News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Boston Museum of Science -> SAVE CLIFF the Triceratops

Started by 0thebigwytec5, January 14, 2015, 06:42:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Brachiosaurus on July 03, 2015, 10:26:14 PM
Quote from: Derek.McManus on June 14, 2015, 12:58:36 PM
I hope the fund raising for Cliff is going well!

They are keeping him, but even with him the dinosaur area is abysmal, it has only three skeletons, cliff, another triceratops, a model of a compsognathus skeleton, and a skull of Tyranosaurus and giganontosaurus, and the trex model and 2 nyktosaurus models

that's much more than our local museum  ;)

Arul

I support Cliff to stay in the museum go Cliff  :)

Halichoeres

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on July 04, 2015, 06:55:36 AM

They are keeping him, but even with him the dinosaur area is abysmal, it has only three skeletons, cliff, another triceratops, a model of a compsognathus skeleton, and a skull of Tyranosaurus and giganontosaurus, and the trex model and 2 nyktosaurus models

Blade, where you live don't most people think the Devil put dinosaurs here to fool us into believing evolution? ;)
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Halichoeres on July 04, 2015, 03:49:53 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on July 04, 2015, 06:55:36 AM

Blade, where you live don't most people think the Devil put dinosaurs here to fool us into believing evolution? ;)

There are probably a few of those to be sure. I've met a couple creationists and they generally think dinosaurs just died in the flood and weren't saved for reason or the other.

Our local museum focuses more on prehistoric mammals but they even have little of those. They one dino, a poor cast of a Triceratops on loan :

They did have the SUE T-REX exhibit a few years ago and it was PACKED. Everyone that comes here tells me how much more they like the Park because their kids want to see dinosaurs. That makes me happy but also a bit sad that a museum is being ignored.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on July 04, 2015, 06:18:36 PM
There are probably a few of those to be sure. I've met a couple creationists and they generally think dinosaurs just died in the flood and weren't saved for reason or the other.

Ha, there's a lot of people in my family who have that same opinion.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

LophoLeeVT

the eye sockets of the trike blade of the moon posted are ina wrong position
check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: raptor64870 on July 06, 2015, 04:53:24 AM
the eye sockets of the trike blade of the moon posted are ina wrong position

This guy has quite a few issues..I suspect he was more fictional than based on actual material.  :-\

LophoLeeVT

check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!

stargatedalek

Our museum (Halifax Natural History Museum) years ago used to have a section on our local fossils (hylonomus, compsognathus, arthropleura, mostly Precambrian and Carboniferous things). But sadly they were lost when it got a huge renovation a few years ago, most of the things got put back where they were but the marine hall and live gallery got heavily altered and the geology section was practically removed entirely, which sadly included paleontology.

We also had Sue visit a few years ago, that was one of the two event nights (mostly for employees investors etc.) that I've been to, the other was more recent when the permanent Sable Island section opened.

The most disappointing part would have to be the state of the only travelling dinosaur exhibit we've had other than Sue since the renovation, which was a travelling animatronic display that was advertised as "top of the line information, lots of feathers!". It was pitiful to put it nicely, they claimed everything was life sized but they had a protoceratops that must have been ten feet long, and of course its frill was the wrong shape, it had the wrong number of toes on all of its feet, and its upper jaw would have made CollectA cringe! They had one of those Jurassic Park raptor knockoffs with feathers glued crudely to it, and they had a "infant tyrannosaurus had feathers but adults didn't" display where the tyrannosaurus had broken wrists and huge horns, like huge, the Disney carnotaurus would be jealous. Thankfully its moved on and hopefully without bringing much revenue, maybe they will put more of their own research into any future displays rather than contracting it out again.

As a little kid I used to remiss the few dinosaurs in the museum, but looking back it was an incredible display in terms of Carboniferous swamp and marine life.

Halichoeres

Quote from: stargatedalek on July 06, 2015, 02:18:32 PM
Our museum (Halifax Natural History Museum) years ago used to have a section on our local fossils (hylonomus, compsognathus, arthropleura, mostly Precambrian and Carboniferous things). But sadly they were lost when it got a huge renovation a few years ago, most of the things got put back where they were but the marine hall and live gallery got heavily altered and the geology section was practically removed entirely, which sadly included paleontology.

We also had Sue visit a few years ago, that was one of the two event nights (mostly for employees investors etc.) that I've been to, the other was more recent when the permanent Sable Island section opened.

The most disappointing part would have to be the state of the only travelling dinosaur exhibit we've had other than Sue since the renovation, which was a travelling animatronic display that was advertised as "top of the line information, lots of feathers!". It was pitiful to put it nicely, they claimed everything was life sized but they had a protoceratops that must have been ten feet long, and of course its frill was the wrong shape, it had the wrong number of toes on all of its feet, and its upper jaw would have made CollectA cringe! They had one of those Jurassic Park raptor knockoffs with feathers glued crudely to it, and they had a "infant tyrannosaurus had feathers but adults didn't" display where the tyrannosaurus had broken wrists and huge horns, like huge, the Disney carnotaurus would be jealous. Thankfully its moved on and hopefully without bringing much revenue, maybe they will put more of their own research into any future displays rather than contracting it out again.

As a little kid I used to remiss the few dinosaurs in the museum, but looking back it was an incredible display in terms of Carboniferous swamp and marine life.

Does the Halifax museum have researchers on staff? Like actual biologists/geologists/anthropologists/etc.? If not, I'm afraid you'll find that there won't be many people on staff who will agitate for accurate and informative visiting exhibits. In my experience as a quasi-employee of a museum, administrators are only interested in what will sell tickets and attract donations from energy magnates.

stargatedalek

Sadly I don't think there are any geologists or paleontologists on staff, but there are (last I knew which was a few years ago) some biologists, a few of which I know were marine biologists and ornithologists. Its run in large part by volunteers, namely in the live galleries.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: stargatedalek on July 06, 2015, 02:18:32 PM

Oh I know the exhibits of which you speak. In the past few years they have been traveling the country here like old, beaten down carnivals looking for their next cash grab. I've been to two of them lured by the promise of accurate and life size!

I mean we are talking the likes of this:

I know Dinamation is gone, but Kokoro is still making really nice dinosaurs. I've only ever seen a couple of them though. :/

LophoLeeVT

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: raptor64870 on July 07, 2015, 04:50:59 AM
new spezies triceratops gigaceras

lol..I personally think he's compensating for something..  ;) ;D

LophoLeeVT

it is like this
proto: off oof! let me tell you the most riculouse dinosaurus in history
red rex: off off thats me!!!!!!
trike no way look at my own horns i always tripp on them....

LophoLeeVT

LophoLeeVT

Viking Spawn

Halichoeres

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: