News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo - New for 2015

Started by DinoLord, December 18, 2014, 09:37:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KeU

Quote from: ARUL on January 13, 2015, 05:04:45 PM
Just want to give the picture  :))

There's a high res pic above but you get A for effort.
I didn't even bother.

Arul

Quote from: KeU on January 14, 2015, 01:27:43 PM
Quote from: ARUL on January 13, 2015, 05:04:45 PM
Just want to give the picture  :))

There's a high res pic above but you get A for effort.
I didn't even bother.

Oh yeah sorry my gadget cant see that pic...

Arul

Everything Dinosaur said on FB that papo apato long is 37cm

Manatee

Quote from: ARUL on January 14, 2015, 11:29:49 PM
Everthing Dinosaur said on FB that papo aato long is 37cm
Good to hear. Not too exorbitantly enormous, but still big enough to convey a sense of large size.

ignite444

So about 14 and a half inches long. Not bad at all.
My Latest Review: Rebor King T-Rex

Blade-of-the-Moon

Sounds okay..long but by no means massive. 

Arul

Quote from: Manatee on January 14, 2015, 11:45:55 PM
Good to hear. Not too exorbitantly enormous, but still big enough to convey a sense of large size.
Sorry for the typo..

suspsy

I'm fine with that size. It'll take up less room on my Papo shelf.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: suspsy on January 15, 2015, 02:47:13 AM

I wouldn't mind if it WAS my Papo shelf..I could put all the figures on her back.. lol  ;D

dragon53

At 14.5 inches, the Apatosaur is the same approximate length as Papo's Brachiosaur.
Has it been confirmed that the Papo Apatosaur really is a juvenile?

Arul

Quote from: suspsy on January 15, 2015, 02:47:13 AM

Agreed, i think so

sauroid

i just hope they'd still put out a massive Apato in the future
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

kreativtek

37 centimetres is the middle ground between too big and too small. The figure will indeed take up less space on the shelf, but deep inside me I hoped that it will be half as large as Sideshow's Apatosaurus. There's something about massive sauropod models that excites me beyond my understanding. Can you imagine Papo's amazing sculpting at such a scale?

Nonetheless, Apatosaurus and Tupuxuara are must-haves for me. Any details on pricing?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: sauroid on January 15, 2015, 08:06:36 AM

If they still call it a juvenile then maybe we will get a larger one.

Centrosaur86

I think everyone wanted an adult Apatosaurus Papo! Is this the cost? Or large boxes necessary?
Sorry im just disappointed.  :(

dragon53

As I mentioned before, both the Papo Brachiosaurus and Apatosaurus are about 14.5 inches long. So that would suggest the Apatosaur is an adult.

suspsy

At least half of that length is taken up by the tail though. Given that the Running T. Rex is just over a foot long, this will end up being a small Apatosaurus indeed. Its body will be only slightly larger than that of the Pachyrhinosaurus and Styracosaurus.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: suspsy on January 15, 2015, 06:26:06 PM
At least half of that length is taken up by the tail though. Given that the Running T. Rex is nearly a foot long, this will end up being a small Apatosaurus indeed. Its body will be only slightly larger than that of the Pachyrhinosaurus and Styracosaurus.

Exactly. I did some quick guesstimates last night..looks like it's 8-9" for the tail ( up to the back of the hip) and the remainder is from there up, about 5-6 and half inches. The body/chest area will be around the size of their ceratopsians.  I guess the same scale as the current Wild Safari?

tanystropheus

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 15, 2015, 08:35:46 AM
Quote from: sauroid on January 15, 2015, 08:06:36 AM

If they still call it a juvenile then maybe we will get a larger one.

I really hope that Papo names it Juvenile Apatosaurus. It would give some hope for a future much larger Apato release. However, knowing Papo, they might just name it "Brontosaurus". Papo named the Carnotaurus, a "Carnosaurus".

tanystropheus

Quote from: dragon53 on January 15, 2015, 05:56:40 PM
As I mentioned before, both the Papo Brachiosaurus and Apatosaurus are about 14.5 inches long. So that would suggest the Apatosaur is an adult.

Unfortunately, Brachiosaurus length does not include the neck, but since the Apato is laying horizontally, 14.5 inches includes the neck and the rather long tail. This is a small Apato, indeed.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: