News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

REBOR general discussion

Started by Shadowknight1, February 01, 2015, 07:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Takama

Quote from: stargatedalek on June 25, 2015, 11:14:44 PM
I should think PVC is a lot more durable than polyresin, and personally I'm very glad it will be done in PVC.

Yes PVC is More Durable.    Drop a PVC item it will still be intact.    DRop a Resin item, and it will break

postsaurischian

Quote from: Shonisaurus on June 25, 2015, 11:11:54 PM
But unfortunately the dimorphodon is made of PVC material and its base is polyresina. So I suppose it's sensible to tears by a mere fall.

Unfortunately it is a beautiful figure but has such a negative thing.

Oh man ... . To preserve the model against breaking IS the reason why they are using PVC.

I stopped following this thread a while ago, I couldn't stand it anymore.
I was just looking for new REBOR pictures (I'm not using facebook). After reading some posts I know that I should have kept on this :P.

John

I looked up Rebor's Facebook page and found that the Dimorphodon macronyx will be 1/6 scale.They say that they sculpted the prototype over a 3d printed skeleton model for accuracy.That would explain why the proportions seem so spot on.I'm hoping that they do this with Psittacosaurus too. :)
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: John on June 26, 2015, 08:36:55 AM
I looked up Rebor's Facebook page and found that the Dimorphodon macronyx will be 1/6 scale.They say that they sculpted the prototype over a 3d printed skeleton model for accuracy.That would explain why the proportions seem so spot on.I'm hoping that they do this with Psittacosaurus too. :)

So at 1/6 it will be around 6.5" long? That's about exactly the same size as the WS one.  Buzzkill. I was hoping for around 1/3 or so.

Arul

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on June 26, 2015, 09:16:06 AM
Quote from: John on June 26, 2015, 08:36:55 AM

So at 1/6 it will be around 6.5" long? That's about exactly the same size as the WS one.  Buzzkill. I was hoping for around 1/3 or so.

Wow sounds good for me, i love small and detail figure  :D

Shonisaurus

For my part I will certainly buy the dimorphodon of Rebor. No need to wait to see it in detail and painting.

I think it may even exceed that of the Safari brand. Time to time.

pascosaur

Arul

Base for the acro, the wasteland...

Shadowknight1

As I said on Facebook, the base LOOKS decent.  But that's the wrong style.  Acrocanthosaurus was found in Oklahoma.  As an Oklahoma native, I can vouch for the fact that there are very few "wasteland" areas.  It should've been a grassy plain or something.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Arul

Yes waiting for rebor answer  :)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Maybe it's more of a dried up lake or riverbed?

DinoLord

Quote from: Shadowknight1 on June 26, 2015, 05:53:32 PM
As I said on Facebook, the base LOOKS decent.  But that's the wrong style.  Acrocanthosaurus was found in Oklahoma.  As an Oklahoma native, I can vouch for the fact that there are very few "wasteland" areas.  It should've been a grassy plain or something.

Climates tend to change quite a bit over millions of years. ;)

stargatedalek

It looks more like a lake bed than a wasteland to me ;)

Yutyrannus

It is known from Montana and Texas as well, though. Besides, in both Oklahoma and Texas, the environment it lived in was a large floodplain that drained into a shallow inland sea. Also, there was no grass.

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

Shadowknight1

Quote from: Yutyrannus on June 26, 2015, 07:00:46 PM
It is known from Montana and Texas as well, though. Besides, in both Oklahoma and Texas, the environment it lived in was a large floodplain that drained into a shallow inland sea. Also, there was no grass.
I keep forgetting that grass is a relatively modern plant. :-[
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Now that may not be entirely true...I recall reading last year I think that they had found some grasses in Cretaceous deposits?

Dobber

I think the base looks fine....a little boring, yes, but still fine. Besides, it gives a good variety to the different environments these animals lived in, and like others said, it looks like a dried out lake or river bed. Not every base can be like the Ceratosaurus's base  ;). Plus we still get the neato prey.  ^-^

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

Shonisaurus

Certainly in the Mesozoic era they did not exist as in the Cenozoic herbaceous mass.

At least that's what they say in the BBC series "Walking with Beast" in its third chapter, dedicated practically the "purported" Indricotherium life. I've been surfing the internet and I have not found anything. Is what they say scientist or a hoax?

If this is not strange that Rebor chosen an inhospitable land for the fabulous Acrocanthosaurus. Indeed we are almost to the month and the company said it would release on that date the figure of Hercules fully completed. I suppose they will wait for the last day. The wait is killing me. Probably in September in almost all online shops that figure is for sale.

Gwangi

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on June 26, 2015, 09:17:33 PM
Now that may not be entirely true...I recall reading last year I think that they had found some grasses in Cretaceous deposits?

I don't remember the exact details but yes, I recall reading the same. There were grasses at least in the late Cretaceous.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Gwangi on June 26, 2015, 09:42:26 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on June 26, 2015, 09:17:33 PM

I don't remember the exact details but yes, I recall reading the same. There were grasses at least in the late Cretaceous.

From what I gather by your words that exist in the grass and the Cretaceous what was in the BBC series "Walking with Beasts" is science fiction. You could not expect anything else.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: