News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

My projects for 2015.....Xiphactinus 3/8/15

Started by yankeetrex, December 30, 2014, 04:49:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yankeetrex

Just wanted to share with you guys my kits to be finished in 2015. Any updates will be placed here.  Today i filled the gaps on all of the dinos and resculpted in the details. The para and ptera are jp toys that i thought would make perfect repaint candidates. The grey rex and trike are from galileo and pegasus.  The big sick trike is from galileo. The gallimimus is from tsukuda, and the rex is a recast horizon from ebay.  Soon the pegasus spinosaurus will be here......

Arul

Paleogene Pals

DinoLord

Looks like you have some great pieces lined up! How hard is that Tsukada Gallimimus to track  down?

triceratops83

How detailed is the underside of the Geene Models Sick Triceratops?
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

yankeetrex

Quote from: DinoLord on December 30, 2014, 01:52:44 PM
Looks like you have some great pieces lined up! How hard is that Tsukada Gallimimus to track  down?

I'm really excited, that gallimimus took me 10 years of lost ebay auctions, and heck I begged on here numerous times to try to find one, haha, to then finally find it on an obscure online mexican hobby shop. Got it for 75 USD, and I know its worth way more then that.  Galileo just made a decent comp for the tsukuda, and those are more readily available.

yankeetrex

Quote from: triceratops83 on December 30, 2014, 01:57:46 PM
How detailed is the underside of the Geene Models Sick Triceratops?

The underside is pretty much flat, I mean i get why he'd do it, but it would have been nice to have even the flat side fully detailed. I can take a picture if you'd like

New addition to my workbench.......Very pleased with the size, much bigger then I had imagined.

Alexxitator

Wonderful projects! I love the spino  ;)
To kill an error is as good a service as, and sometimes even better than, the establishing of a new truth or fact.
-Charles Darwin-

triceratops83

Quote from: yankeetrex on January 02, 2015, 06:45:16 AM
The underside is pretty much flat, I mean i get why he'd do it, but it would have been nice to have even the flat side fully detailed. I can take a picture if you'd like

Thanks for the info! Don't worry about a pic, just curious. Thought about this model myself, but lying on its' side, might have difficulty finding room for it - it'd be too wide for a bookshelf, right?
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

yankeetrex

Quote from: triceratops83 on January 02, 2015, 01:36:15 PM
Quote from: yankeetrex on January 02, 2015, 06:45:16 AM

Thanks for the info! Don't worry about a pic, just curious. Thought about this model myself, but lying on its' side, might have difficulty finding room for it - it'd be too wide for a bookshelf, right?

It depends, I have mine resting on a shelf I bought at Home Depot, so Im assuming the shelf is of an average width, and it just barely fits. 

I primed most of the pieces yesterday. Just have the triceratops today. Once that's finished I'll post an update

triceratops83

yankeetrex

Wanted to start this big update with a group shot.

Now for individuals.......

Broke the Previous build apart and built this....

Tsukuda Raptor......Really want to get rid of this, not a fan of the sculpt.....Anyone wants it pm me before I start painting, haha

Kenner Parasaurolophus.....

Tsukuda Gallimimus.......

Pegasus Rex.....

Pegasus Spinosaurus

Just for fun.....

triceratops83

Is that a Xiphactinus under the Spinosaurus?

yankeetrex

Quote from: triceratops83 on January 05, 2015, 03:28:17 AM
Is that a Xiphactinus under the Spinosaurus?

Yes it is, it's a pretty Knarly fish

Arul

triceratops83

Quote from: yankeetrex on January 05, 2015, 06:02:06 AM
Yes it is, it's a pretty Knarly fish
I want it just for the fish! Xiphactinus is a terrifying creature and it's surprising it doesn't turn up more often in toy/kit form.

yankeetrex

Tonight will be pics of the primed horizon rex, the sick triceratops, and the redone pteranodon. So excited about these, never done this many at a time. Probably never will again, lol.

Jetoar

[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Paleogene Pals

triceratops83, I too wish Xiphactinus was used as a subject more often, such a cool fish.

triceratops83

Quote from: Paleogene Pals on January 06, 2015, 01:16:33 AM
triceratops83, I too wish Xiphactinus was used as a subject more often, such a cool fish.

I'd hate to see one in real life, though. You can deter a shark from attacking, but these things just look crazy dangerous.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: