2015.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

SpartanSquat

I love pliosaur! Specially the marine parasites in the back, nice touch! The ceratops are good but the detail on scales is...good but not good as other previous models

Mauro "Raptor86"

Quote from: SBell on October 31, 2014, 12:57:51 PM
Quote from: Mauro "Raptor86" on October 31, 2014, 12:54:08 PM

I've had mine for months, with no issues. Maybe the late arrival times in Canada gives them more time to settle at the factory?

I hope so. My 2014 bipeds are completely bent forward...

Gwangi

The only CollectA biped I have is the Pachycephalosaurus, which does lean a bit. This problem with their bipeds is a big reason why I don't have more CollectA models.

suspsy

Hmmm. My Tyrannosaurus rex w/Struthiomimus (base version) hasn't had any issues like that. Is that what's been happening to the Juvenile T. Rex? That one's been on my want list for awhile.

Mauro "Raptor86"

Quote from: suspsy on October 31, 2014, 02:18:06 PM
Is that what's been happening to the Juvenile T. Rex? That one's been on my want list for awhile.

Mine has its face touching the ground. I have also done the hot water-ice treatment (for this review http://paleo-nerd.blogspot.nl/2014/09/juvenile-tyrannosaurus-rex-by-collecta.html) but it worked for a few days...

suspsy

Ugh. Seriously? This makes me hesitant to acquire that figure now. What other CollectA bipeds are prone to this syndrome?

Mauro "Raptor86"

Quote from: suspsy on October 31, 2014, 03:33:01 PM
Ugh. Seriously? This makes me hesitant to acquire that figure now. What other CollectA bipeds are prone to this syndrome?

My Saurophaganax is leaning sideways, then Ichtyovenator hands will reach the ground in a matter of days.

Bistahieversor is more stable instead

Megalosaurus

I don't like this figures, really I was specting more than this.
To my tastes I prefer the Safari Nasutoceratops.
From this 5 I only like somehow the Pliosaurus and with reserve.
Need to see pictures from other angles.

To this point I have hight spectations of their prehistoric mammals.
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

postsaurischian

I like the Pliosaurus :).

Quote from: Mauro "Raptor86" on October 31, 2014, 03:36:58 PM
....... Ichtyovenator hands will reach the ground in a matter of days.

Bistahieversor is more stable instead

> exactly the same with mine :(.

Appalachiosaurus

I really like the Nasutoceratops and Pliosaurus. I am probably going to pass on the Medusaceratops and Daxiatitan, and I am debating whether I want the Xiongguanlong or not.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: