News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Triceratops83's Ornithischians- Rebirth from page 14

Started by triceratops83, December 13, 2014, 04:45:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bokisaurus

Quote from: triceratops83 on February 06, 2015, 03:15:25 PM
I often see an ELC Triceratops in the style of the Safari Great Dinos on Ebay. Often wondered about it.
Here's a closer shot of the Marginocephalian shelf. Just barely fits now, but later this year the addition of the Battat Pentaceratops, Nasutoceratops, BMOS Styracosaurus and Pachycephalosaurus will burst the dam. I don't want such a nice group of figures bunched in like that - you need room to appreciate beauties like the Safaris.

Great collection, love all of the ceratopsians ;)
Wow, I did not know that the new CollectA Nasutu is so much smaller than the others.

triceratops83

Quote from: Bokisaurus on February 12, 2015, 08:53:04 PM
Great collection, love all of the ceratopsians ;)

Thanks! I must nearly have as many as you!
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

triceratops83

Got this off Ebay. Apparently sculpted by Russ Mueller - info anyone? A really beautiful sculpt, everything I wanted in an Anchiceratops. We have to keep an eye out for more from this artist. It looks very Shane Foulkes. I'm not sure if I'm finished painting it yet, I don't have that feeling of it being complete. I based the colours off an Eastern Water Dragon. I thought I'd use my own photo but those things are really fast! The babies can even run across water.

Some more DVDs.

Film scores from dinosaur movies. DINOSCORES!
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Excellent paint job on the Anchiceratops. Nice media score too.

triceratops83

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 28, 2015, 07:51:56 AM
Excellent paint job on the Anchiceratops. Nice media score too.

Thanks, Blade. I picked up the Baby soundtrack only recently after I mentioned it here somewhere. First time I'd seen it anywhere. It was released by Intrada records, who bring out lots of good, obscure soundtracks.

That 3 pack of Gorgo, Reptilicus seems to be recorded off TV. I've also bought off Ebay what turned out to be a burnt copy of the Dinoriders series. I wonder what the rules are on Ebay about copied films/music.

Blade-of-the-Moon

It's the only way to get the DR series unfortunately. eBay has rules but they aren't strictly enforced..especially if both parties know what they have/want.

triceratops83

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 28, 2015, 09:39:45 AM
especially if both parties know what they have/want.

Neither DR or that 3 pack I mentioned advertised the fact that they were copies. Not that it's a problem, I'm just surprised that one can get way with it these days. Funny, I just went through my Ebay purchases to look for that 3pack to reference, but the listing's gone. Maybe the FBI's already tracking me down...

Tyto_Theropod

Nice figure, even if the outer front toes should be vestigial. I'll keep an eye out for this guy. Your paint job is stunning!
UPDATE - Where've I been, my other hobbies, and how to navigate my Flickr:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9277.msg280559#msg280559
______________________________________________________________________________________
Flickr for crafts and models: https://www.flickr.com/photos/162561992@N05/
Flickr for wildlife photos: Link to be added
Twitter: @MaudScientist

triceratops83

Quote from: Tyto_Theropod on February 28, 2015, 12:24:10 PM
Nice figure, even if the outer front toes should be vestigial. I'll keep an eye out for this guy. Your paint job is stunning!

Thanks! The vestigial toe claws are my fault, I always paint them if it looks like a claw line is sculpted there - I should probably leave them next time.

sauroid

lovely Anchi. awesome paint skill too. (and great bunch of classic giant monster/dino movies)
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

triceratops83

Quote from: sauroid on February 28, 2015, 06:09:53 PM
lovely Anchi. awesome paint skill too. (and great bunch of classic giant monster/dino movies)

Thanks, Sauroid! As for the dinosaur movies, I think I've picked up nearly all my childhood favourites. Maybe need a few more Toho flicks, like Rodan.
Here's the Collecta Alamosaurus. I don't want to get into collecting Sauropods, but this one is a neighbour of Triceratops.

That image with the slogan "Remember the Alamo" would make a great T-shirt.

Arul

It will be nice if we combine quetzalcoatlus collecta with the alamo for diorama, set the angle to get the better size scale :D it must be so much fun..

triceratops83

Quote from: ARUL on March 01, 2015, 03:28:30 PM
It will be nice if we combine quetzalcoatlus collecta with the alamo for diorama, set the angle to get the better size scale :D it must be so much fun..
You mean use perspective so it looks like the alamosaurus is about the same size as the one getting swallowed?
Here's the AAOD Bronze Muttaburrasaurus. Great Ornithopod figure. Available from here - http://australianageofdinosaurs.com/shop3-merch.php

And Rebor's Jolly. The little Santa's hat reminds me of Gizmo from Gremlins. He even looks like he is shouting "Bright light, bright light!"

Blade-of-the-Moon

Ah..sauropods are like Doritos..you can't eat just one. ;)

Wow...that  AAOD Bronze Muttaburrasaurus looks awesome! How big is it? Looks like all the others are roughly the same size?  I wonder who sculpted them?

tyrantqueen

Those statues are really nice. I'm tempted to go for one of the pewter ones, so I could paint it. But I have a feeling they're on the small size.

postsaurischian

:D Wonderful paintjob on the Anchiceratops. Congrats!

The AAOD Bronze Muttaburrasaurus is very beautiful. I had to get me all four of this set ;D.

triceratops83

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 03, 2015, 07:08:08 AM
Ah..sauropods are like Doritos..you can't eat just one. ;)
Wow...that  AAOD Bronze Muttaburrasaurus looks awesome! How big is it? Looks like all the others are roughly the same size?  I wonder who sculpted them?
Thing about Sauropods is they take up too much room. At least Ceratopsians fit neatly into a square shape, if you know what I mean. I don't know who sculpted them, but they have an almost Invicta flavour to them.

Quote from: tyrantqueen on March 03, 2015, 11:04:15 AM
Those statues are really nice. I'm tempted to go for one of the pewter ones, so I could paint it. But I have a feeling they're on the small size.

Yeah, they're tiny, about the length of your finger. There's another set as well, but they're not as nice as these ones. I'm not big on small figures, heh heh, but these are worth getting.

Quote from: postsaurischian on March 03, 2015, 11:21:15 AM
:D Wonderful paintjob on the Anchiceratops. Congrats!
The AAOD Bronze Muttaburrasaurus is very beautiful. I had to get me all four of this set ;D.

Thanks! And I might get the whole set yet. They're producing some really nice merchandise at the AAOD, I hope they keep it up. For a museum line, they're doing better than the Toyway figures...

JoeCamaro

triceratops83

triceratops83

I may have been wrong about that Anchiceratops model in the previous post above - I've read elsewhere that the artist might have been Darren McDonald. Any Info would be appreciated.
Here's a couple more Parasaurolophus (Favorite and Safari). I think it might be the most prolific Hadrosaur figure. Surely it has surpassed Edmontosaurus/Anatotitan/Anatosaurus/Trachodon (heh heh) by now?

Here's my first order from Dejankins. Another great online store that has me thinking "Why has it taken me this long to order from them?"
SAFARI - baby Hypacrosaurus, Leptoceratops, Anatotitan and the Favorite Pachycephalosaurus.

Not a great day to take a photo - very cloudy. Now with the Anatotitan and Leptoceratops out of the way, my holy grail list is down to the Favorite Saurolophus, Invicta Lambeosaurus, Safari Hypacrosaurus and a few Triceratops - I've done pretty well to get most of my wanted figures.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: