News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

REBOR general discussion

Started by Shadowknight1, February 01, 2015, 07:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arul

Hmm protoceratops vs velociraptor, interesting. I hope they will not sold separately

Takama

Quote from: Arul on February 08, 2016, 04:14:11 PM
Hmm protoceratops vs velociraptor, interesting. I hope they will not sold separately

Personally i hope they are.   Because it will likely be packed with something that i have no interest in(like the bases that come with each and every one of them)

Megalosaurus

Quote from: Takama on February 09, 2016, 11:50:27 PM
Personally i hope they are.   Because it will likely be packed with something that i have no interest in.

If they are models of living animals I hope they are sold separated. But if they are the fighting dinosaur fossil replica, I'd like both of them to be togueter in one package only.
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

Takama

Quote from: Megalosaurus on February 10, 2016, 12:55:58 AM
Quote from: Takama on February 09, 2016, 11:50:27 PM
Personally i hope they are.   Because it will likely be packed with something that i have no interest in.

If they are models of living animals I hope they are sold separated. But if they are the fighting dinosaur fossil replica, I'd like both of them to be togueter in one package only.

THIS

Arul

Hahaha you right well i hope no one get killed in that future model (proto vs velo)

Victoria's Cantina

Weren't there fossils found of a protoceratops and velociraptor locked in battle? I may be confusing my species, but if there were such a thing, it's possible that could be their source of inspiration. Personally I think it sounds cool.

Tim

You're right.  Specifically, I think the Velo was found holding the Proto skull.

amargasaurus cazaui

The fossil  was a Protoceratops and Velociraptor...the Protoceratops had his beak gripped tightly on the raptor, and the raptor has its claw buried in the Protoceratops chest or stomach area....so neither could escape the other.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Sim

The "Fighting Dinosaurs" fossil preserves a Velociraptor mongoliensis and Protoceratops andrewsi in combat.  You can see a good photo of it on the Velociraptor Wikipedia page, under the "Predatory behavior" section.

I think it's among the most amazing fossils ever, not only are two different species preserved so completely, but their behaviour has also been fossilised!  The beak of the Protoceratops is clamped down on the right forelimb of the Velociraptor, while the Velociraptor's left sickle claw is apparently embedded in the throat of the Protoceratops.

Some companies have made models based on that fossil.  Sideshow's has the animals still alive.  Nakasato's represents a fossil: http://www.dino-nakasato.jp/shopdetail/000000000147/ct14/page1/recommend/

As I mentioned earlier, I would like good, accurate figures of Velociraptor and Protoceratops that can be displayed together, but that can also just be excellent figures of the two animals that can work on their own.  I'm not interested in a pair locked in combat.  If I was, I'd get that Nakasato figure.  I'd like the Velo and Proto to be more like the ones in this image, with slightly different poses and different colour schemes: http://dinopedia.wikia.com/wiki/File:Velociraptor_Vs_Protoceratops.jpg

I've seen a lot of other forum members wanting good, accurate figures of Velociraptor and Protoceratops, so I think Rebor has an opportunity to satisfy a lot of people...

Takama

Quote from: Sim on February 10, 2016, 01:50:06 PM
The "Fighting Dinosaurs" fossil preserves a Velociraptor mongoliensis and Protoceratops andrewsi in combat.  You can see a good photo of it on the Velociraptor Wikipedia page, under the "Predatory behavior" section.

I think it's among the most amazing fossils ever, not only are two different species preserved so completely, but their behaviour has also been fossilised!  The beak of the Protoceratops is clamped down on the right forelimb of the Velociraptor, while the Velociraptor's left sickle claw is apparently embedded in the throat of the Protoceratops.

Some companies have made models based on that fossil.  Sideshow's has the animals still alive.  Nakasato's represents a fossil: http://www.dino-nakasato.jp/shopdetail/000000000147/ct14/page1/recommend/

As I mentioned earlier, I would like good, accurate figures of Velociraptor and Protoceratops that can be displayed together, but that can also just be excellent figures of the two animals that can work on their own.  I'm not interested in a pair locked in combat.  If I was, I'd get that Nakasato figure.  I'd like the Velo and Proto to be more like the ones in this image, with slightly different poses and different colour schemes: http://dinopedia.wikia.com/wiki/File:Velociraptor_Vs_Protoceratops.jpg

I've seen a lot of other forum members wanting good, accurate figures of Velociraptor and Protoceratops, so I think Rebor has an opportunity to satisfy a lot of people...

Lets just hope they dont miss it by giving us some JP Ripoff similar to the T.Rex

Arul

Yes... But im okay if rebor inspired by sideshow for this project :D

Blade-of-the-Moon

A quick note, though I like it the Sideshow Velociraptor VS Protoceratops is one of lesser liked pieces.

stargatedalek

Wouldn't it be really neat if they were inter-lockable but not fused?! Although I can really only see that working well for the Protoceratops unless the Velociraptor had an alternate platform to rest on.

Victoria's Cantina

All very fascinating stuff... thanks for jogging my memory and enlightening me, guys. No matter what they do with these two species, I'm sure they will look great. I truly hope the velociraptor is nicely feathered and maybe even a bit colorful.

Sim

Quote from: Arul on February 11, 2016, 01:48:49 AM
Yes... But im okay if rebor inspired by sideshow for this project :D

I actually think if Rebor wants to, they can do better than Sideshow did.  The Sideshow Velociraptor vs Protoceratops is definitely a very good model, but there are some things I don't like about it.  For example the Velociraptor having a featherless head.  This has got really tiresome...  I don't want a feather crest on it, I just want the head to be feathered up to the snout at least.

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 11, 2016, 02:48:48 AM
A quick note, though I like it the Sideshow Velociraptor VS Protoceratops is one of lesser liked pieces.

All the more reason to have the two animals confronting each other similar to that image on Dinopedia I linked to in my previous post ^-^

DinoToyForum

I created a new sub-board for Rebor threads. Thanks to Joosa for keeping the threads up to date as new models are announced/released.  C:-)

Tim

Anyone else concerned with the future of the main 1:35 line?  It has been four months since we have seen or heard about anything new for it, outside of the gut wound to the dead Tenontosaurus.

Takama

Im more excited for the 1:6 line, it gives us species that most company's seem to ignore. Like a Compy.

Though i do hope that they could give us more feathered species like a Kaahn

empire3569

Quote from: Tim on February 14, 2016, 01:58:56 PM
Anyone else concerned with the future of the main 1:35 line?  It has been four months since we have seen or heard about anything new for it, outside of the gut wound to the dead Tenontosaurus.

Agreed, I wish they would focus on the 1:35 line instead of jumping around to all these other projects like the blind bag raptors and baby dinos. I would like to see at least 4 releases from the main line this year. We got four last year (if you count the Fallen Queen)

Dilopho

If they're making this, maybe they will be fused together, like the actual fossil.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: