You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Max Salas Megafauna models to complete my collection

Started by dinoking, January 23, 2015, 07:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dinoking

Does anyone have the Max Salas  1/35th scale resin Megafauna models from the mid 1990's they would like to sell? I am still looking for the following figures to complete my collection:
                                                                                                                                                          Also the following Sea going reptiles:         
1. Columbian Mammoth                    9. Morophus                        17.Dinornis Giant Moa                   
2. Basilosaurus                                10. Andrewsarchus              18. Aepyornis Elephant Bird           1. Archelon Sea Turtle 
3. Indricotherium (Female)               11. Megistotherium              19. Dromornis                                2. Shonisasaurus (Icthiosaur)
4. Megatherium                                12. Entelodon                      20. Teratornis Vulture                    3. Elasmosaurus
5. Cuvieronius (trunk up)                 13. Platybelodon                  21. Argentavis (Condor)                4. Cymbospondylus
6. Anancus (trunk down)                  14. Elasmotherium               22. Megalania Komodo Dragon      5. Haionisaurus (Mosasaur)
7. Diprotodon                                   15. Estegodon                     23. Stellar Sea Cow (Dudong)        6. Brachachenius (Pliosaur)
8. Eobasileus/unitatherium              16. Deodicurus Armadillo      24. Orca (Killer Whale)                   7. Dunkeleosteus (Placoderm Fish)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Man those are going to be hard to locate..I haven't seen any outside of eBay since Triceratops Hills Ranch days. 

You know I was flipping through some older issues of PT just last night and saw them there again...they are beautiful sculpts.

ProSauropod

Does anyone know of a complete list of Salas figures ?  I've got a few but "don't know what I don't know"  ??? 

dinoking

You are right. They are hard to find. They don't even come up on Ebay that often. I saw that alot of vintage kits have been coming up on Ebay lately and I thought that I would give it a shot and post it here. You never know when someone wants to sell off a collection.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Not an existing list, no.

Yeah that seller looks to be out of new pieces to list now...he did have a few Salas Dinos..but not many mammals it looked like.

dinoking

The last list of Max Salas Figures that I have is from a Link & Pin Newsletter From November 2003. I already listed most of the 1/35 scale Mega Fauna models in my previous  post. Here are the rest of them (the ones that I already have in my collection):

1. Wooly Mammoth (Male)            8. Indricotherium (Male)         Max also made a line of large 1/15 th Scale Megafauna Mammals
2. Wooly Mammoth (Female)        9. Gompotherium                   several years later. Here is the list:
3. Paleoxodon                             10. Brontotherium                   1. American Mastodon
4. Deinotherium                           11.Giant Kangaroo                  2. Anancus                                                                                                            5.Wooly Rhino                             12. Arsinotherium                    3. Bronotherium
6. American Mastodon                 13.Phorroracus (Terror Bird)   4. Arsinotherium
7.Steppe Mammoth                     14. Short-Faced Bear              5. Uintatherium
                                                                                                   6.Hyenodon Pair 

dinoking

Here is the list of Max Salas 1/35 scale Dinos also from the  November 2003 Link & Pin Newsletter:

1. Spinosaurus                     12. Argentinosaurus           23. Pteranodon (Ingens)        34. Centrosaurus
2. Apatosaurus (Male)          13. Diplodcus                      24. Pteranodon (Sterbergi)    35. Styracosaurus
3. Apatosaurus(Female)       14. Epanterias                    25. Ornithocherios                  36. Chasmosaurus
4. Apatosaurus (Baby)          15. Shantungosaurus         26. Tarbosaurus                     37. Zuniceratops
5. Shunosaurus                    16. Anatotitan                     27. T.Rex (Male)                     38. Stegosaurus
6. Camarasaurus                  17. Lambeosaurus              28. T.Rex (Female)                 39. Riojasaurus
7. Cetiosaurus                      18. Iguanodon                    29. Allosaurus                        40. Platosaurus
8. Dicraeosaurus                  19. Corythosaurus              30. Acrocanthosaurus            41. Ankylosaurus                                                                          9. Seismosaurus                   20. Muttaburrasarus           31. Triceratops                       42. Edmontonia                                                                                                                                                 
10.Omeiosaurus                   21. Ourranosaurus              32. Torosaurus                       43. Therizinosaurus
11.Saltasaurus                     22. Quetzalcoatus               33. Pentaceratops                  44. Albertosaurus

dinoking

Max Salas also made several 1/10th scale and 1/20 scale dinos/ Prehistoric Animals for Saurian Studios which were later sold by Link & Pinn Hobbies.
Here are the 1/10 th Scale:                                         Here are the 1/20th Scale:
1. Glyptodon                          9. Ceratosaurus            1. Mosasaurus                                     9. Gigantosaurus
2. Thylacosimlus                                                          2. Megalosaurus                                 10. Carcharodonotsaurus
3. Diatryma                                                                  3. Crylophoaurus
4. Tinornis                                                                    4. Crylophosaurus pair /prey
5. Phorroracus                                                             5. Carnotaurus
6. Several Sabertooth Cats                                         6. T.Rex
7. Goronopsid                                                              7. Spinosaurus
8.Cynogathus and prey                                               8. Epanterias   

Blade-of-the-Moon

he had a great range. i'd love to find the Anatotitan myself now for research materials.

crankydinosaur

I think there's an Orca on eBay right now... Just search "Salas resin" and/or "prehistoric resin." This list is like my dream list of things I want.... Shoulda bought that Brontotherium back when Dan's Dinosaurs still had it.  :(

caspakian

I have been talking to Max via facebook lately. He still has the molds to a chunk of his models, but quit casting them because sales had lagged. He also has some of his 1/15 megafauna mammals available. I recently bought a 1/15 brontotherium model from him. It just arrived today and looks great.

caspakian

I do have one or two extra pieces that I would be more than willing to trade for ones that I don't have yet. Thanks

caspakian

I just bought a dunkleosteous, an archelon and a stellar sea cow directly from Max less than a month ago.

caspakian

PM me if you want to talk about trading or want to find out how to order directly from Max. My grails that I am still looking for are the Omeisaurus pair, the female Indricotherium, the cetiosaurus, the closed mouthed (female?) Apatosaurus, and the Diplodocus.

dinoking

I don't have any of his models that I want to trade but I am still interested in buying some of the ones that I missed out on years ago. I am most interested in getting the remainder of his prehistoric elephants and a few other of the early mammals first . I will send you a PM on how to contact Max ,directly.

Thanks

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.