News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

REBOR general discussion

Started by Shadowknight1, February 01, 2015, 07:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halichoeres

Quote from: pylraster on August 25, 2016, 03:53:26 PM
Crocodylians would be great, and being quadrupedal, there will be no stability issues if ever. But no more Kapros or Deinosuchus or Sarcosuchus. Something that hasn't been done yet by mainstream companies. I'd like to see them try a Mourasuchus :P
I would bet a lot of money if they ever do a croc it will be Sarcosuchus or Kaprosuchus. But if they made a Stomatosuchus I'd forgive them for all sorts of atrocities.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Flaffy

I would like a good stomatosuchus...  :P

Dilopho

Quote from: MLMjp on July 15, 2016, 03:23:37 PM
Quote from: utd7 on July 15, 2016, 03:18:11 PM
REBOR had mentioned a couple of times that they are planning a Carnotaurus and am really excited about it but I share a lot of your concerns that this could turn out to be similair to the Disney Carnotaurus which though it looked cool and menacing is far from what the real creature was size wise.

I also agree with a lot of you in that REBOR should make some less obvious dinosaurs such as my personal favourite Cryolophosaurus which is desperately crying out for a decent figure and some which are herbivores such a type of anylosaur which would look epic REBOR style.

There´s the Carnegie one, although it may be a bit difficult to find since the line has been retired, there´s also the Battat Terra one.
Don't forget Colleta's nice white one!

Jose S.M.

Quote from: Dilopho on August 26, 2016, 04:21:32 PM
Quote from: MLMjp on July 15, 2016, 03:23:37 PM
REBOR had mentioned a couple of times that they are planning a Carnotaurus and am really excited about it but I share a lot of your concerns that this could turn out to be similair to the Disney Carnotaurus which though it looked cool and menacing is far from what the real creature was size wise.

I also agree with a lot of you in that REBOR should make some less obvious dinosaurs such as my personal favourite Cryolophosaurus which is desperately crying out for a decent figure and some which are herbivores such a type of anylosaur which would look epic REBOR style.

There´s the Carnegie one, although it may be a bit difficult to find since the line has been retired, there´s also the Battat Terra one.
Don't forget Colleta's nice white one!

I like Collecta's Cryolophosaurus except for it's hands,  that's the thing that have me thinking if I should get it or not.

postsaurischian

....... such as my personal favourite Cryolophosaurus which is desperately crying out for a decent figure .......

I'd say Kaiyodo's Dinoland version is quite decent. To me still the best Dilophosaurus figure on the planet.
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=152.msg19096#msg19096

Sim

Quote from: postsaurischian on August 26, 2016, 08:05:42 PM
....... such as my personal favourite Cryolophosaurus which is desperately crying out for a decent figure .......

I'd say Kaiyodo's Dinoland version is quite decent. To me still the best Dilophosaurus figure on the planet.
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=152.msg19096#msg19096

They said Cryolophosaurus, not Dilophosaurus...  Anyway, as mentioned already decent Cryolophosaurus figures exist, I think both the Carnegie Collection and Battat Terra ones are very good.

postsaurischian

Quote from: Sim on August 26, 2016, 09:19:28 PM
They said Cryolophosaurus, not Dilophosaurus...

:-[ Oops! Sorry. where were I?

Dilopho

Quote from: postsaurischian on August 27, 2016, 07:54:34 AM

That's no problem, Sim! You've given me another Dilophosaurus to consider  ;D

Anyway, I think we should get back to discussing Rebor now.

Sim

Quote from: Dilopho on August 27, 2016, 09:59:19 AM

It was postsaurischian who suggested the Dilophosaurus, not me...  Looks like this thread is making people confuse one name for another!

Dilopho

Quote from: Sim on August 27, 2016, 02:14:31 PM
Quote from: Dilopho on August 27, 2016, 09:59:19 AM

It was postsaurischian who suggested the Dilophosaurus, not me...  Looks like this thread is making people confuse one name for another!
Aaargh! My brain is melting!

Brain...not....braining...correctly....

utd7

Since REBOR seems to like pairing their figures (i.e. Acrocanthosaurus and the upcoming Deinonychus clan, King T-rex with dead Triceratops corpse and upcoming King Trident) they should do a Gastonia to go with the Utahraptor.
We live in a Jurassic World

LophoLeeVT

what i was thinking....LOL!!!!
check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

Silvanusaurus

Quote from: utd7 on August 28, 2016, 06:01:31 PM
Since REBOR seems to like pairing their figures (i.e. Acrocanthosaurus and the upcoming Deinonychus clan, King T-rex with dead Triceratops corpse and upcoming King Trident) they should do a Gastonia to go with the Utahraptor.

Yes, they could even pull a Papo and base it on the new Sideshow Gastonia.

Flaffy

Dilopho

"Let's draw attention to the criticizers so our fans can go attack them, nyehehehehh!"

MLMjp

I don´t know who is more inmature, the guy who posted those rude comments, or Rebor who throws more wood into the fire.

suspsy

No, that Austin Wood fellow's comments certainly aren't a picture of maturity and calmness, but there was absolutely no justification for REBOR to share his post. CollectA, Papo, Safari, Schleich, none of them would ever behave so childishly and spitefully.

This is precisely why so many people don't like or respect REBOR as a company.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Flaffy

"As we voyage deeper into the dangerous depths of the Rebor Community -- Oh Shawn, put your mask on, this place is toxic -- we observe the wild Reborificus Worshipudus in it's natural habitat. They are mostly blind and cannot tell between the good and the bad.

-- Shawn, Shawn, come here. -- We have stumbled upon the Reborificus Worshipudus defending it's queen, Rebor, from it's natural enemy, humans with common sense."

Dilopho

What was that thing that happened ages ago with the Rebor PR guy going insane on the forum or something?

CityRaptor

That too, but there was also the Ceratosaurus incident, where they wrote a facebook post about their's only being raterd 2.5 stars, with the Kaiyodo, Wild Safari, Battat being rated better and then sending their followers to fix that.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: