News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

REBOR general discussion

Started by Shadowknight1, February 01, 2015, 07:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stargatedalek

Quote from: Halichoeres on April 30, 2017, 06:31:11 PM
Also, 5 inches tall and $70? I know it must involve an awful lot of precision machining, but jeez.
That's average for a Figma. Only the very most popular of characters get enough produced to cost less than $50, and only more obscure characters or more often ones that necessitate a lot of accessories (IE Kancolle characters [just my luck!]) will ever cost more than $80.

postsaurischian

:) I like the idea of a David scale figure. There are people who like different human scale figures for their collections.
The female is less interesting for the purpose, because she has no arms. A scale figure should be complete.

Quote from: tanystropheus on April 30, 2017, 04:57:45 AM
David by Michelangelo Figma Action figure --

https://www.amazon.com/FREEing-Table-Museum-Michelangelo-Action/dp/B0179LDQNU/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1493524768&sr=8-5&keywords=figma+table+museum

A Michelangelo action figure?! Now that's what I call stupid ;D.
That's like "The London Symphony Orchestra playing the music of Led Zeppelin" - absolutely absurd and abundant.

Ravonium

Quote from: postsaurischian on May 01, 2017, 07:53:32 AM
:) I like the idea of a David scale figure. There are people who like different human scale figures for their collections.

I agree, and this is also the reason I want this to be actually made.

Dinoguy2

Isn't David famous for being out of proportion on purpose? His head and upper body were sculpted too large compared to his hips and legs. The intent was that he would look in proportion to a viewer looking up at him, like forced perspective. A weird choice for something that's intended to show scale.

I'm a little surprised Rebor didn't make their scale figure a generic 1950s cave man. Or Chris Pratt. ;)
The Carnegie Collection Dinosaur Archive - http://www.dinosaurmountain.net

Shonisaurus

By the way the artistic figures of the David of Michelangelo and the one of Venus without arms are articulated or not? Rebor surprises me at this point.

Reptilia

They didn't say anything about articulation, so we can reasonably assume the figures won't be articulated.

Shonisaurus

By the way I just found out about Rebor facebook of the following news. They will perform prehistoric crocodiles and nothing more or less than two emblematic: the deinonychus and the sarcosuchus. Is it true?   ??? On the other hand the images honestly do not convince me. For those who have facebook I pass the following link,

www.facebook.com/reborstudio/photos/a.555152224611790.1073741828.555146104612402/1190830837710589/?type=3&theater

Sim

Quote from: Shonisaurus on May 13, 2017, 03:33:11 PM
By the way I just found out about Rebor facebook of the following news. They will perform prehistoric crocodiles and nothing more or less than two emblematic: the deinonychus and the sarcosuchus. Is it true?   ??? On the other hand the images honestly do not convince me. For those who have facebook I pass the following link,

Https://www.facebook.com/reborstudio/photos/a.555152224611790.1073741828.555146104612402/1190830837710589/?type=3&theater

Quote from: Shonisaurus on May 08, 2017, 09:50:40 PM
The set mosasaurus vs nyctosaurus of PNSO reminds me a lot of the set parasaurolophus vs deynonychus of Sideshow.  >:D

You mean Deinosuchus...  Deinonychus is a dromaeosaurid.  The link you provided doesn't work, here's a link that works: https://www.facebook.com/reborstudio/photos/a.555152224611790.1073741828.555146104612402/1190830837710589/?type=1&theater

stargatedalek

I thought if there was anything REBOR could do right it'd be crocodiles but those look terrible.

Takama

Ok im not going to lie, those crocs are UGLY. And yet they class themselves as Fine Art

Flaffy

Someone stared a bit too much at spinosaur skulls when making those crocs

Minmiminime

Oh, dear...I wonder if they actually referred to the fossil material at all ::)
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Sim on May 13, 2017, 04:31:12 PM
Quote from: Shonisaurus on May 13, 2017, 03:33:11 PM

Https://www.facebook.com/reborstudio/photos/a.555152224611790.1073741828.555146104612402/1190830837710589/?type=3&theater

Quote from: Shonisaurus on May 08, 2017, 09:50:40 PM
The set mosasaurus vs nyctosaurus of PNSO reminds me a lot of the set parasaurolophus vs deynonychus of Sideshow.  >:D

You mean Deinosuchus...  Deinonychus is a dromaeosaurid.  The link you provided doesn't work, here's a link that works: https://www.facebook.com/reborstudio/photos/a.555152224611790.1073741828.555146104612402/1190830837710589/?type=1&theater

Excuse me I was referring to the prehistoric crocodile deinosuchus not the dromaeosaurio deinonychus. It's been a lapse.

On the other hand I confirm that these prehistoric crocodiles are quite ugly and demean to the mark Rebor with respect to other of their figures.

tanystropheus

These are the most dinosaur (non-avian) looking crocodiles ever!

Takama

Quote from: Minmiminime on May 13, 2017, 07:31:58 PM
Oh, dear...I wonder if they actually referred to the fossil material at all ::)

Well there t.rex has the head of a JP one so i think the answer is no.

Silvanusaurus

Classic Rebor logic: "The more scales we sculpt, the more realism! It worked on our dinosaurs and hey, crocodiles are basically just dinosaurs, aren't they?"
I once said that the main thing I'd be interested in seeing from Rebor would be crocodilians...
I was not interested in seeing this.
Papo's Kaprosuchus alone makes these sculpts look like Disney characters.

tanystropheus

Quote from: Silvanusaurus on May 13, 2017, 09:23:19 PM
Classic Rebor logic: "The more scales we sculpt, the more realism! It worked on our dinosaurs and hey, crocodiles are basically just dinosaurs, aren't they?"
I once said that the main thing I'd be interested in seeing from Rebor would be crocodilians...
I was not interested in seeing this.
Papo's Kaprosuchus alone makes these sculpts look like Disney characters.

To be fair, crocodiles do have a lot of scales.

Unfortunately, given the prototype pictures, REBOR seems to have based their Deinosuchus and Sarcosuchus on T-rex and Spinosaurus. At least, Papo based their Kaprosuchus on crocodilians. However, we have to keep in mind that these are early pictures, and anything can happen between now and the official reveal.

Halichoeres

The heads are way too short and deep. I wonder if they just resized the photo poorly and they got distorted. It's hard to imagine even Rebor getting the aspect ratio so wildly incorrect.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Minmiminime

A line of ancient crocodilians is a fantastic concept, they were astounding creatures...and Rebor go and treat them like this?! :o >:( Is it too much to hope that this may be a joke?? I wish I could convince myself, it would go some way to relieving this latest disappointment
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

Takama

honestly, Papo has got them beat at this point when it comes to Crocodiles.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: