News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Tallin's Palaeoart and Sculpts

Started by Tallin, January 03, 2015, 08:34:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tallin

First piece of concept art for my dinosaur game in development!

Tallin

More models! This is the current progress on my Massospondylus. The creature will hopefully be one of the npcs in my Triassic based dinosaur computer game that I hope to be developing next year.

Tallin

Everything_Dinosaur

An excellent rendering, we are very impressed.

Doug Watson

I love your actual pen/pencil 2D sketch work, that artistic talent should serve you well with your computer work since you obviously already know perspective, shading and composition. Mind you that computer stuff is all black magic to me.

DinoLord

Blade-of-the-Moon

Nicely done!

The mood really comes through in your painted work.

Arul

Tallin

I've decided to have a shot at the '30 day dino drawing challenge' here:

http://archosaurlove.tumblr.com/post/43779204333/30-day-dinosaur-drawing-challenge

Day 1: Favourite therapod (I couldn't pick a favourite so just drew one I liked! A strutting male Coelophysis ~)

DinoLord

Very nice! I always love to see artists doing these sorts of challenges.

Tallin

Day two - favourite sauropod (again I couldn't chose so picked one I don't often see in art or models!)
Shunosaurus:

Doug Watson

Quote from: Tallin on February 21, 2015, 02:24:17 PM
Day two - favourite sauropod (again I couldn't chose so picked one I don't often see in art or models!)
Shunosaurus:

I love this one, did you literally just do it now?

Tallin

I did it last night in about an hour - then I tough it up a bit in adobe photoshop :)

Doug Watson

Quote from: Tallin on February 21, 2015, 05:13:57 PM
I did it last night in about an hour - then I tough it up a bit in adobe photoshop :)

Very nice.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Very cool!  I may have to commission an Allosaurus from you at some point if interested. :)  Was the blurring on the tail tip on purpose? I've always liked the camera focus feel. Artist Donna Braginetz was the first one I saw that used it..beautiful art there.

Tallin

That would be brilliant! And yes, I purposely blurred the tail club to make it look like it was swinging closer to the viewer - as in real life I'm pretty sure the club was much smaller in proportion to the body...

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Tallin on February 22, 2015, 12:28:52 AM
That would be brilliant! And yes, I purposely blurred the tail club to make it look like it was swinging closer to the viewer - as in real life I'm pretty sure the club was much smaller in proportion to the body...

Ah I had a feeling..very well done!

Have you tried making a head looking closer to the viewer but the body blurred in the background?

Takama

Quote from: Tallin on February 20, 2015, 05:18:37 PM
I've decided to have a shot at the '30 day dino drawing challenge' here:

http://archosaurlove.tumblr.com/post/43779204333/30-day-dinosaur-drawing-challenge

Day 1: Favourite therapod (I couldn't pick a favourite so just drew one I liked! A strutting male Coelophysis ~)

Reminds me of the Troodon made by Geoworld

Everything_Dinosaur

Great illustration, very impressive.

Tallin

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 22, 2015, 12:39:12 AM

Have you tried making a head looking closer to the viewer but the body blurred in the background?

Not yet! That's a great idea to try though and next him I draw a likely dinosaur I'll give it a go!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: