News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Yutyrannus's Prehistoric Art

Started by Yutyrannus, April 13, 2012, 02:11:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yutyrannus

Thanks :)! The runes are a form of Anglo-saxon and they say: Smaug the Magnificent.

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

Yutyrannus

I finished the final head design of Smaug last night:

I changed a few things. The nose looks more like the one of Smaug in the movie and He now has spikes down a skin flap on the side of his neck. Also, I decided that this Smaug drawing will be the first in series of dragons from my favorite novels, all will be drawn on 18'' by 24'' paper.
Here is the list of dragons that I will draw:
#1 - Smaug from The Hobbit.
#2 - Glauring from The Children of Hurin.
#3 - Valdearg from Merlin: The Raging Fires.
#4 - Basilgarrad from Merlin: The Dragon of Avalon.

Jetoar

[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Yutyrannus

Balaur

Smaug is awesome! Too bad he was barely seen in the first Hobbit movie.

Yutyrannus

I can say that you will see more of him in the extended edition which comes out on November 4th. Also, it has been revealed what he looks like in the trailers for the second movie.
Here is a gallery of the movie Smaug

From The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug teaser trailer:

From The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug main trailer:

From The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey Extended Edition trailer:

Jetoar

[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Everything_Dinosaur

Nice sketch, always a pleasure to see drawings of Theropods.  Much better than our own paltry efforts.

Yutyrannus

Quote from: Everything_Dinosaur on October 21, 2013, 11:48:26 AM
Nice sketch, always a pleasure to see drawings of Theropods.  Much better than our own paltry efforts.
Which sketch were you referring to?

Also, I wil (hopefully) be able to post a sketch of the head of my next dragon, Valdearg, as well as a WIP of my Smaug picture :).

Balaur

How far along are you with Smaug?

Also, very random question, but what was your favourite part if The Hobbit: AUJ?

Mine is Golumm. ;)

Yutyrannus

I just finished drawing his hoard. Also, apologies for not posted the WIP yesterday, maybe today. And I made a few sketches of dragon fire for these pictures (the flames of Valdearg are more like normal fire while that of Tolkien's dragons is hotter than magma). I may be adding Anclagon and Scatha to my list of dragon pictures as well.

And my favorite parts (I cannot decide between them) were when Smaug attacks Erebor, and when the Eagles come to the Battle of the Pines. Gollum psrt was really funny though :). "Knife! Oh, shut up!! :))

Yutyrannus

Here is the WIP I mentioned earlier :):

This was drawn on 18'' by 24'' paper so I had to go to a UPS Store to have it scanned. Also, now his hoard has been finished and it looks awesome! Prepare to see the Arkenstone and a Palantir (yes, I know it never mentions one of them in Erebor but oh well, lets just call it creative license :)) ).

Yutyrannus

Here are the head designs of my next two dragons: Valdearg and Scatha respectively.

Also, I will try to go and get the Smaug picture scanned again soon as the hoard is now finished :).

Yutyrannus

Here is the second WIP of the Smaug picture. Only the cavern wall is left now :).

TheAllosaur

I love Lord of the Rings, and your smaug is awesome!
Part-time genius!

Yutyrannus

Yutyrannus

I have decided to start a "Ancient Titans" series of drawings. The series will feature all of the largest known titanosaurs.
Here is a list of what species I have so far decided to include :):
Paralititan stromeri
Puertasaurus reuili
Andesaurus delgadoi
Argentinosaurus huinculensis
Argyrosaurus superbus
Alamosaurus sanjuanensis
Futalognkosaurus dukei

Please tell me if there are any I forgot :).

Balaur

Yutyrannus

Thanks! I actually might make it a spin-off for my series :).

TheAllosaur

Maybe you could do "Antarctosaurus" giganteus. It's a big titanosaur.
Part-time genius!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: