News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

REBOR general discussion

Started by Shadowknight1, February 01, 2015, 07:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arul

Maybe we can say rebor user in this forum cant handle the critic so well but rude and critic is different, personally as a human he/she/we have a limit. Rebor is a great and kind company they made a communication not only promotion to the prehistoric figure lovers, make an account in here and other forum even they talk to us in the name of the company. how many big company that doing the same thing ? Take it easy rebor be patient dont think too much about the rudeness that you receive from your first introduction until your last post before you banned  :D "bigger and higher tree will face a stronger wind"

tanystropheus

Quote from: Sim on March 31, 2015, 01:41:21 AM
Calling/implying they are highly accurate representations of prehistoric animals when they're not though is likely to justly result in people pointing out this isn't correct.

What is wrong with the Papo Apato, Tupax, Carnotaurus, and Styraco? They are modeled after Sideshow. If they are inaccurate, logic would dictate that the Sideshow after which they are modeled after would also have to be grossly inaccurate.

stargatedalek

Quote from: tanystropheus on March 31, 2015, 02:48:29 AM
What is wrong with the Papo Apato, Tupax, Carnotaurus, and Styraco? They are modeled after Sideshow. If they are inaccurate, logic would dictate that the Sideshow after which they were modeled after would also have to be grossly inaccurate.
Papo apatosaurus has misplaced nostrils and misproportioned limbs, Sideshow doesn't, Papo tupuxuara lacks pycnofibres, the Sideshow one has pitifully few pycnofibres, but thats still better than none, both carnotaurus appear accurate to me, and I've never seen more than a glimpse of the Sideshow styracosaurus, so I don't know how they compare. You asked for an answer,  I gave an honest one, that doesn't mean I dislike Papo.

tanystropheus

Quote from: stargatedalek on March 31, 2015, 03:12:26 AM
Quote from: tanystropheus on March 31, 2015, 02:48:29 AM
What is wrong with the Papo Apato, Tupax, Carnotaurus, and Styraco? They are modeled after Sideshow. If they are inaccurate, logic would dictate that the Sideshow after which they were modeled after would also have to be grossly inaccurate.
Papo apatosaurus has misplaced nostrils and misproportioned limbs, Sideshow doesn't, Papo tupuxuara lacks pycnofibres, the Sideshow one has pitifully few pycnofibres, but thats still better than none, both carnotaurus appear accurate to me, and I've never seen more than a glimpse of the Sideshow styracosaurus, so I don't know how they compare. You asked for an answer,  I gave an honest one, that doesn't mean I dislike Papo.

Thank you for pointing it out.  However, according to Everything Dinosaur, the Apatosaurus' nostrils reflect paleontological research and they are best
viewed when using a magnifying glass, check 2:34 of the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJEMcUOR8Ao

To be honest, I don't see any pycnofibers on the Sideshow version. Maybe, it's me. I see skin wrinkles and creases.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqowth2iGnc

Most models, regardless of company, have at least one inaccuracy. It is not fair to regard Papo dinosaurs as a whole as inaccurate. Yes, Papo are good at making movie monsters (e.g. V-rex and JP Rex), but they do make relatively accurate models when they feel like it (e.g. Styraco, Carnotaurus)

Shadowknight1

BTW, tomorrow the Acrocanthosaurus will be completed.  Also, REBOR mentioned a "JuniorPrince" T. rex for Christmas, maybe.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

tanystropheus

Quote from: Shadowknight1 on March 31, 2015, 04:36:26 AM
Also, REBOR mentioned a "JuniorPrince" T. rex for Christmas, maybe.

If it is being released for Christmas, it will probably be a hatchling counterpart to "Jolly".

sauroid

i dont see why one should boycott a desirable product just because they are displeased by the behavior of a company representative. that's just too lame a  reason. i doubt if REBOR would ever come back or post anything anymore. they just dont need the exposure here anymore.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: sauroid on March 31, 2015, 06:58:07 AM
i dont see why one should boycott a desirable product just because they are displeased by the behavior of a company representative. that's just too lame a  reason. i doubt if REBOR would ever come back or post anything anymore. they just dont need the exposure here anymore.

A company employee who makes contact with the public on a regular basis is expected to show a degree a professionalism, be courteous, answer questions and listen to the customers attentively ( even if you don't take their suggestions seriously) , it's the basis of good PR.  For example. When I speak with a group of guests here at the Park that is how I greet them and behave. They all want to tell me their favorite dinosaur, what interests them, what they they think would be cool to see, what they know. I can't just blow them off and say " yeah well this what we're going to do , deal with it. " It's rude if nothing else. I wouldn't have gotten near as far as I have if I made comments like Rebor has done.  I believe or at least would like to that companies I support at least care a little bit about their customers.  My grandfather always said you can attract more flies with honey, it's a good rule of business I think.  Now boycotting a line based on a company's representative? I guess that all depends on the person really. How much this person actually represents this company too.

RobinGoodfellow

Probably the Rebor guy on this forum was a bit rude (but some comments against Rebor were rude too).  ???
In all companies a good PR is a great value.
But I like Rebor models very much and I'll buy the new ones.

sauroid

whoah that's an awesome Acro!
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

tanystropheus

Quote from: tanystropheus on March 31, 2015, 05:42:44 AM
Quote from: Shadowknight1 on March 31, 2015, 04:36:26 AM
Also, REBOR mentioned a "JuniorPrince" T. rex for Christmas, maybe.

If it is being released for Christmas, it will probably be a hatchling counterpart to "Jolly".

Scratch that.

I think I figured out REBOR's plan regarding this so-called "Prince T-rex".
A few weeks ago REBOR mentioned that they would consider making a larger base for King T-rex.
Yesterday, on Facebook, REBOR revealed the statement, "How about a little Prince this Xmas"
Today, on Facebook, REBOR revealed that "King T-rex belongs to a bigger plan".
If my calculations are correct, "Prince T-rex" will be an essential component of the base. This base can be used as a standalone w/ Prince T-rex or accommodate a T-rex family with grooves on the base that will firmly secure the previously released King T-rex.

Arul

Wow the acro looks great ! They said its little bit smaller than the king trex thats very good for me, also the leg i think its fine seems not too big for me it looks proportional, if you guys think the leg is too big this acro is high caliber athlete many article they are the top of the food chain that time so big muscle is his greatest asset. Start saving my money now !!!

Arul

Quote from: RobinGoodfellows on March 31, 2015, 09:31:59 AM
Probably the Rebor guy on this forum was a bit rude (but some comments against Rebor were rude too).  ???

Agreed, dont blame rebor too much  :)

suspsy

I agree with Blade-of-the-Moon. There was certainly some hostility directed at REBOR from time to time, but that doesn't mean that they can respond in kind and still come off as professional. It's no different from say, a service rep at Best Buy calling a customer a jerk after the latter calls him an idiot. The customer may be asked to leave the store, but the service rep is likely to get fired.

And again, REBOR's constant slamming of other companies and artists was entirely their own choice. 

Their behaviour has certainly turned me off, but I was never all that impressed by their products to begin with. That's purely a personal call and I would never hold it against anyone who remains keen about them.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

RobinGoodfellow

Every collector has a personal idea about items to collect or not.
On my opinion Rebor's products are half-way between toys and hi-end models.
That's perfect for me.
Recently I bought my first Sideshow (Mosa): Wow, that's incredible! But I can't pay 300 euro for a SINGLE MODEL every time.
Papo models are spectacular but not so accurate.
Safari and Collecta are good too but usually cover the entry level price range.
Resin kits are gorgeous but I have no time to assemble and no talent to paint them properly.
Rebor doesn't cost so much ( less than 100 euro ), it's accurate (for a TOY), paint job is very good, model's postures are spectacular, etc...
I hope that this company will do more models in the future with same prices.
That's all for me as a collector.  :)
Have a nice day.

Shadowknight1

Quote from: sauroid on March 31, 2015, 09:39:19 AM
It has the potential to be the best on the market.  Colors will either knock it out of the park or sink it.  Either way, probably the best Acro we'll get this year.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

sauroid

Quote from: Shadowknight1 on March 31, 2015, 12:35:35 PM
Quote from: sauroid on March 31, 2015, 09:39:19 AM
It has the potential to be the best on the market.  Colors will either knock it out of the park or sink it.  Either way, probably the best Acro we'll get this year.
can't wait for the color pic!

CityRaptor

Quote from: RobinGoodfellows on March 31, 2015, 12:23:14 PM
Rebor doesn't cost so much ( less than 100 euro ), it's accurate (for a TOY), paint job is very good, model's postures are spectacular, etc...

One could argue about the accurateness. Their Yutyrannus comes to mind. One of the most expensive but also the least accurate models.

And reading some posts, it was probably them who downvoted the WS Yutyrannus and Carnegie Velociraptor, too.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

tanystropheus

Quote from: CityRaptor on March 31, 2015, 12:54:45 PM
Quote from: RobinGoodfellows on March 31, 2015, 12:23:14 PM

One could argue about the accurateness.

No point arguing over accurateness, unless they have at least a handful of models released in the market. Sample size is too small. Let's wait till the Ceratosaurus, Acrocanthosaurus, winter variant Y-rex are released before passing judgement on a company that is still in its infancy stage. If we were this harsh on Carnegie and Battat when they released their first 3 models, they would never see the light of day....

Arul

About acro leg in this thread rebor said "if you can accept papo spino you can accept this" i understand now. I dont have papo spino but i understand what rebor means, i can accept green running trex papo so i think maybe i can accept this  :D

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: