News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Nature Photography (Formally Spring is in the Air)

Started by Gwangi, March 13, 2012, 02:50:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EmperorDinobot

Quote from: Gwangi on October 20, 2024, 10:47:33 PM
Quote from: EmperorDinobot on October 20, 2024, 09:39:52 PMI think it is Autumn/Fall that is in the air now.

Depends on where you live, avatar_triceratops83 @triceratops83 lives in Australia, where it is now spring!

The name of the thread is only there to honor Radman, who ran this thread on the original version of the forum and passed away some years ago. Spring is in the Air was the name he gave it. I'm not going to change the thread name every season, since the thread is barely acknowledged anyway.  :P

Cut me a break man, I just woke up. Everything looked flatter than a bad N64 game XD

postsaurischian

Quote from: Ajax88 on October 20, 2024, 10:36:34 PMMaybe my favorite photo I took from a recent birdwatching vacation to Costa Rica! Resplendent Quetzal. Modern Dinosaurs are quite beautiful!

Adorable! I love Quetzals a lot.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

:o  Alien invasion in Australia!

Gwangi

I didn't know Australia had cicadas! I guess I'm not surprised though. Ours in the U.S. are long gone for the season. I did get some pictures of a cicada being killed by a hornet, I should share them here.

postsaurischian

Quote from: Gwangi on October 21, 2024, 12:47:09 PMI didn't know Australia had cicadas! I guess I'm not surprised though. ........

When I've been to Australia for the first time hearing that unbelievable loud and strong sound I thought it was a heavy electric device ;D .
 I could hardly believe it was from a small insect.
 My picture only shows the empty exoskeletons of course. There were dozens on my friend's garden fence - a weird sight.

EmperorDinobot

We had cicadas in Caracas. Nights could be relaxing or annoying depending where you were or who you were. We would see their exoskeletons on a lot of trees.

Gwangi

Quote from: postsaurischian on October 21, 2024, 12:57:47 PM
Quote from: Gwangi on October 21, 2024, 12:47:09 PMI didn't know Australia had cicadas! I guess I'm not surprised though. ........

When I've been to Australia for the first time hearing that unbelievable loud and strong sound I thought it was a heavy electric device ;D .
 I could hardly believe it was from a small insect.
 My picture only shows the empty exoskeletons of course. There were dozens on my friend's garden fence - a weird sight.

I used to collect those exoskeletons as a kid. I had coffee cans full of them.

Halichoeres

I really got a kick out of the crested pigeons when I visited Australia. It's one of the derpiest crests of any bird, like Alfalfa from Little Rascals.

avatar_Ajax88 @Ajax88 nice shot of the quetzal! I've been in areas where they're native (though not CR), but never managed to spot one yet.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

triceratops83

Quote from: Halichoeres on October 23, 2024, 04:19:11 PMI really got a kick out of the crested pigeons when I visited Australia. It's one of the derpiest crests of any bird, like Alfalfa from Little Rascals.

It's not just the crest that's derpy, it's that pleasantly dumb expression on their faces that amuses me.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.