News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

REBOR general discussion

Started by Shadowknight1, February 01, 2015, 07:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sim

Quote from: stargatedalek on January 22, 2016, 10:15:27 PM
Honestly yes it's pretty pointless, I just don't think anything has happened in the 2016 thread to merit saving it in any form at all. I say either contact the OP for that thread or delete it outright, less confusion than merging.

I don't think we've had any 2016 Battats yet, IIRC the last wave was spotted just before Christmas. There's also been no word from them regarding release dates so until we get word from Target or someone finds them I think it would be best to stick with the 2015 (if one exists?) thread or the general ones (as Battat also has two general threads both of which I've seen used interchangeably).

I think the Battat Terra Stegosaurus, Parasaurolophus and Euoplocephalus can be seen as 2016 releases.  They all started being sold in December 2015, but only in a small number of Targets.  Most people have only started finding them in their Targets this month, and I get the impression a number of forum members still haven't found them in their Targets yet.  Also, for comparison, the months Safari's 2016 prehistoric figures were released in:  Plesiosuchus: November 2015.  Iguanodon, Masiakasaurus, Shunosaurus, Carcharodontosaurus: December 2015.

The Battat new for 2014/2015 threads were used for the new Battat dinosaur sculpts that had been expected to be released that year, even if that didn't happen (Gigantoraptor and Gastonia weren't released in 2014 or 2015, and Pentaceratops, Europasaurus and Nasutoceratops weren't released in 2015).  The repainted re-issues that were released in 2015 didn't get added to the "Battat new for 2015" thread, despite repaints of non-retired figures getting listed with new sculpts in the "new for..." threads for other companies (e.g. Papo).  I think new repaints should get listed along with new sculpts, as has been done in the "Papo new for 2016" thread.  However, the Battat repainted re-issues didn't ever get listed in a "Battat new for..." thread, instead they've just been discussed in the Battat re-issue thread and this has worked out fine.  I wasn't thinking a "Battat new for 2016" thread should be made just for repainted re-issues, since we have the Battat re-issue thread.  My point is a "new for 2016" thread may not be worthwile having for Battat, and for different reasons the same might be true for Rebor.  I'm just clarifying at this point, since the "Rebor new for 2016" thread has been dealt with.

Battat only has one general thread as far as I've seen - "The Battat Dynasty".  If the other thread you're referring to is the Battat re-issue thread, that's just for the re-issues and the two threads should stay separate as they have different purposes and discussions.

Saurox

Has anyone else found the ankle part of their Utahraptor is quite weak?

Viking Spawn

Quote from: masakira on January 25, 2016, 03:28:10 AM

Unfortunately, that appears to be a common problem for most collectors.  I've been lucky so far and have had no issues..... Yet.

Victoria's Cantina

Quote from: masakira on January 25, 2016, 03:28:10 AM

I ended up sending back my Utahraptor because of not only that, but also one of the arms kept falling out. I'd like to get it again sometime in the future, but yes, the rubbery legs certainly does seem to be an issue.

Speaking of which, I wonder if Rebor will start packing in the rod that comes with Judy with the Utahraptor. Unlikely, but if they did fix that, I would buy it again no question.

Saurox

I too found that the arms snapped as I carefully tried to put them in. I've just repaired them and it's a lot more sturdy now. It's probably my favorite Rebor that I own (The King Rex is in the post), it's just a shame that it is so hollow. In terms of detail rebor are exceptional, in terms of durablity, stability and sturdiness (couple with amazing detail)it has to be a controversial little french company.

Victoria's Cantina

Quote from: masakira on January 25, 2016, 08:28:52 AM
I too found that the arms snapped as I carefully tried to put them in. I've just repaired them and it's a lot more sturdy now. It's probably my favorite Rebor that I own (The King Rex is in the post), it's just a shame that it is so hollow. In terms of detail rebor are exceptional, in terms of durablity, stability and sturdiness (couple with amazing detail)it has to be a controversial little french company.

Definitely agree with you there. I have my Rebor stuff on my top shelf. I seldom touch them or move them around out of fear that I will have difficulty positioning them the same way again. When I dust, I try to dust around them. With my Papo dinosaurs located a couple shelves below, I am comfortable grabbing them and moving them around whenever I want because I know they're sturdy and won't have issues with stability (other than the green running T-Rex).

Viking Spawn

Victoria's Cantina

Viking Spawn

Takama

Ok guys is there anyway we can list the animals that have been confirmed from rebor and released.

So far

Yutyrannus

Tyrannosaurus

Utahraptor

Ceratosaurus

Acrocanthosaurus

Dimorphodon

Compsognathus

Psitacosaurus?

Triceratops

Deinonychus

Brachiosaurus

Allosaurus

Now I am not interested in any of the club selection models or dead  creatures.  Is there anything I missed in that list?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Tylosaurus/fossil  and Quetzalcoatlus ?

Takama

Victoria's Cantina

Quote from: Takama on February 05, 2016, 07:26:31 AM
Ok guys is there anyway we can list the animals that have been confirmed from rebor and released.

So far

Yutyrannus

Tyrannosaurus

Utahraptor

Ceratosaurus

Acrocanthosaurus

Dimorphodon

Compsognathus

Psitacosaurus?

Triceratops

Deinonychus

Brachiosaurus

Allosaurus

Now I am not interested in any of the club selection models or dead  creatures.  Is there anything I missed in that list?

I think Stegosaurus was mentioned at some point. And of course, there are the egg nests, the raptor mystery boxes, and the 1/35 baby dinos.

MLMjp

I made a list some weeks ago on the "What would you like to see from REBOR in 2016?" Thread

http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=3650.msg125260#msg125260

Viking Spawn

I 'm not sure what all confirmation you mean other than what Rebor discussed....  But they also discussed a mosasaur too.

Sim

Rebor did say they were planning to do a Psittacosaurus.  They also said they were planning to do "Protoceratops VS Velociraptors" in Reply #659 of this thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=3099.msg96829;topicseen#msg96829

Given the presence of Protoceratops, I'd expect the Velociraptor to represent the real animal rather than the Jurassic Park franchise characters.  If they made the set consist of good, accurate figures of both Protoceratops and Velociraptor, both not permanently attached to each other, and neither wounded so they can be very versatile figures, it would be very unlikely I wouldn't get them, and I imagine they would satisfy a lot of other people as well.

Papo's new Velociraptor figure looks mostly decent.  Unfortunately, its head doesn't look like a Velociraptor head.  So if Rebor wants to make a better Velociraptor figure than Papo's new one, the only thing that could make theirs much better than Papo's is an accurate head.

Viking Spawn

I completely forgot about that one....  That will make for another interesting diorama.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Takama on February 05, 2016, 08:57:29 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 05, 2016, 08:38:36 AM

I said no Dead ones

No..you said you weren't interested in dead ones.

Also the Quetz is a" living" one I guess and the Mosasaur may or may not be hence my " / " there.

Honestly Rebor has mentioned an awful lot that is just that,  a mention.  Not much substantial.

Victoria's Cantina

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 05, 2016, 06:35:42 PM
Quote from: Takama on February 05, 2016, 08:57:29 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 05, 2016, 08:38:36 AM

I said no Dead ones

No..you said you weren't interested in dead ones.

Also the Quetz is a" living" one I guess and the Mosasaur may or may not be hence my " / " there.

Honestly Rebor has mentioned an awful lot that is just that,  a mention.  Not much substantial.

Right. Many companies have all sorts of stuff in their plans or in various stages of development at any given time. Some things simply don't see fruition.

Takama

Well that Compy like thing has gotten me interested in this line.   And i just hope we can get a variety of species. and not the same ones repeated(unless theres a good reason for it.)

I hope they will still make a Winter version of the Yutyrannus, as i have no interest in the Current one.   Also What are the odds that they make a Queen T.Rex that stands freely? (i have no intention on getting the current one because of the ridiculousnus of them makeing the base come seperate when it should have been included in the first place.

Really Im only interested in the Animals.   I wish to get the Acrocanthosaurus, Ceratosaurus, Dimorphodon Male, Utahraptor, and the compy like thing.

Like i said, i hope we can get a vast aray of Genera, and not just BADASS THEROPODS. That Compy is a start

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: