News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

REBOR 1:35 Tyrannosaurus rex museum class replica official photos updated!

Started by REBOR_STUDIO, October 30, 2014, 04:46:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tanystropheus

Quote from: Victoria B on July 23, 2015, 05:39:30 AM
Quote from: joossa on July 23, 2015, 05:34:29 AMInterestingly, the teeth are somewhat flexible.

I agree. You paid a good amount of money and should not settle for what you got. I haven't read anyone reporting they got anything as bad as yours. Mine came with a very small paint rub on one of the little dorsal spines.

Thank you for kindly posting those photos for me. It does indeed seem that I got a somewhat inferior piece to anything else I've seen in others' photos or video reviews on YouTube. I've gone ahead and emailed BBTS and included my photos for them to see. Hopefully they will allow me to exchange it. It'll be the second Rebor dino I have to send back to them after the Utahraptor because of issues. :( I don't want to give up on them because I love their designs and absolutely love the look of this T-Rex (I even have the Ceratosaurus on its way to me right now). But, I gotta say it's a little disappointing to have to send back two dinos in a row.

Not sure if the teeth are meant to be flexible or not as I've never bothered to check.  I haven't heard of much quality control issues regarding T-rex, in particular. My version had minor scuffs near the snout, but it isn't really noticeable (battle damage?).  You can check out my collections page for reference..Whenever my Wild Safaris or Schleich's are sent to me with scuffs, I usually get a dab of paint (more or less the exact shade) and blend it in gradually till I get the right color...a lot of Papos have stuck jaws that need to be pried open. One of your T-rexs' teeth does look a bit wobbly. Amazon once sent me a Beipiaosaurus with missing fingers. I sent it back because that is unacceptable.

Invicta Hunter

I bought my Tyrannosaurus from Everything Dinosaur and it had alot of paint wear to it's spines.
I contacted them about it and they were very helpful. They sent me a new one and checked it before to make sure everything was ok, they also refunded the postage as well.
It's always nice to buy from a company that cares about it's customers.

I also had the jaw sticking problem aswell and they suggested i put the dinosaurs head in hot water for a couple of seconds. I tried it and it worked first time, there was also no damage to the paint. I think this technique is far safer than prying the jaw open as that might damage it.

tyrantqueen

Looks like you got a lemon. You might as well return it and get another, otherwise the flaws will bother you every time you look at it ;) It's annoying but worth it in the long run.

Victoria's Cantina

Thanks you guys. BBTS told me that they could exchange it if I wanted, but they mentioned that the paint flaws were common and that if they replaced it for me I might get another one with similar paint issues. They said they hadn't yet seen one with a messed up tooth, though, but that they had gotten returns for the stuck jaw. I can live with a few minor paint flaws. None of my Papo dinos are perfect. My Spino even has a somewhat uneven lower jaw. But, I think the point of Rebor is that it's supposed to be high quality, so in that regard it should be flawless. Hopefully at the very least the replacement is better than the one I have.

Shadowknight1

Quote from: Victoria B on July 24, 2015, 02:17:16 AM
Thanks you guys. BBTS told me that they could exchange it if I wanted, but they mentioned that the paint flaws were common and that if they replaced it for me I might get another one with similar paint issues. They said they hadn't yet seen one with a messed up tooth, though, but that they had gotten returns for the stuck jaw. I can live with a few minor paint flaws. None of my Papo dinos are perfect. My Spino even has a somewhat uneven lower jaw. But, I think the point of Rebor is that it's supposed to be high quality, so in that regard it should be flawless. Hopefully at the very least the replacement is better than the one I have.
Sadly, this is something that cannot be applied to any product line that is mass produced.  There will always be flaws somewhere, whether it be a mismatch on a mold, someone missing a brushstroke, or some careless Chinese worker drops the figure and scratches the paint and then puts it back on the line without checking it for damage.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Victoria's Cantina

Quote from: Shadowknight1 on July 24, 2015, 05:17:20 AM
Sadly, this is something that cannot be applied to any product line that is mass produced.  There will always be flaws somewhere, whether it be a mismatch on a mold, someone missing a brushstroke, or some careless Chinese worker drops the figure and scratches the paint and then puts it back on the line without checking it for damage.

I fully get that and agree. However, when you anticipate that you're getting something advertised as museum class, you can't help but expect a better product.

Viking Spawn

Sorry to hear you got a bad one Victoria.  It is truly an impressive figure if you get the right one.  The paint around the eye appears very lacking in the dark menacing black.  Luckily you choose the BBTS for your purchase and they are willing to replace it for you.   I never had any issues with them with replacements or returns.  I wish you luck that your replacement will be flawless this time.   :(

I posted my gallery again for future references.

https://picasaweb.google.com/VikingSpawn/TYRANNOSAURUSREXKINGTREX#

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Shadowknight1 on July 24, 2015, 05:17:20 AM
Quote from: Victoria B on July 24, 2015, 02:17:16 AM

So from my point of view it is due to production errors or manufacturing outside the company and may also result in falls caused abrasions caused during transportation of the product to the owner.

Victoria's Cantina

OK, so I got my replacement King T-Rex! While I think there are fewer paint issues with this one, it still has a bent tooth on the upper left part of the mouth (same region as before). Also, the mouth won't stay open any more than in the last photo, nor does it shut completely. The color also appears a bit less orange than before. It's not perfect but I'm just going to keep it.

tanystropheus

The paint job is better on this version. The color is a bit duskier but looks great for the most part. You could probably 'fix' the slight white paint scuffs by applying a dab of acrylic paint (similar shade of orange-red) with a q-tip.

Viking Spawn

I find that tooth issue really odd.  I wonder why its happening to THAT particular tooth?   :-\

Anyways, congrats on getting a keeper despite his dental issue. 

LophoLeeVT

check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

Victoria's Cantina

Quote from: tanystropheus on August 09, 2015, 04:57:08 AM
The paint job is better on this version. The color is a bit duskier but looks great for the most part. You could probably 'fix' the slight white paint scuffs by applying a dab of acrylic paint (similar shade of orange-red) with a q-tip.

It does look good! Which white paint scuffs are you referring to? (There's a bit of glare from the light behind his head in the third pic.)

Quote from: Viking Spawn on August 09, 2015, 05:21:13 AM
I find that tooth issue really odd.  I wonder why its happening to THAT particular tooth?   :-\

Anyways, congrats on getting a keeper despite his dental issue.

Thanks! Yeah I have no idea what's up with that. Both of mine have had it so there's got to be others that have it as well I would think. At least it's not as noticeable with this one I suppose. I just wish I could get his mouth to open and close all the way! That's a bit bothersome to me since the last one didn't have a problem with that.

Dobber

Interesting, yours has red paint on the brow ridges. Never saw that before.

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

tanystropheus

Quote from: Victoria B on August 09, 2015, 05:26:23 AM
Quote from: tanystropheus on August 09, 2015, 04:57:08 AM

It does look good! Which white paint scuffs are you referring to? (There's a bit of glare from the light behind his head in the third pic.)

I think I might have mislabeled the glare  :)
Perhaps, you could pry open the T-rex mouth. Some of our forum members have had useful solutions for prying Papo dinosaur jaws.

Viking Spawn

Quote from: Dobber on August 09, 2015, 06:15:50 PM
Interesting, yours has red paint on the brow ridges. Never saw that before.

Chris

Mine has the same thing.  It blends in better once in hand. 

Victoria's Cantina

Does anyone have any ideas as how to make the mouth shut? I love how it looks with it fully closed, but unfortunately once I let go of its jaw the mouth opens back up a bit. It was super hard to get it open initially, but I placed the head in hot water which loosened it up pretty quickly (I doubt that would have caused the issue, right?).

Monkeysaurus

Quote from: Victoria B on August 10, 2015, 04:07:45 AM
Does anyone have any ideas as how to make the mouth shut? I love how it looks with it fully closed, but unfortunately once I let go of its jaw the mouth opens back up a bit. It was super hard to get it open initially, but I placed the head in hot water which loosened it up pretty quickly (I doubt that would have caused the issue, right?).
After you got it open the first time, did it ever shut properly again? I'm asking because if the problem happened gradually then it's probably a temperature/humidity thing. On some days my figures stand just fine on their own and others days they're brats and don't listen  >:( If it was a sudden thing I would put it back in warm water, then squeeze the lower mouth together like this
So it tightens the part where jaw meets the rest of the Rex. However I would like to leave you with the disclaimer that I've never tried this before, so I'm not sure if it'll work. Good luck.
Just because I have a short attention span doesn't mean

Victoria's Cantina

Quote from: Monkeysaurus on August 10, 2015, 08:03:59 PM
Quote from: Victoria B on August 10, 2015, 04:07:45 AM
After you got it open the first time, did it ever shut properly again? I'm asking because if the problem happened gradually then it's probably a temperature/humidity thing. On some days my figures stand just fine on their own and others days they're brats and don't listen  >:( If it was a sudden thing I would put it back in warm water, then squeeze the lower mouth together like this
So it tightens the part where jaw meets the rest of the Rex. However I would like to leave you with the disclaimer that I've never tried this before, so I'm not sure if it'll work. Good luck.

After I did the water trick to get the jaw loosened up, it wouldn't close after that (nor does it open all the way). This was just two days ago that I got it out of the box. My previous one that I sent back for exchange didn't have any jaw issues other than the initial getting it open. Thanks for the tip, though. I may give that a shot. I was thinking of putting some of that poster tack stuff in there but I really don't want to have to do that.

Monkeysaurus

have you tried forcing it open? Every Rebor model I have I've had to pry the mouth open to such an extent that I felt like it was going to break it. I think it may have to do with the paint drying with it shut. When I got my first Rebor Dino - Yutrannus it had the same problem as you're describing, a kind of limp mouth halfway shut/closed, but after looking at pictures of it online I knew something was wrong, so the I just held my breath and really muscled it open. I had to do the same for the T-Rex and Ceratosaurus. Although mine also didn't come with a bent tooth, so I'm not sure if that warped the mouth on yours?
Just because I have a short attention span doesn't mean

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: