News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Yutyrannus's Prehistoric Art

Started by Yutyrannus, April 13, 2012, 02:11:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yutyrannus

I'm betting someone's going to find a pachycephalosaur with feathers eventually.

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

stargatedalek

I wouldn't doubt it
assuming something had feathers is becoming the new "conservative assumption"

Yutyrannus

stargatedalek

indeed ;)
retrosaurs have their time and place, but its great to see lots of accurate paleoart around, yours is always great

Yutyrannus

Yutyrannus

Here is the king of the Cretaceous South Pacific ;D:

Taniwhasaurus

Again this is for one of the Mesozoic series Balaur and I are working on (in this case Mesozoic Earth).

Balaur

Wow! That has to be among your best drawings!

Yutyrannus

Probably because it is now one of my favorite mosasaurs ;). Hopefully the Pannoniasaurus and Platecarpus turn out just as good. Oh, and also the colors of the Taniwhasaurus are based on the minke whale.

Balaur

I thought that was orca colouration. Either way, it fits really well with the animal.

Yutyrannus

The Platecarpus will have orca colors. I actually just finished drawing it this morning so I'll probably color it soon.

Yutyrannus

Here's a new one for Mesozoic, my orca mosasaur:

Platecarpus

It's no where near as good as my Taniwhasaurus, but I still like how it turned out. Unfortunately, however, I forgot orcas had a white jaw until after I finished coloring the picture ::).

Balaur

Nice one! When swimming, the flippers would be out to the sides like whales though. Right?

Yutyrannus

Oh, yeah, that's just how a drew it. It would swim with its flippers to the sides.

Balaur

That makes since. I actually like that the jaw isn't white, because it's not a total copy of the killer whale colouration.

Yutyrannus

Yeah, it does look pretty cool that way.

Yutyrannus

I fixed the tail fluke on my Platecarpus:

I think it's better now.

Yutyrannus

And another mosasaur for Mesozoic Earth:

Carinodens

Coloration based on the spectacled dolphin.

Balaur

Yutyrannus

Thanks! I just realized the only mosasaurs I have left to draw and color are Hainosaurus, Plioplatecarpus, Dallasaurus, and the two Pannoniasaurus :(.

Yutyrannus

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: