You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Obscure Creatures You Want Turned into a Model

Started by Megalosaurus, April 18, 2012, 01:39:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Takama

Quote from: Krissy on April 19, 2012, 12:46:39 AM
Would Seymouria count as obscure?

I think anything that an average everyday person has never heard of can be count as obscure. (next time you meet someone, ask them what a Rugops is, to see what i mean)

ITewan

I want more Ornithopods, like Hypsolophodon, Zephyrosaurus, Heterodontosaurus and Orytctodromeus :)
im a lil tired and a lil hungry

stemturtle

Quote from: Krissy on April 19, 2012, 12:46:39 AM
Would Seymouria count as obscure?

Seymouria (Razh00)

Krissy, the photo shows the wonderful Seymouria by forum member razh00.  It is available now, unpainted, from Shapeways
http://www.shapeways.com/model/293426/seymouria-7.html

Mural at New Mexico Museum of Natural History and Science (Click image)

Himmapaan

Here's a dull choice from me, and I'm afraid not an obscure creature either: Iguanodon. Simply because we haven't had a really good, up-to-date Iguanodon in so long (Kaiyodosaur excluded). I know we still have the Carnegie one, which is quite lovely in its own right, but I think it is in need of revision and refinement now. There are the CollectA and Toyway NHM ones, but they leave much to be desired (and I have both).

ITewan

Quote from: Himmapaan on April 19, 2012, 02:42:56 PM
Here's a dull choice from me, and I'm afraid not an obscure creature either: Iguanodon. Simply because we haven't had a really good, up-to-date Iguanodon in so long (Kaiyodosaur excluded). I know we still have the Carnegie one, which is quite lovely in its own right, but I think it is in need of revision and refinement now. There are the CollectA and Toyway NHM ones, but they leave much to be desired (and I have both).

I suggest messaging CollectA, they could have a Deluxe Iguanodon! :D
im a lil tired and a lil hungry

Takama

Well they can have a deluxe ornithopod.

seriously, there are no ornithopods in the deluxe collection. But when they do finally make one, bring on the $30 Shantungasaurus

tyrantqueen

QuoteHere's a dull choice from me, and I'm afraid not an obscure creature either: Iguanodon. Simply because we haven't had a really good, up-to-date Iguanodon in so long (Kaiyodosaur excluded). I know we still have the Carnegie one, which is quite lovely in its own right, but I think it is in need of revision and refinement now. There are the CollectA and Toyway NHM ones, but they leave much to be desired (and I have both).
I agree, in fact, I mentioned this in a thread on V1. I recommend the Dinostoreus Igunodon though, it's the cream of the crop in terms of Iggu replicas  :)

I want a Bigfoot model! It's a real animal to some of us  :))

*gets lobbed with tomatoes*

Takama

Wouldent bigfoot/Yeti simply be gigantoepicticus?

if so then yes. a figure would be epic for an Ice age collection

SBell

Quote from: Takama on April 20, 2012, 04:46:28 PM

No, because bigfoot (a) is North American (b) 'exists' today and so wouldn't be an ice age animal and (c) isn't real. In the case of the Yeti, (a) is from the Himalayas (b) 'exists' today and so wouldn't be an ice age animal and (c) isn't real.

Gigantopithecus is known from (scant) fossils but at least we know it existed, and where (south China/SE Asia--not the same as the Himalayas).

mmfrankford

I would love to have some trilobites. Not in fossil form but as living animals in model/toy form. And as has been mentioned, more pre dinosaur creatures.  *orthocone*

Brachiosaurus

I want to see a 1/40 scale tiktaalik, argentinasaurus, struthiomimus, predator X, placerias, titanoboa, alamosaurus, and shonosaurus

Patrx

Spinophorosaurus! and no, that hideous golem-skinned thing from Bullyland doesn't count.

SBell

Quote from: Pixelboy on April 20, 2012, 08:15:49 PM
Spinophorosaurus! and no, that hideous golem-skinned thing from Bullyland doesn't count.

That's what people who don't have it say!

Megalosaurus

I don't know much about Spinophorosaurus nor shunosaurus. Time for a research.
But my initial thoughs are that it would be relative easy to make a custom figure of both.

Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

Patrx

Quote from: SBell on April 20, 2012, 11:18:44 PM
Quote from: Pixelboy on April 20, 2012, 08:15:49 PM

That's what people who don't have it say!

What, you mean somebody actually did buy it?  ;)

Tyrannosaurid lover

Well maybe isnt a weird animal, but I want a  Yutyrannus,is cool, epic, cool and spongeus
When the time came out the amaizine animals that the time and extintion lef behind will be back.

stoneage

Quote from: SBell on April 20, 2012, 04:54:06 PM
Quote from: Takama on April 20, 2012, 04:46:28 PM

No, because bigfoot (a) is North American (b) 'exists' today and so wouldn't be an ice age animal and (c) isn't real. In the case of the Yeti, (a) is from the Himalayas (b) 'exists' today and so wouldn't be an ice age animal and (c) isn't real.

Gigantopithecus is known from (scant) fossils but at least we know it existed, and where (south China/SE Asia--not the same as the Himalayas).

How can the Bigfoot and Yeti exist today and not be real?  If it's not real then it never existed.

Takama

Quote from: Tyrannosaurid lover on April 21, 2012, 09:07:25 PM
Well maybe isnt a weird animal, but I want a  Yutyrannus,is cool, epic, cool and spongeus

Concavenator was found in 2010, and the year after, CollectA made a model of it.

Now since Yutyrannus was found this year. I bet all my Invictas. that CollectA will come out with one next year.

meoraptor

Monolophosaurus, Magyarosaurus, and Nanotyrannus (even if it is'nt considered valid by some people)

ZoPteryx

Non-Avian Dinosaurs:  Masiakasaurus (I've been begging for this one for a while now! ;) O:-)), Epidexipteryx, Austroraptor, a big Olorotitan, Thescelosaurus, and maybe a Ceolophysis (surprisingly few of these critters).

Avian-Dinosaurs:  More terror birds/gastornis, Confuciusornis, Hesperornis, pseudo-tooth bird, and a mirihung.

Pterosaurs: Thalassodromeus, Nyctosaurus, Darwinopterus, and Dsungaropterus.

Marine Life: Plotosaurus, Cameroceras, Thalattosaurus, Shastasaurus or Shonisaurus, Basilosaurus, Ambulocetus, and Xiphactinus.

Other Reptiles & Amphibians: Tiktaalik, Sharovipteryx, Poposaurus, Redondasaurus, and Gerrothorax.

Land Mammals: Uintatherium, Thylascomus, Sarkastodon, Synthetoceros, and Sivatherium.

Other Stuff: Anomalocaris and other 'primitive' inverts

I think that about sums it up. ;D

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: