News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo - New for 2015

Started by DinoLord, December 18, 2014, 09:37:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: darth daniel on February 14, 2015, 09:35:24 PM
According to the description at Urzeitshop, the modelĀ“s length (following the spine) is 55.5 cm. They claim it is 1:40 scale, which would mean it represents a 22.2 m long animal. This corresponds well to the length of 21-22.8 m which Wikipedia provides for CM 3018 (A. louisae).
Wikipedia also mentions undescribed finds of individuals 11-30% longer though, which would make the model too small for 1:40. What scale is the Brachiosaurus?

I'm not sure, maybe 1:45? It's smaller than the original Carnegie Brachiosaurus which was supposed to be 1:40.

Quote from: dragon53 on February 14, 2015, 09:41:44 PM
Does Papo have predetermined production runs for its dinosaurs?....In other words, hypothetically the Carnotaurus will be produced for two years; the Dimetrodon for three years, the Running T-Rex for two years, etc.?

None that I have ever heard. I guess they will  make them until they wear out the mold or replace them.

KeU

Was expecting a wider gut for the Apatosaurus, but still not gonna change my mind of getting it.

dragon53

BLADE-OF-THE-MOON:

Thanks for the answer. So what Papo dinosaurs are longer in production?

mpchi

Quote from: Everything_Dinosaur on February 14, 2015, 02:25:59 PM
Everything Dinosaur has now received stocks of the two new Papo models for 2015...

Young Apatosaurus: Young Apatosaurus

Tupuxuara Pterosaur: Papo Tupuxuara

Remember, as Everything Dinosaur is VAT registered, customers outside of the EU don't pay sales tax which means all product prices are minus 20% to non EU residents.

Awesome! Just placed my order. Thanks for the heads up, So excited for the arrival of the Apatosaurus! Been waiting for this for a long time.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: dragon53 on February 14, 2015, 11:17:25 PM
BLADE-OF-THE-MOON:

Thanks for the answer. So what Papo dinosaurs are longer in production?

I think they all are still being made technically.

The green Rex was the first one they made..is it still being produced? The brown version has a slightly different head sculpt.

The original JP1 Raptor colors were replaced by the JP3 one...but I think it's still the same sculpt.

Meso-Cenozoic

As far as I know, the original Green T. rex and original Raptor are not being produced anymore. Although, I think Blade's correct about the second Raptor being of the same mold, just different colors. I have both Raptors and I can't tell any difference in the sculpts. You can still find both the Green T. rex and 1st Raptor on eBay and such. But predictably, they are starting to go up in asking prices. Some stores might have a few left still in their inventory. But all the online dino toy stores I frequent here in the States don't have any left.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Ah okay, I had still seen the green Rex here and there on ebay but you never know if it's store stock or individual's by browsing.  Hope that answers your question dragon53.

Jetoar

Papo Apatosaurus is one of the best figures of Papo  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

dragon53

BLADE-OF-THE-MOON:

Yes, that answers my question. I was thinking more of Papo's dinosaurs had been discontinued.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Centrosaur86

Centrosaur86

Apatosaur vs my two Allosaurs!  ;D

reinier zwanink

Do thouse 2 have different colors?

Centrosaur86

The colors are the same. But from one are the colors brighter and clearer.  :)

Rathalosaurus

PLEASE SHOW (damn freakin') MORE OF THE APATO!!!!! ;D ;D ;D
Dude, I very like Dinos and I cannot understand those who don't.

Centrosaur86

Centrosaur86

Centrosaur86

Rathalosaurus

Not very big at all, but I am going to get him!!
Lucky you to have such a great figure!!
Dude, I very like Dinos and I cannot understand those who don't.

Centrosaur86

a few extra photo, s then Rathalosaurus!  ;)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: