News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

REBOR general discussion

Started by Shadowknight1, February 01, 2015, 07:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

triceratops83

I pre-ordered Jolly the Triceratops from Minizoo, and even though I offered to make a payment, store owner Jason declined. I usually like to pay beforehand, just because I feel it is the polite thing to do. I do understand though that stock might be delayed in the interim.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Shadowknight1

So I've been trying to find a good picture showing the REBOR T. rex compared to Papo's running T. rex to see how they scale against each other.  Mainly because I'd like to replace my standing Papo with something a little less...tripod-y, for lack of a better word.  Are there any pictures or anything to show how they stand next to each other?
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

kreativtek

Quote from: Shadowknight1 on February 14, 2015, 02:18:02 AM
So I've been trying to find a good picture showing the REBOR T. rex compared to Papo's running T. rex to see how they scale against each other.  Mainly because I'd like to replace my standing Papo with something a little less...tripod-y, for lack of a better word.  Are there any pictures or anything to show how they stand next to each other?

Yes. Such picture has been posted here on Dino Toy Blog in the review of the King T-rex.

Click!

redman

Hello Rebor, can you also try a Concavenator or a Gorgosaurus? I'am sure that they will sell pretty well, i will surely buy them if they will look as good as the T-rex or the Ceratosaurus.

Shadowknight1

Quote from: kreativtek on February 14, 2015, 08:09:34 AM
Quote from: Shadowknight1 on February 14, 2015, 02:18:02 AM

Yes. Such picture has been posted here on Dino Toy Blog in the review of the King T-rex.

Click!
Ooo, they do look fairly good together.  Tempting...

Appalachiosaurus

QuoteWe are planning a entirely new line called "REBOR Oddities", it will be the gathering of collectibles that related to fossils, specimens, fetus and other unusual elements; real glass, brass, wood and even liquid will be used to decorate these extraordinary models to create vintage feelings, then a little touch of modern technology will be applied such as LED lights or even USB cables!

This product line is still at the planning stage and we have no idea of what we can actually create, although the first product could related to this 1:50 Tylosaurus proriger fossil replica (yes, the one on the poster is a 1:50 prototype sculpture), which is inspired by one of the most famous and complete Mosasaur specimen. Anyway, we will show you something amazing, in time.

We will offer the most crazy ideas, most exquisite concept arts, most unique designs and most bizarre products to fans and collectors. Welcome to REBOR Carnival and it's time for the FREAKSHOW!

Now that's what I want! Rebor didn't impress me with more super expensive monsters ripped right out of JP, but this is something new, something never done before! I am preparing my wallet right this second!

tanystropheus

They only made one JP model....but, yeah, the Oddities line is def something that I will look forward to....

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: tanystropheus on February 15, 2015, 03:07:42 AM
They only made one JP model....but, yeah, the Oddities line is def something that I will look forward to....

It could be debated the Utahraptor has a JP origin but I'll leave it at that.

Shadowknight1

Wonder what the odds are of the greyscale teaser of Acrocanthosaurus coming up this month?

Everything_Dinosaur

The Rebor "Jolly" Hatching Triceratops replica (limited edition) and the Rebor "Wind Hunter" replicas have now arrived at Everything Dinosaur.

You can see them here: Rebor Replicas

We have a big reserve list and we have spent the afternoon sorting out those customers who requested one or both of these replicas reserving for them.  We should have a few "Jolly" and "Wind Hunters" available to discerning Forum members.

Don't forget if outside the European Union, you don't pay the sales tax (20%) on any product ordered from Everything Dinosaur.  We are VAT registered so customers outside the EU are VAT tax exempt.  For further information and pics check out Everything Dinosaur on Facebook we will post up pics and further information shortly.

ladyferry

Toffen

My order from ED was sent from UK this morning :) So exited to finally get my hands on the Utahraptor and "Jolly" from Rebor. Happy times :)

Shadowknight1

Can't wait for mine to come in from Big Bad Toy Store. ;D

ItsTwentyBelow

I want to say that I am really becoming interested by this company! I really think Rebor is hitting its stride with the Ceratosaurus, and I can't wait for the chance to have it grace my desk. Awesome model and base. I like the Utahraptor as well. Inaccuracies aside, it works well as "Wind Hunter". I really like the presentation of each boxed and padded figure, too.

I also want to say that at times I am astonished by this place. Too many people seem to LIVE on this forum, and insist in getting into silly little debates that really, who cares about?? As others have said, you like Rebor, you buy 'em. You don't like 'em, don't buy 'em and leave it be! Anything else is borderline pompous. A talented and original new studio decides to share their wares with us, and everybody proceeds to dismember them in an effort to get their little typed-out thoughts seen.

Toffen

Quote from: ItsTwentyBelow on February 20, 2015, 06:00:24 AM
I want to say that I am really becoming interested by this company! I really think Rebor is hitting its stride with the Ceratosaurus, and I can't wait for the chance to have it grace my desk. Awesome model and base. I like the Utahraptor as well. Inaccuracies aside, it works well as "Wind Hunter". I really like the presentation of each boxed and padded figure, too.

I also want to say that at times I am astonished by this place. Too many people seem to LIVE on this forum, and insist in getting into silly little debates that really, who cares about?? As others have said, you like Rebor, you buy 'em. You don't like 'em, don't buy 'em and leave it be! Anything else is borderline pompous. A talented and original new studio decides to share their wares with us, and everybody proceeds to dismember them in an effort to get their little typed-out thoughts seen.

I couldn't agree with you more! Very well written.

sauroid

i really hope that Rebor didnt decide to leave this forum for good...
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Blade-of-the-Moon

The essence of the internet and forums that dwell here..for the most part at any rate.

Quote from: sauroid on February 20, 2015, 08:40:48 AM

Not that I'm aware. I'm sure they'll show up again when the Acro is ready to be shown or they have another new piece.  If not just follow them on FB.

postsaurischian

I totally agree!

I could understand if they did. Even I can hardly stand the constant nagging of some of our "overeducated members".

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: postsaurischian on February 20, 2015, 09:26:51 AM

I totally agree!

I could understand if they did. Even I can hardly stand the constant nagging of some of our "overeducated members".

It's something you have to learn to live with in the end. Freedom of speech and all that. Doesn't matter if it's you, me, or the odd guy down the street that yells at trees. If they work a computer with internet capabilities they can join a forum and have an opinion. Just the way it is you know?

postsaurischian

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 20, 2015, 09:34:16 AM
It's something you have to learn to live with in the end. Freedom of speech and all that. Doesn't matter if it's you, me, or the odd guy down the street that yells at trees. If they work a computer with internet capabilities they can join a forum and have an opinion. Just the way it is you know?

::)  Tell me about it!

You should still consider if the nagging is counterproductive (which it is) and therefore bad for our forum.
Freedom of speech is very important (Edward Snowden says Hello!), taking care of others' feelings also is.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: