News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

REBOR general discussion

Started by Shadowknight1, February 01, 2015, 07:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DinoG

Run!

Arul

What is rebor mean ? Honestly i dont get it..

Takama

tyrantqueen

They couldn't use Reborn because that name is already taken by creepy dolls.

Takama

Quote from: tyrantqueen on January 12, 2016, 01:54:10 AM

That explains why i see a bunch of creepy dolls when i try to search Rebor Items on Amazon

tanystropheus

Quote from: Arul on January 11, 2016, 10:45:38 PM

I think it is the past present perfect participle of the word, "rebirth".

MLMjp

I don´know if any of you guys have noticed it, but I think Rebor is making a mistake saying that their dinosaurs are in 1/35 scale.

Although I don't own any Rebor product there are some that I´m very interested. Since I am one of those "scale people" if you want to call it like that, scale is very importan for me, so I wanted to know how big their dinosaurs really were.

I watched JurassicCollectables videos of Rebor´s dinosaurs and I take the measurements that he shown in the reviews, since you have to take in to account curved necks and body I added to those measurements a few more centimeters based on how much curved the neck or tails were to get an approximation of what the figure´s measurements are with straight necks and tail. I have made this with Yutyrannus, T.rex, Utahraptor, Ceratosaurus and Acrocanthosaurus, and what I got.........

They are more or less like 1/30. Also, if you don't use the max size for Utahraptor (7m) you will get an even bigger scale. And don´t mention the Ceratosaurus. Rebor said that the largest estimates for C.dentisulcatus are 8 meters, if you use those measurements then the Ceratosaurus is in 1/30. But I believe that the largest estimates for C. dentisulcatus are 7m, so that means you are left with a bigger Ceratosaurus. With Tyrannosaurus you will probably have to use Sue´s length (12,3m)and Yutyrannus is the only one that you can use the regular lenght (9m) The Acrocanthosaurs can use something between the lower and higher length estimate (11-12m).

So what do you think guys?

Anyone wanna try to confirm what I said?

Should somebody tell Rebor about this?

DinoLord

Quote from: MLMjp on January 12, 2016, 02:56:41 PM
...since you have to take in to account curved necks and body I added to those measurements a few more centimeters based on how much curved the neck or tails were to get an approximation of what the figure´s measurements are with straight necks and tail.

I think that's why you may be getting odd results - making assumptions on curvature lengths, etc. can lead to some pretty substantial differences in calculated scale depending on small differences in your assumptions. However I do find it interesting that you came up with a consistent 1/30 scale for the various figures. If you really want to gauge the scale of these figures, it would probably be best to either have the figures in hand to do your own measurements, or get measurements of the head and scale that to known skull specimens.

MLMjp

Quote from: DinoLord on January 12, 2016, 05:05:41 PM
Quote from: MLMjp on January 12, 2016, 02:56:41 PM
...since you have to take in to account curved necks and body I added to those measurements a few more centimeters based on how much curved the neck or tails were to get an approximation of what the figure´s measurements are with straight necks and tail.

I think that's why you may be getting odd results - making assumptions on curvature lengths, etc. can lead to some pretty substantial differences in calculated scale depending on small differences in your assumptions. However I do find it interesting that you came up with a consistent 1/30 scale for the various figures. If you really want to gauge the scale of these figures, it would probably be best to either have the figures in hand to do your own measurements, or get measurements of the head and scale that to known skull specimens.

When I said a "few more" i mean less than 2 usually
Besides there are some whoose necks and tail are almost no flexed like the Utahraptor so sometimes it will be less than 1cm, but even if you dont count that I still think that is bigger than 1/35

Halichoeres

I think MLMjp is right. I don't own any Rebor figures, but in comparison shots between their T rex and the Papo running rex, the Rebor looks substantially larger. I used to own the running rex, and by my measurements (tailor's measuring tape) it was about 1:35. Then again, I find that the majority of figures that come with an "official" scale are larger than the scale the manufacturer gives. Schleich's Replicasaurus line, Battat, and, most egregiously, CollectA's deluxe line are usually larger than 1:40.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Arul

Quote from: tanystropheus on January 12, 2016, 03:57:08 AM

I think it is the past present perfect participle of the word, "rebirth".

Quote from: Takama on January 12, 2016, 01:18:03 AM

REBORN

Quote from: Takama on January 12, 2016, 01:56:30 AM
Quote from: tyrantqueen on January 12, 2016, 01:54:10 AM

That explains why i see a bunch of creepy dolls when i try to search Rebor Items on Amazon

Ahh no no no... im sorry i mean what is rebor last post means ? On the FB, or just like Viking Spawn post here

Sim

Quote from: Arul on January 13, 2016, 12:16:59 AM
Ahh no no no... im sorry i mean what is rebor last post means ? On the FB, or just like Viking Spawn post here

Hi Arul, you want to replace "is" with "does".  :)

Halichoeres

Quote from: Arul on January 13, 2016, 12:16:59 AM

I think it's a mystery to all of us!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Arul

Well at least we will have 5 figures in 2016 :D

Thank you Sim i have to learn more  :P bad grammar, bad grammar !

Takama

I think those Little Raptors eggs are The Deinonychus Pack that supposed to accompany the dead Tenotosaurus.

Just my guess

Viking Spawn

MLMjp

The Tenontosaurus corpse definitely. I already compared it with the black and white photo and I already now where is that located.

This means (hopefully ::)) That their next release is going to be something already confirmed and not another of their excessive surprises :)

Looking forward to see the rest..... But wait!! I don´t even have the Acro :'( :'(

Viking Spawn

Quote from: MLMjp on January 15, 2016, 08:01:57 PM
The Tenontosaurus corpse definitely. I already compared it with the black and white photo and I already now where is that located.

This means (hopefully ::)) That their next release is going to be something already confirmed and not another of their excessive surprises :)

Looking forward to see the rest..... But wait!! I don´t even have the Acro :'( :'(

Thanks for the confirmation.  I hope they make a living one someday.

As for surprises...  I still want their Allosaurus! 

Rain

So it looks like they're copying paint schemes... weird
Blue
Charlie
Delta
Echo
Original
Male
Female
Papo
Rebor
Note that this is only my interpertation of what the letters stand for

Saurox

I'm looking forward to their king trident.

I also hope they perhaps do something similar to the king rex/ fallen queen diorama with an Allosaurus and stegosaurus.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: