You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

My Collection - An Ongoing Photo Catalog

Started by Thundercharge, March 13, 2012, 03:25:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tylosaurus

That one is awesome, I wonder if there was a similar model of the Monoclonius aka Centrosaurus? Always wanted a Mono xD

Thundercharge

100th post here on the new forum!

Using it to highlight Collecta Deluxe Tyrannosaurus!

Collecta Jobaria added as well. Loving the large scale Collecta figures!  :D

Click sig for my collection! :)

Tylosaurus

Lots of awesomesauce Thundercharge 8) Respect mate!

This one btw your Tapejara:

It reminds me of the Leonopteryx from the movie Avatar xD

Makes me wonder where James Cameron got the idea from :)

Thundercharge

Thank you, Tylo!  ;D
Oh, cool point. I'm sure prehistoric reptiles were the basis for some of the creatures from the film; they just took them and made them that much wilder!

Some Collectas added :)

Tylosaurus

that bird looks like a brutal fragging machine, that was like the T-Rex during the age of Mammals 8)

robustus_

I just have to say that this topic has become a sort of checklist for me, as to which figures I absolutely need to get. Your photos are amazing! You capture the Kaiyodos in detail that I´ve never seen them in.

Metallisuchus

I'm gonna have to remember to use your collection photos as a decision-maker when considering new buys. Thanks a million!

Paleona

Lovely presentation!!  I love how organized and neat everything is.  The "in the wild" diorama pics are my favorite... they all look so natural and truly show off the figures.  Well done~  ^-^

Thundercharge

Thank you all!!  ;D

This has fallen wayyy behind, lol. It would be a daunting task to catch up, but maybe little by little!  ^-^
During my absence I moved and a lot of the stuff ended up packed away. I gotta get back into the groove!

Here's my newest acquisition, Jurassic Hunters Guanlong!

Much more to come. :)

Gwangi

Good to have you back, I was wondering where you were back when we had the diorama contest. It is great to see your beautiful photos again.

Thundercharge

Quote from: Gwangi on January 25, 2013, 10:20:51 PM
Good to have you back, I was wondering where you were back when we had the diorama contest. It is great to see your beautiful photos again.
Thank you, Gwangi! It means very much.  ;D
I'm sorry I missed that contest! I looked over some of the submissions a bit ago, there was some great stuff!

Thundercharge

These are some of my favorite dinosaurs ever, the newest set of Favorite soft models!

I could take pictures of these guys forever.  :))

edit - front page updated with new Favorites.

Simon

Quote from: Thundercharge on March 19, 2012, 03:52:42 PM

Another addition, and a very cool one! It's X-Plus Styracosaurus!

This figure is plain amazing for its dirt cheap price. It's also an awesome size, and makes for such a beautiful display piece all by itself if you have some room to dedicate  ;D

Now if only the Albertosaurus was as easy to find...

In case you didn't know, that Styracosaurus was sculpted by SHINZEN so I would definitely hang on to it!!!

tyrantqueen

I like the X-Plus Styraco a lot but it's too big to fit in with my collection XD

Those kinto models are gorgeous, but I don't like how glossy the paint is ???

stoneage

Quote from: tyrantqueen on January 26, 2013, 08:10:04 AM
I like the X-Plus Styraco a lot but it's too big to fit in with my collection XD

>:D  Why don't you repaint them with dull colors?

tyrantqueen

Quote from: stoneage on January 27, 2013, 03:16:14 AM

I was not talking about brightness of paint, but the glossy finish (varnish) that appears to have been added. There's a difference.
The Ankylosaurus and Styracosaurus both have very dull colour schemes, but are still glossy as though they've been dunked in varnish.

Thundercharge

Quote from: tyrantqueen on January 27, 2013, 10:28:40 AM
Quote from: stoneage on January 27, 2013, 03:16:14 AM

I was not talking about brightness of paint, but the glossy finish (varnish) that appears to have been added. There's a difference.
The Ankylosaurus and Styracosaurus both have very dull colour schemes, but are still glossy as though they've been dunked in varnish.
Comparing it to the first run of Favorite soft models, there is a difference. The first series are definitely "drier". The newer releases have some difference with the paint/finish, and actually one of the first things I noticed when I was opening them up was the smell; they have a paint/varnish smell that's pretty noticeable. I still really like the figures though, the molds themselves are great. :)

Here's another recent arrival, the Deluxe CollectA Stegosaurus!

I'm growing quite the Stegosaurus collection, but this latest addition is one of my favorites! Also one of my new favorites by CollectA. :)

edit - Stegosaurus now added to front page.

Thundercharge

Recently got a huge haul thanks to Dean over at DeJankins, so there will be a few updates here over the next few days or so.  ^-^

First is CollectA Deluxe Neovenator, a pretty cool figure:

tanystropheus

Quote from: Thundercharge on February 05, 2013, 09:43:01 AM
Recently got a huge haul thanks to Dean over at DeJankins, so there will be a few updates here over the next few days or so.  ^-^

First is CollectA Deluxe Neovenator, a pretty cool figure:

Very cool figure.

Seems pensive! --This meme-worthy candidate could probably dethrone philosoraptor  8) ;)

Simon

Actually, if you look at its face, it looks stoned.  Just need to photoshop a joint into its claws...  ^-^

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: