News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Dino Trivia!!!!!!!!

Started by Primeval12, April 18, 2012, 10:30:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Primeval12

In this game I give you five dinosaur related questions and the first person who gets them all corrcet gets to ask five questions of their own.  (For the multiple choice questions you don't have to write the letter just the answer). It's ok to google (or Bing) the answers.

1. Name the two species of Spinosaurus?

2. Name the three dinosaurs that we know the color of?

3. What is the most well-known Dinosaur?

A: Spinosaurus

B: Tyrannosaurus

C: Stegosaurus

D: Triceratops

4. What is the name of the smallest known dinosaur?

5. What kind of dinosaur was venomus?

ITewan

1. aegyptiacus
    maroccanus

2. Sinornithosaurus, Microraptor, sinosauropteryx

3. Tyrannosaurus

4. Epidendrosaurus

5. Sinornithosaurus
im a lil tired and a lil hungry

Primeval12

Nope, you got questions 2 and 3 wrong, but go ahead and give it another shot.

DinoToyForum

It isn't clear what you are asking for Q3. By 'best known' do you mean: 'has the most fossil material'? or 'has been most studied'? or 'is most widely recognised/known by the general public'?  ???

ITewan

I think he means the general public
im a lil tired and a lil hungry

DinoToyForum

Quote from: ITewan on April 20, 2012, 12:00:24 AM
I think he means the general public

But then the answer would be Tyrannosaurus, and he said that's incorrect  :-\

Gryphoceratops

There are technically 4 dinosuars we know colors for.  Sinosauropteryx, microraptor, achiornis and archaeopteryx (one feather).  Also it is known from an edmontosaurus(?) mummy that it had banding pattern on the tail. 

Psittacosaurus is really really well known from hundreds of specimens. 

Himmapaan

Also, claims regarding venomous Sinornithosaurus are highly dubious and have received short shrift by the scientific consensus.

Takama

Quote from: primeval12 on April 18, 2012, 10:30:29 PM
In this game I give you five dinosaur related questions and the first person who gets them all corrcet gets to ask five questions of their own.  (For the multiple choice questions you don't have to write the letter just the answer). It's ok to google (or Bing) the answers.

1. Name the two species of Spinosaurus?

2. Name the three dinosaurs that we know the color of?

3. What is the most well-known Dinosaur?

A: Spinosaurus

B: Tyrannosaurus

C: Stegosaurus

D: Triceratops

5. What kind of dinosaur was venomus?

1: aegyptiacus maroccanus

2:Sinosauropterix Microraptor Achryapterix

3:Im going with Triceratops

4:Epidendrosaurus

5:a hollywood movie lizard invented by Stephan Spielberg

Patrx

Mellisuga helenae, at approximately 5 cm.  8)

Himmapaan

Quote from: Pixelboy on April 20, 2012, 03:14:35 AM
Mellisuga helenae, at approximately 5 cm.  8)
Good answer.  8)

Gryphoceratops

i didn't even see the rest of these.  Yeah sinornithosaurus wasn't venomous.  I know a guy who worked with the specimen.  If you ask him about it having venom he will laugh in ur face. 

SBell

Quote from: Gryphoceratops on April 20, 2012, 03:52:49 PM
i didn't even see the rest of these.  Yeah sinornithosaurus wasn't venomous.  I know a guy who worked with the specimen.  If you ask him about it having venom he will laugh in ur face.

At the very least, the claims of being venomous are indeterminate at best.  Some grooves on the teeth don't in and of themselves mean anything.

So the closest answer might actually be 'toxic dinosaurs' in which case pitohui, ifrita, little shrikethrush, African spur-wing goose and common quail (sometimes). And just so that people don't start complaining at me, I'm just pulling the list from Wikipedia (below). These birds don't produce toxins themselves, but sequester toxins from their food.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toxic_bird

I think someone here is going to learn that overall we are a pedantic lot ;D

Primeval12

From what I herd it was venomus, sorry about that.

SBell

Quote from: primeval12 on April 20, 2012, 10:44:33 PM

never follow the herd, always check your sources! :))

Gryphoceratops

Quote from: primeval12 on April 20, 2012, 10:44:33 PM

Yeah they publish a lot of silly things on the internet. 

Primeval12

Actually i learned it from Planet Dinosaur

Himmapaan

Quote from: primeval12 on April 24, 2012, 01:05:39 AM
Yes, that was one of the few 'huh?' moments in what was otherwise a really excellent series.

SBell

Quote from: Himmapaan on April 24, 2012, 01:08:17 AM
Quote from: primeval12 on April 24, 2012, 01:05:39 AM
Yes, that was one of the few 'huh?' moments in what was otherwise a really excellent series.

I actually just saw that episode for the first time--it probably speaks to the theme that the show is trying to have--showing the cutting edge new discoveries. And apparently forgetting to look up whether those discoveries have been confirmed or supported. Which hearkens back to the original BBC dino series (80 foot Liopleurodon).  Sometimes the producers become excessively credulous to make a better story I guess.

Logo7

Actually, Sinornithosaurs was discovered not to be venomus only after Planet Dinosaur was made. Same with that Lioplureodon too.

P.S I am a new member, so hello.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: