News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

REBOR general discussion

Started by Shadowknight1, February 01, 2015, 07:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saurox

Quote from: Carnoking on January 15, 2021, 12:58:01 AM
REBOR have posted additional photos of their saurophaganax sculpt

Even if it is still somewhat monstrous and busy, it's nice to see they are still  doing true dinosaur offerings!

very interesting.

Bread

Quote from: Stegotyranno on January 15, 2021, 01:46:05 AM
Wow, that seems cool, I guess. But it kind looks too much like Indominus Rex.
That comparison is spot on, which brings me to my point of it being a "movie monster." It is not a bad design, but it is one that does interest me. Maybe my opinion will change when we receive prototypes being produced.

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Bread on January 15, 2021, 02:13:39 AM
That comparison is spot on, which brings me to my point of it being a "movie monster." It is not a bad design, but it is one that does interest me. Maybe my opinion will change when we receive prototypes being produced.
Like i said, its because of the shrinkwrapping. Also, i believe round scales will work much better than squared scales.
Speaking of shrink wrapping and accuracy, does anyone know what an realistic saurophaganax design will look like
heres what i think MAY be an accurate saurophaganax

Shonisaurus

I sincerely love that saurophaganax, it is not scientific but that sculpture based on a movie monster has been masterful on the part of Rebor, sincerely that figure is within my future purchases if my finances allow it. It is a great figure. I can't wait to see the finished figure.

Bread

Quote from: Stegotyranno on January 15, 2021, 02:32:14 AM
Quote from: Bread on January 15, 2021, 02:13:39 AM
Like i said, its because of the shrinkwrapping. Also, i believe round scales will work much better than squared scales.
To me, it was because of the scales. The crest seem to also remind me of Indominus rex, including the armor like scales on the back/spine.

RaptorRex

Interested in seeing what paint scheme they go for.

SRF

Quote from: Stolpergeist on January 15, 2021, 05:24:22 AM
I don't know what it is but something about the REBOR Saurophaganax makes me feel like it's not a fully grown animal, no matter what scale they'll say it is, there is just something about it that feels so... babyfied.
Might be the arms probably.
Or perhaps if the eyes were slightly smaller.
Has to be one of those but I can't quite put my finger on it.
At least it is an original sculpt and not just a slightly altered Allosaurus, the way they handled Ekrixinatosaurus was just extremely disappointing, it didn't look remotely like something closely related to Skorpiovenator.

I kinda feel that too. To me the head is too big. That in combination with the big eyes gives the impression that this animal (or movie monster) is a juvenile. But I don't think it is meant to be a not fully grown animal, the head is probably bigger because it's more scary or something. 
But today, I'm just being father

SenSx

The color sheme and the paint job on that Saurophaganax can make it a win for me.
I hope they will make something original, with stripes or something.

Hope we won't have to wait too long to see more.

Bread

Quote from: SenSx on January 15, 2021, 07:57:48 PM
I forgot how long it takes for Rebor to release prototypes or reveal their color schemes. I am still waiting for more images of their Smilodon, Deinosuchus, and Sarcosuchus. Unless all the three of the ones I mentioned are going to end up forgotten or disposed of.

SenSx

Quote from: Bread on January 15, 2021, 08:26:55 PM
Quote from: SenSx on January 15, 2021, 07:57:48 PM
I forgot how long it takes for Rebor to release prototypes or reveal their color schemes. I am still waiting for more images of their Smilodon, Deinosuchus, and Sarcosuchus. Unless all the three of the ones I mentioned are going to end up forgotten or disposed of.

Yes it always takes ages.

Carnoking

I imagine the smilodon is taking extra time since the details are being hand sculpted.

SenSx

Also I hope this theropod will be able to STAND this time.
The acrocanthosaurus gave me a hard time, I had to glue it to its base with holes in the feet and base, and metal rods in it.
The articulated mouth is also very stiff, and the hot water method does not work for long....

Over9K

The Retrosaurus is moving along... anyone else get a serious Primal Rage/Sauron/Diablo vibe off the one on the right?

The Charles R. Knight looks great in paint...

Blade-of-the-Moon

I think Rebor said there would be a Sauron variant to match th Blizzard Kong?

Kinda wish the Knight was a bit more green, but that could be an alternate. This one feels like Gwangi more.

Patrx

Oh dear. I rather like these, God help me ;D

Bread

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 16, 2021, 05:05:23 AM
Kinda wish the Knight was a bit more green, but that could be an alternate. This one feels like Gwangi more.
I would have preferred it to be a bit more green, too. Oh well... maybe there could be 2 paint variants?

I quite like these, but my worries are about the price. I may have to pass if this figure is $40+

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Bread on January 16, 2021, 12:37:52 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 16, 2021, 05:05:23 AM
I would have preferred it to be a bit more green, too. Oh well... maybe there could be 2 paint variants?

I quite like these, but my worries are about the price. I may have to pass if this figure is $40+

Price is likely to be the same as previous, similar sized releases. 40-50 is a steal given the price of similar resin or other models.

Carnoking

AWWWW YISSSS! GWANGI HAS ENTERED THE CHAT

Over9K

Few more of the 'MesozoicRhapsody'...

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Oh I love those retro dinosaurs, if only they were a lot smaller, I would be tempted
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: