News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Triceratops83's Ornithischians- Rebirth from page 14

Started by triceratops83, December 13, 2014, 04:45:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

I've been tempted to get that Pachycephalosaurus...

triceratops83

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 10, 2015, 03:46:39 AM
I've been tempted to get that Pachycephalosaurus...

It's a nice little figure, with lots of texture. About the same size as the Collecta one. Because all of my non-Triceratops Marginocephalians are roughly the same scale, I like my Pachycephalosaurs small. It's worked out nicely, because my Basal Ceratopsians are mostly Kaiyodo sized. Hadrosaurs aren't as plentiful, so Scale isn't as much of an issue there. Anyhoo, I reckon you should get one, there aren't many pachycephalosaur figures, and the favourite is a good one. Someone should do a Stegoceras or Prenocephale, after all, they're known from more complete remains and definitely deserve a figure.

Here's a view from above
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Nice. Pretty much matches up to my Dinostoreus statue...though the head might be a bit larger.

Are there two versions of this one like with the earlier and later sets? I can't recall off hand.

sauroid

cool new ones from Dejankins. i hope to get a Leptoceratops and the adult Hypacrosaurus too someday. good thing your Favorite Pachy can stand up well, mine has good and bad days.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

triceratops83

Quote from: sauroid on March 10, 2015, 06:33:14 AM
cool new ones from Dejankins. i hope to get a Leptoceratops and the adult Hypacrosaurus too someday. good thing your Favorite Pachy can stand up well, mine has good and bad days.

I'd get the Leptoceratops soon, before it disappears forever. And, honestly, My pachycephalosaurus is standing up thanks to Blu-tac, its' ankles are a little weak. You notice you can always get retired Parasaurolophus new from brands like Safari, Carnegie and Schleich, but Corythosaur types seem to sell out quicker. Try looking on Ebay, you can't get a Schleich Corythosaurus or Safari Hypacrosaurus, but they've each got tons of Parasaurolophus. Just an odd thing I've noticed.

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 10, 2015, 06:16:48 AM
Are there two versions of this one like with the earlier and later sets? I can't recall off hand.

Can't be certain, but I know of only the one version.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

DinoLord

Where did you get the Favorite Pachycephalosaurus? I've been wanting that one for quite a while

triceratops83

Quote from: DinoLord on March 10, 2015, 07:50:55 PM
Where did you get the Favorite Pachycephalosaurus? I've been wanting that one for quite a while

http://www.dejankins.com/

He still has a lot of older figures, brand new. This was my first time shopping there, and I picked up a few figures I've wanted for a while. He has most of the older Favorite line. He was a pleasure to shop with - I recommend that you take a look. Prices are unbeatable as well.

sauroid

Quote from: triceratops83 on March 11, 2015, 03:29:43 AM
Quote from: DinoLord on March 10, 2015, 07:50:55 PM

http://www.dejankins.com/

He still has a lot of older figures, brand new. This was my first time shopping there, and I picked up a few figures I've wanted for a while. He has most of the older Favorite line. He was a pleasure to shop with - I recommend that you take a look. Prices are unbeatable as well.
was the postage cost from dejankins to you not too expensive?
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

triceratops83

Quote from: sauroid on March 11, 2015, 04:23:30 AM

It was still about $30, which is OK where I'm concerned. I HAVE to spend a bunch on postage living where I do. North America generally costs more that Europe or Asia. But either way, they've got a lot of Hard To Find figures there, stuff I've scoured Ebay for ages without results so I do recommend Dejankins. Oh, and it turned up really quickly. North America often takes the longest for packages to arrive here, so that was pretty cool. In general I try to get stuff from the UK or Germany before I order from the US or Canada. When you visit Dejankins, really LOOK through their catalogue, there's a lot of cool stuff in there.

triceratops83

The Shapeways mb-cg Chasmosaurus belli in 1:40 scale. This is the first time I got one printed in FUD. I usually get WSF, but I like this smoother surface. When I save up a bit more money (get out of debt) I might go on a shapeways bender. There's a few on my want list.

triceratops83

Greg Wenzel's Lambeosaurus. It's a kind of combination of a Bongo and an Okapi. I read Blade's suggestion to do it in faux bronze too late - it would really suit this model.

What is Greg Wenzel up to these days? Is he still sculpting?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Nice job bud!

You know I have no idea what he's working on now...maybe Dan knows?

triceratops83

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 14, 2015, 07:01:33 AM
Nice job bud!
You know I have no idea what he's working on now...maybe Dan knows?

Thanks, Blade.
Greg Wenzel's one of the very best in my opinion, I hope he's still working on something. It's a pity he's not getting back into Battat.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Was the Lambeosaurus, Gorgosaurus and I'm thinking there was another..going to be released by Battat before the line ended? Dan hasn't mentioned it but I wonder if those sculpts will make it into the new release?

triceratops83

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 14, 2015, 02:28:44 PM
Was the Lambeosaurus, Gorgosaurus and I'm thinking there was another..going to be released by Battat before the line ended? Dan hasn't mentioned it but I wonder if those sculpts will make it into the new release?

I'm hoping so, and with Dan's paint apps they should look pretty sweet.

sauroid

Quote from: triceratops83 on March 11, 2015, 01:35:09 PM
Quote from: sauroid on March 11, 2015, 04:23:30 AM

It was still about $30, which is OK where I'm concerned. I HAVE to spend a bunch on postage living where I do. North America generally costs more that Europe or Asia. But either way, they've got a lot of Hard To Find figures there, stuff I've scoured Ebay for ages without results so I do recommend Dejankins. Oh, and it turned up really quickly. North America often takes the longest for packages to arrive here, so that was pretty cool. In general I try to get stuff from the UK or Germany before I order from the US or Canada. When you visit Dejankins, really LOOK through their catalogue, there's a lot of cool stuff in there.
thanks.

oh, and cool paint job on the Chasmo and Lambeo.  ;)

triceratops83

Quote from: sauroid on March 16, 2015, 03:18:35 PM
oh, and cool paint job on the Chasmo and Lambeo.  ;)

Thanks, Sauroid. Here's a group of Hypsilophodonts. Toyway WWD and Science & Nature Leaellynasauras, as well as the WWD3D Parksoaurus, who seems to be asking "Does my butt look big in this?"

How cool is it the WWD Leaellynasaura can stand on its' skinny little legs? It never falls over.

The Schleich Corythosaurus. It's the best ornithopod of their replicasaurus line. Second-hand and a little scuffed, so I might repaint it one of these days. It's a really bright day today, the light's a bit harsh in these photos.

UPDATE -  Had some time before work so I managed to repaint it already.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Looks good. I like seeing some green foliage..been too long here without it!

sauroid

yeah the Schleich Corytho looks even better now. i have one but i dont know where i stored it.

triceratops83

Thanks, guys. I actually like the original colours, but since it was a bit banged up it would have bothered me forever. Now, with a new coat of paint, it really feels like it belongs to me now. If that makes any sense...

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: