News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Jurassic World lego

Started by Takama, November 15, 2014, 10:10:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TJ_Terrorsaur

Quote from: dinotoyforum on July 15, 2015, 05:42:08 PM
We need a separate thread for Jurassic World Lego Game (as opposed to lego toys)!

Yes Sir we do, I'd love to share my screencaps of the game. :D

If they did make a JW Mosasaur lego toy, I wonder how big it would be. :o
Also the Lego Gallimimus, does anyone else think it looks more like a compy?

Kayakasaurus

Quote from: TJ_Terrorsaur on July 15, 2015, 05:53:42 PM
We need a separate thread for Jurassic World Lego Game (as opposed to lego toys)!

The Lego Gallimimus is actually a Coelophysis released in their most recent Dino theme, they just renamed it for the sake of JP/JW.

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Ambush-Attack-5882
Protocasts Dinosaur Models http://youtube.com/c/kayakasaurus

CityRaptor

They probably should have called that one a Compsognathus.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

DinoToyForum

I think you've just nominated yourself to start the thread ;)  O:-)

TJ_Terrorsaur

Quote from: dinotoyforum on July 15, 2015, 06:41:10 PM

I think you've just nominated yourself to start the thread ;)  O:-)

I did?  :o
Huh, well if no one beats me to it I just might, though maybe after I get from the con I'm about to go to. <_< Plus I need to get all my pictures in order so's I can upload them.

LophoLeeVT

hey people jurassic world lego is becomiming kinnda rare!!!
check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

kreativtek

I recently bought the original red T-Rex from Lego Dino line. It's usually very rare and expensive, but I managed to buy it for as little as $10. The new Lego JW T-Rex is basically the same figure so I think I can say that I adore both of them. It really is a simplified version of this dinosaur, but that's the beauty of it: smooth lines, wonderful paint application, and pretty good playability. It's now sitting on my desk and I love every bit of it.

LophoLeeVT

yes! i like my red rex as weel indeed!
check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!

TJ_Terrorsaur

I just got an e-mail from Lego! I asked them if they were going to be making anymore sets and here is what Stephanie said! (I'm still really stoked that Lego replied to me!)

"Dear TJ,

Thanks for getting in touch with us. Happy belated birthday by the way! You sound like you are a really big LEGO® fan!

Isn't it exciting that there are so many new LEGO® sets every year? It's great to see you're eagerly waiting and trying to find out about what we've planned for the future.

I'm sorry that I can't tell you anything about any more Jurassic World™ sets at the moment. Something like that might be coming soon, but until new toys are announced in the catalogue or on LEGO.com, we aren't able to share any details. That's because it takes a long time to design and make new toys, and we sometimes need every minute until they hit the shelves to make them perfect. Besides... we look forward to surprising you! If you want to find out about new LEGO sets as soon as they're announced, just keep an eye on our website.

I hope you have a great day and a happy holiday!

We want to make sure we're doing a good job for you, so you'll always find the link to a four-question survey in our emails. Please tell us how we did today:

Please let us know if you need anything else.

Kind regards,
Stephanie
LEGO® Service"

I really hope that maybe is a hidden yes!

LophoLeeVT

looks like it!
i have bought all the lego dino and the lego jw sets and i will get all the new dinosaaur related lego dinosaurus if they are relased

suspsy

I wonder if there is any possibility that Lego will make sets from all the JP films just like they have with Star Wars, Harry Potter, LOTR, and the Hobbit. A Jeff Goldblum minifigure would be sweet.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Kayakasaurus

Quote from: suspsy on December 02, 2015, 03:48:37 AM
I wonder if there is any possibility that Lego will make sets from all the JP films just like they have with Star Wars, Harry Potter, LOTR, and the Hobbit. A Jeff Goldblum minifigure would be sweet.

I imagine they will, they also did it with India jones to prepare for the crystal skull. In the past When Lego made sets for a movie sequel they would start out doing the previous films and then doing the new film as it was coming out. They may have had less time, especially for designing new dinosaur molds. The video game might be giving us a sneak peek at their plans. they may release JP sets leading up to the sequel of JW, but hopefully we won't have to wait that long. They have already made a triceratops they could reuse.

TJ_Terrorsaur

Quote from: raptor64870 on December 02, 2015, 03:44:27 AM
looks like it!
i have bought all the lego dino and the lego jw sets and i will get all the new dinosaaur related lego dinosaurus if they are relased

;D ;D ;D I wanna hug you because you saying "looks like it" has helped me be even more hopeful and has cheered me up a little!
I bought all of the sets on my B-Day back in May (I mentioned that in my e-mail to them along with how much I loved the sets). Oh me too, as soon as I find out they're in stores I'm going to be buy 1 of each!

I can ask if you like, if not me then you can and they reply with in 3 days. :)

Quote from: Kayakasaurus on December 02, 2015, 06:33:05 AM

I imagine they will, they also did it with India jones to prepare for the crystal skull. In the past When Lego made sets for a movie sequel they would start out doing the previous films and then doing the new film as it was coming out. They may have had less time, especially for designing new dinosaur molds. The video game might be giving us a sneak peek at their plans. they may release JP sets leading up to the sequel of JW, but hopefully we won't have to wait that long. They have already made a triceratops they could reuse.

I've been thinking about that myself and I do hope this is true because I'd love to have a lego Mosasuar as well as one of the Pachycephalosaurus'....and all of the JP dinosaurs for that matter.
Did they make a Triceratops???

Kayakasaurus

This triceratops:

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Triceratops-Trapper-5885

Retired now because that line was replaced with JW, but these are the same molds they used for the JW Rex, and Raptor etc. so it makes sense that they will make a repaint for a JP set.

CityRaptor

Actually it was not replaced. This line, which was  very JP like to begin with, was already retired when JW came out. Apparently the T.rex will also get a release next year as Devil Dinosaur.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

suspsy

There's some decent potential for Lego sets in the other JP films:

Jurassic Park
-The raptor pen
-The T. rex attack on the touring cars
-The climactic escape from the visitor centre

The Lost World
-Dinosaur capture vehicles
-T. rex attacks the trailers
-San Diego rampage

JP3
-Spinosaurus plane attack
-Raptor lab attack
-Aviary attack

So yeah, lots of attacks.

Kayakasaurus

They technically have made JP sets, they were a sub-theme in the "studios" line, which was designed for making stop motion films.

http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/Jurassic_Park_III

TJ_Terrorsaur

Quote from: Kayakasaurus on December 02, 2015, 08:19:23 AM
This triceratops:

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Triceratops-Trapper-5885

Retired now because that line was replaced with JW, but these are the same molds they used for the JW Rex, and Raptor etc. so it makes sense that they will make a repaint for a JP set.

Oooh! Neat-o! I  went browsing around on Lego and I saw they had a Green Rex which could be used for The Lost World. :) Since both male and female Rex's were green-ish.

Quote from: suspsy on December 02, 2015, 01:12:47 PM
There's some decent potential for Lego sets in the other JP films:

Jurassic Park
-The raptor pen
-The T. rex attack on the touring cars
-The climactic escape from the visitor centre

The Lost World
-Dinosaur capture vehicles
-T. rex attacks the trailers
-San Diego rampage

JP3
-Spinosaurus plane attack
-Raptor lab attack
-Avery attack

So yeah, lots of attacks.

Yes, all of this and maybe a few others like a packet with a bunch of Compies! Or perhaps tiny grab-bags filled with people from the entire film franchise! Like all the way from Alan to Spielberg!

They'd also have to have:

Stegosaurus Encounter. This one could have Sarah Harding, Nick Van Owen, Ian Malcom and Eddie Carr as well as Two adult Stegosaurus' and an infant.

Attack at the Camp. This one could have Peter Ludlow, Roland Tembo and perhaps Ajay Sidhu as well as two Triceratops and the Baby T-Rex.

Dinosaur Stampede This one could feature Robert Burke as well as one or two others (perhaps from one of the other sets) along with the Sauropod the motorcylist goes under, two vehicles (such as the one that grabbed the pachy) and a Parasaurolophus and maybe the pachy.

Compy Swarm. Now this one would have to have Dieter Stark and 4 Compsognathus'.

Quote from: Kayakasaurus on December 02, 2015, 06:40:56 PM
They technically have made JP sets, they were a sub-theme in the "studios" line, which was designed for making stop motion films.

http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/Jurassic_Park_III

I think I had those or something like them when Jurassic Park 3 came out.

suspsy

The problem with any JP Lego set is that you can't just have the dinosaur and a few minifigures---there needs to be a certain amount of bricks in there as well. The encounter with the Stegosaurus for example, takes place in a jungle, so there isn't much building potential there.

TJ_Terrorsaur

Quote from: suspsy on December 02, 2015, 10:46:44 PM
The problem with any JP Lego set is that you can't just have the dinosaur and a few minifigures---there needs to be a certain amount of bricks in there as well. The encounter with the Stegosaurus for example, takes place in a jungle, so there isn't much building potential there.

Maybe it could come with a Chinook Helicopter.  ;)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: