News:

Dinosaur Toy Forum Diorama Contest 2024. Deadline for submissions is October 29th 2024. Contest details here.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

spinosaurus1 artwork

Started by spinosaurus1, November 04, 2014, 03:44:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

irimali

i love the texture on the achillobator!  it looks very natural.

Reptilia

Love your artworks, most of them would be definitely worthy of a publication.

spinosaurus1

some doodle i made depicting Dimetrodon grandis at odds with one another. i was wondering which pose would everyone like to see as a colored drawing.

BlueKrono

The upper left! Wildly creative pose.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Kayakasaurus

Protocasts Dinosaur Models http://youtube.com/c/kayakasaurus

Neosodon

"3,000 km to the south, the massive comet crashes into Earth. The light from the impact fades in silence. Then the shock waves arrive. Next comes the blast front. Finally a rain of molten rock starts to fall out of the darkening sky - this is the end of the age of the dinosaurs. The Comet struck the Gulf of Mexico with the force of 10 billion Hiroshima bombs. And with the catastrophic climate changes that followed 65% of all life died out. It took millions of years for the earth to recover but when it did the giant dinosaurs were gone - never to return." - WWD

spinosaurus1

some sketches of animals that lived in the Yixian formation

a Moganopterus zhuiana lands on a resting Yutyrannus huali, too lazy to care for the unexpected guest

Sinocalliopteryx gigas ripping the feathers off a Sinornithosaurus millenii kill to excess the meat underneath.

Jinzhousaurus yangi a tosses a Psittacosaurus lujiatunensis that wonders to close to it's comfort zone.

Tyto_Theropod

Nice little sketches, I'm ashamed to say I know very little about the Yixian fauna. My favourite of these is easily the Sinocalliopteryx. Plucking feathered meals is a behaviour you see in modern birds of prey, so it's a neat idea to speculate that predatory dinosaurs might have done it as well.
UPDATE - Where've I been, my other hobbies, and how to navigate my Flickr:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9277.msg280559#msg280559
______________________________________________________________________________________
Flickr for crafts and models: https://www.flickr.com/photos/162561992@N05/
Flickr for wildlife photos: Link to be added
Twitter: @MaudScientist

spinosaurus1

The Atroxious

Daaaaaang, you have the skills. I'm really impressed. It's awesome to see someone who does lots of lineart instead of coloring everything. There's some kind of exquisite beauty in well-crafted line work that I feel too often gets obscured by the colors and shading that almost inevitably get layered on any reasonably complete piece. I like a good painting as much as the next guy, but I'm an absolute sucker for sketches and lineart, and you, sir, do credit to these rarely seen techniques.

spinosaurus1

Quote from: The Atroxious on March 13, 2017, 08:43:19 PM
Daaaaaang, you have the skills. I'm really impressed. It's awesome to see someone who does lots of lineart instead of coloring everything. There's some kind of exquisite beauty in well-crafted line work that I feel too often gets obscured by the colors and shading that almost inevitably get layered on any reasonably complete piece. I like a good painting as much as the next guy, but I'm an absolute sucker for sketches and lineart, and you, sir, do credit to these rarely seen techniques.

thanks alot forthe kind comment. i agree, sketching and  lineart definitely has it's place in art as the observable process of how an artist creates a piece of art. it's one of the reasons i'm starting to make more line art more often.

Gualicho and Australovenator anatomy sketches based off their known skeletal remains

The Atroxious

Glad to find someone who enjoys this technique as much as I do.

Another thing I should probably mention is that I love the way you flesh out your critters. They're visibly muscular, with no major muscle groups absent as is so common in paleoart, yet they're still lean and svelte, as one would expect a wild animal to be. Good work on the patagia as well. So often people leave out the patagia on the posterior of the knees for some reason, even though the vast majority of vertebrates possess them. The only animals I'm aware of that don't have them are monkeys and apes, and the sprawling reptiles, which is probably related to their unusual postures. More likely than not, nonavian dinosaurs probably possessed them, and I think they add to the believability of your drawings.

Cloud the Dinosaur King

Quote from: spinosaurus1 on March 13, 2017, 09:22:03 PM
Quote from: The Atroxious on March 13, 2017, 08:43:19 PM

thanks alot forthe kind comment. i agree, sketching and  lineart definitely has it's place in art as the observable process of how an artist creates a piece of art. it's one of the reasons i'm starting to make more line art more often.

Gualicho and Australovenator anatomy sketches based off their known skeletal remains

Wow, very good drawings. And Gualicho is very recently discovered.

Jose S.M.

Great work as usual! I love the Mapusaurus.

spinosaurus1

oxalaia bellowing at a generic pterosaur flying too close to his young

ZoPteryx

Well done!  I don't know that I've ever seen paleoart of a spinosaur defending its young.  :)

BlueKrono

Quote from: ZoPteryx on March 30, 2017, 06:41:30 AM
Well done!  I don't know that I've ever seen paleoart of a spinosaur defending its young.  :)

Makes a lot of sense, considering its crocodilianess.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

spinosaurus1

quick utahraptor sketch without the plumage to show off the animals bulk

CrypticPrism

Quote from: spinosaurus1 on November 21, 2016, 09:35:50 PM
first time drawing on my tablet and first time using krita :) just making doodles and getting use to drawing this way

a large suchomimus flares his arms and bellows in order to ward off rival males

"As a specialman yes, I'm intimidating!"

This reminded me of this.
"Tip for flirting: carve your number into a potato and roll it towards eligible females you wish to court with."
"Reading is just staring at a dead piece of wood for hours and hallucinating
My DeviantArt: flipplenup.deviantart.com

spinosaurus1

a mini doodle of amphicoelias fragillimus ( big Amphicoelias altus) with a camptosaurus tagging along

a sketch of brontosaurus doing what brontosaurus does best

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: