News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

REBOR general discussion

Started by Shadowknight1, February 01, 2015, 07:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sim

Quote from: Erwinonychus on February 26, 2016, 08:27:17 PM
They just announced a carnotaurus in september!!!  :P and the 1:35 magnets (which will be sold together) in summer

You phrased it in such a positive way, I wasn't expecting to find that information in such a negative post: https://www.facebook.com/reborstudio/photos/a.555150811278598.1073741827.555146104612402/817656001694743/?type=3&theater

[MOD NOTE: Strong language on the other end of that link.]

I thought they had potential to make some decent prehistoric animal figures despite having constantly made theirs anatomically incorrect on purpose, with a tendency to make them monstrous and even plagiarising other people's work (as seen in their blind bag Velociraptor babies).

Now though, the disgraceful, harmful, nasty things Rebor has been saying yet again leaves me not caring about this company at all.  I have been surprised by their recent nasty posts.  Thinking back about the nasty things they said about Doug Watson's work though, which was just rude, nasty, incorrect and completely unnecessary, these recent posts by Rebor aren't so surprising.  It looks like they haven't changed.

Blade-of-the-Moon

All morals aside this is a great tactic for them. I'm sure their page views are sky-rocketing. ;)

stargatedalek

QuoteI legitimately thought you'd managed to grow up after the various incidents in the past. After targeting the Dinosaur Toy Blog to send legions of fans to attack other products, and even attacking and insulting members of the blogs site and employees of other companies it really did seem as though you were making big strides to improve public relations.

Even your products were improving. The Dimorphodon pair was new territory for REBOR and even though they aren't perfect they are the best on the market. I was planning on purchasing them along with the Jurassic Park styled Compsognathus when it came out. I was excited to learn what the future would hold and I was proud to be a part of what seemed to be a great change in your company.

But this is frankly a pathetic way to respond to hecklers. Sure some people don't like your products, that's something that every company large or small has to deal with. Safari ltd., CollectA, Battat, Hasbro, Papo, and even Schleich (who has been recognized for shady business practices before) would never outright attack potential consumers. It's a bold and edgy move sure but it's not one that's going to give you any competitive edge. You're selling models, not muscle cars or voyeur calendars, edgy isn't going to sell any more models than you're already selling.

But that isn't why this is pathetic. This is pathetic because it's nothing but an attention grab. You could just delete Facebook comments from haters but instead you are using them to rally attention for yourselves. This is the kind of thing schoolyard bullies do, not successful businesses.

Whether I will in the end purchase or support REBOR products remains to be seen, as I do honestly believe there are people in your company who I would gladly give them my business but the actions of this representative have left a bad taste to say the least, and I know I speak for many others too.

Posted on their Facebook, and I encourage others to do the same as I really mean what I said in my last paragraph.

Blade-of-the-Moon

I wouldn't bother.  All they are doing is getting a ton of attention from this.  Want to teach them a lesson? Stop following their page and encourage others to.  People won't though..we like the drama way to much.

suspsy

Excellent post, stargate. Very well written, very frank, and very true.

I wonder if they'll just delete it though.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

stargatedalek

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 26, 2016, 09:33:37 PM
I wouldn't bother.  All they are doing is getting a ton of attention from this.  Want to teach them a lesson? Stop following their page and encourage others to.  People won't though..we like the drama way to much.
Personally I don't think effort can ever be wasted. People are made of as much or as little effort as we choose to be. I don't want to teach them a lesson, I want to prove that not everyone complaining about them wants the worst for them and what they are doing is only going to drive people away.

Fluffysaurus

I love what they sell, retro, JP style or whatever they make. When you dont like what they make dont buy it. Unfollow their page and see what they sell trough sellers. What is the point in posting what you dont like? If you dont like the way how they do. Or what they sell just go your own way. I can understand when someone tells them you Should make sideshow dinosaurs they get angry. If they wanted to do that they already did that. Obviously they have their own strategy. Putting oil on a already burning fire isnt going to work, i think. And most certainly bringing old issues up isnt either.
My Fluffy is red.
My beaky is green.
I am the cutest Fluffysaurus you have ever seen!

Patrx

That's a very well-written and even-handed response, Star.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: stargatedalek on February 26, 2016, 10:03:25 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 26, 2016, 09:33:37 PM
Personally I don't think effort can ever be wasted. People are made of as much or as little effort as we choose to be. I don't want to teach them a lesson, I want to prove that not everyone complaining about them wants the worst for them and what they are doing is only going to drive people away.

Maybe I'm too jaded for trying for too long. I appreciate the intent and drive to want to try against all odds.

My feeling is that this aggressive behavior of theirs is a tactic and it hasn't been driving so many away as bringing in more business for them.

JurassicGeek09

Well I certainly won't spend a dime on Rebor now. I was considering it in the future but not after the events of today.
To view my collection pieces, check me out at: http://www.instagram.com/jurassicgeek09

Rain

I'll still buy their products, I'm not going to hold a grudge against the company because of one of their employees. But yikes, justified or not that rep really needs to tone it down. He's acting very unprofessional.

suspsy

Perhaps this is a naive faith in humanity talking, but I refuse to believe that this horrid behaviour will win them tons of new fans. Sure, they'll keep the devotees they already had (and some of them are far more abhorrent than the anonymous REBOR rep), but already we're seeing people turn away in disgust.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Rain

Quote from: suspsy on February 26, 2016, 10:54:43 PM
Perhaps this is a naive faith in humanity talking, but I refuse to believe that this horrid behaviour will win them tons of new fans. Sure, they'll keep the devotees they already had (and some of them are far more abhorrent than the anonymous REBOR rep), but already we're seeing people turn away in disgust.

Agreed, I really doubt it's a publicity stunt. If it is...well then it's just plain stupid on REBOR's part. Acting vicious won't get you new fans.
Or maybe we're both wrong and Blade is right. One things for certain though it's definitely gotten them a fair bit of attention.

tyrantqueen

QuoteI don't understand the necessity of criticize and complain about everything, I find it extremely annoying and inmature, and for me is also a real lack of respect for the creators of the figures and their artistic an creative decisions.

The post that started this whole mess off was written in a polite and fairly respectful manner. Rebor were the ones who flew off the handle, resorting to cussing and shouting, and later egging their fans on to attack other the Facebook members.

I understand that constant criticism can be hard to swallow, but as a company, fans will love you for it if you listen to their feedback. 

I won't be touching this company again with a ten foot pole. The toxicity (hate using that word, but it's appropriate here) is too much.

Patrx

I'd like to point out that I don't think anyone here will be judging those people who like REBOR's wares and will continue to buy them. I guess I can only speak for myself, but everyone's entitled to buy what they like without anyone giving them trouble over it.

Fluffysaurus

As long as we can all have fun its fine :D.
My Fluffy is red.
My beaky is green.

Arul

Shot fired by rebor...they said its okay if you dont like rebor just dont buy their stuff maybe it will make you better. Just like me i never buy bullyland or schleich even they sold pretty well in indonesia

Quote from: Dinofiel on February 26, 2016, 11:32:26 PM

Good point, but you know some people is just cant accept what rebor do

Megalosaurus

Quote from: Arul on February 26, 2016, 11:50:49 PM
Shot fired by rebor...they said its okay if you dont like rebor just dont buy their stuff maybe it will make you better. Just like me i never buy bullyland or schleich even they sold pretty well in indonesia

That's what I do. If I like their model I buy it, if I dislike it I don't buy it.
So simple and I avoid to lose energy on discussion that will be ignored anyway.

Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

Fluffysaurus

Quote from: Megalosaurus on February 27, 2016, 12:04:05 AM

That's what I do. If I like their model I buy it, if I dislike it I don't buy it.
And you are right too :)) just dont like it when we all fight eachother. There is enough of that in the world.
My Fluffy is red.
My beaky is green.

Arul

Quote from: Dinofiel on February 27, 2016, 12:15:25 AM
Quote from: Megalosaurus on February 27, 2016, 12:04:05 AM

And you are right too :)) just dont like it when we all fight eachother. There is enough of that in the world.

Megalosaurus and Dinofiel, but unfortunately for some people...

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: