News:

Dinosaur Toy Forum Diorama Contest 2024. Deadline for submissions is October 29th 2024. Contest details here.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

spinosaurus1 artwork

Started by spinosaurus1, November 04, 2014, 03:44:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jose S.M.

spinosaurus1

some moster tyrannosaurus sketches

WarrenJB

Excellent T vs S! Slight perspective hiccup on the saurolophus snout and beak?

It may be only a WIP, but I like the detailed, clean line style. Reminds me a bit of comic artists like Geof Darrow, Jean Giraud or 'imself: Ricardo Delgado. Also more descriptive of form and perspective than other palaeo-linework like, say, Greg Paul's. (Not to pick him out for special treatment, even if GSP-bashing is a popular sport these days)

And I like the detail of the birdlike tongue.

Monster tyrannosaurs: nice! Looks about the average for tyrannosaurs on DA these days. ;D

spinosaurus1

thank you both :)

theres not perspective hiccup with the snout and beak of the saurolophus. i actually sculpted a 3d scull of the dinosaur to get the perspective correct. it matches almost perfectly

AcroSauroTaurus

Nice work on the Anthomnia Rex. ;)
I am the Dinosaur King!

Mamasaurus

That is amazing perspective on the saurolophus! It really makes a difference to have a model to look at, and you're inspiring me to use them more with my own critters :D

You always do amazing work, and I really enjoy your progress sketches.  Thank you for sharing! :)

Images copyrite to Mamasaurus

spinosaurus1

Reptilia

Just one word: spectacular.

spinosaurus1

thank you reptilia :)

Cretoxyrhina mantelli

spinosaurus1

ZoPteryx

Loving these sharks!  I like how your Cretoxyrhina doesn't just look like a small great white, contrary to most reconstruction.  That godzilla shark is really cool!  Is it a type of hybodont?

Halichoeres

The Godzilla shark is fantastic! With those fin spines, I guess something even scarier was swimming around at the same time.

@Zopteryx: It's a ctenacanth (https://www.abqjournal.com/401916/ct-scan-reveals-fossil-find-is-a-new-species-of-shark.html). I don't think it's been formally described.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

spinosaurus1

thanks alot Zopteryx and Halichoeres. means a lot that you like them.

otodus

Mamasaurus

I'm really loving these sharks!  Always nice to see other prehistoric beasties, especially things like sharks...they don't get enough love, and few appreciate how diverse they are as a group. :)

Images copyrite to Mamasaurus

spinosaurus1

thank you Mamasaurus. i was esspecially surprised by how much i found myself likeing sharks and how to draw them.

tylosaurus wip

Reptilia

Oh yes! A nice, bulky Tylosaurus.

spinosaurus1

thanks Reptilia

fason

I haven't been here in awhile but catching up has been fun , your artwork has definitely improved  :)

spinosaurus1

Quote from: fason on September 21, 2017, 12:11:18 AM
I haven't been here in awhile but catching up has been fun , your artwork has definitely improved  :)

spinosaurus1

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: