News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

REBOR general discussion

Started by Shadowknight1, February 01, 2015, 07:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bread

Quote from: Duck on December 15, 2021, 04:10:26 PM
Quote from: Over9K on December 15, 2021, 02:01:06 AM
Quote from: Duck on December 15, 2021, 12:27:07 AM
Chunky clown feet :(
This thing looks way to much like a devilish iguana, no thanks.
Also "notorious big"?

REBOR is fond of giving music reference names... Stray Cat, King Crimson, Californication, Meta & Lica, Green Day & Oasis, Bites The Dust & Killer Queen, War Pig and Vanilla Ice...
Yeah but that name just sounds weird and doesn't fit the figure at all.
I usually don't refer to the figures by their names, only exception being PNSO's Wilson as there are so many Tyrannosaurus on the market, but I have to agree about the name choice. Really doesn't fit this figure or genus in my opinion.

I honestly don't have any interest in renaming it but "Ozzy the Saurophaganax" or something like that would be better. Just my two cents.

DragonRider02

Also "notorious big"?

REBOR is fond of giving music reference names... Stray Cat, King Crimson, Californication, Meta & Lica, Green Day & Oasis, Bites The Dust & Killer Queen, War Pig and Vanilla Ice...
If Rebor ever does an Allosaurus figure they should call it "The Ballad of Weird Al".

Lanthanotus

Neither of the color schemes appeals to me, but the sculpt looks quite good and well within the limits of scientific accuracy and artistic license. Aside from the skull it is very well fleshed out, something you would probably expect of a carnivorous creature in that range of size.

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: DragonRider02 on December 15, 2021, 04:53:40 PM
Also "notorious big"?

If Rebor ever does an Allosaurus figure they should call it "The Ballad of Weird Al".
That will be epic.

JohannesB

Rebor seems to go for a kind of Jurassic World-esthetics, which seems clever from a marketing point of view, I guess. But I don't like it all too much. I have to admit I do own the 'King T-rex' and the 'Fallen Queen' Triceratops (but nothing else from Rebor), which do make an interesting display.

I am patiently awaiting images of 'Kiss' and 'Tusk', because one of those might finally again be a Rebor buy for me :-)

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: Duck on December 15, 2021, 04:10:26 PM
Also "notorious big"?

Yeah but that name just sounds weird and doesn't fit the figure at all.
Its a reference to Big Al
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Over9K

Quote from: DragonRider02 on December 15, 2021, 04:53:40 PMIf Rebor ever does an Allosaurus figure they should call it "The Ballad of Weird Al".

"Poodle Hat" The Allosaurus... LOL...

Duck

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on December 15, 2021, 05:45:03 PM
Quote from: DragonRider02 on December 15, 2021, 04:53:40 PM
Also "notorious big"?

That will be epic.
Green Day actually fits the Dilophosaurus figure, I think.
I just mean that its green, lol.
He who dwells in pond

CARN0TAURUS

Quote from: JohannesB on December 15, 2021, 06:39:49 PM
Rebor seems to go for a kind of Jurassic World-esthetics, which seems clever from a marketing point of view, I guess. But I don't like it all too much. I have to admit I do own the 'King T-rex' and the 'Fallen Queen' Triceratops (but nothing else from Rebor), which do make an interesting display.

I am patiently awaiting images of 'Kiss' and 'Tusk', because one of those might finally again be a Rebor buy for me :-)

Both look amazing, I'd probably buy the lipped version just to own something different.  I personally prefer lipless so sounds kind of silly to say it but I'd buy kiss just because it wouldn't look like anything else in the collection.  Of course the best case scenario is if they pull a smilodon on this release and put it out with two heads.

Duck

He who dwells in pond

Abobo

CARN0TAURUS

Quote from: Abobo on December 16, 2021, 12:15:05 PM
"TOASTY!"

It's the barbecue special, makes me hungry every time I see it :)

CARN0TAURUS

Quote from: CARN0TAURUS on December 14, 2021, 11:02:09 PM
Quote from: Over9K on December 14, 2021, 08:42:42 PM
So.... are we getting the other two colorway at the same time?

I like the barbecue special in the middle, looks tasty

Looks even more like barbecue chicken from this angle!

Shadowknight1

The red one is my likely choice.  I think the green iguana colored one is fine, but the pale white face is somewhat ghostly.  And I think the Godzilla98 colored one is cool, but I dislike the colors in its mouth, it looks unnatural.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

GiganotosaurusFan

kiss is Ermes' stand in Stone Ocean, and Tusk is Tusk in Steel Ball Run
Any Giganotosauruses are friends. Any other carnivores are...I think I'll run now.

Lynx

Quick question, how good is the GNG rex in terms of accuracy? I'd like to get it for my sister or as a progression from the Carnegie rex (which is in a similar posture) but she's become quite the nitpicky lil buger. Poor Triceratops got rejected.
An oversized house cat.

CARN0TAURUS

Quote from: Lynx on January 27, 2022, 05:46:43 PM
Quick question, how good is the GNG rex in terms of accuracy? I'd like to get it for my sister or as a progression from the Carnegie rex (which is in a similar posture) but she's become quite the nitpicky lil buger. Poor Triceratops got rejected.

How old is she?  The teeth on the GNG are kind of sharp.  It's light because it's hollow but it's big (1/30-1/25?), I'm fairly certain it's too thin to be accurate.  You might be able to find more accurate at that price range, maybe smaller and with kid friendly teeth?

Maybe something like the battat or the favorite soft model (2013)?  I believe dejankins has both of those in stock in the $14-$18 dollar range.  If she's little and your concerned she might get cut on the teeth I'd go with the older toys.  If she's older she might want something newer tho, hard to say.

Lynx

Quote from: CARN0TAURUS on January 27, 2022, 07:06:44 PM

How old is she?  The teeth on the GNG are kind of sharp.  It's light because it's hollow but it's big (1/30-1/25?), I'm fairly certain it's too thin to be accurate.  You might be able to find more accurate at that price range, maybe smaller and with kid friendly teeth?

Maybe something like the battat or the favorite soft model (2013)?  I believe dejankins has both of those in stock in the $14-$18 dollar range.  If she's little and your concerned she might get cut on the teeth I'd go with the older toys.  If she's older she might want something newer tho, hard to say.

She's currently 8 and turning 9 soon  :)
I'll try looking into both of those figures, thanks.
I tried showing her the Battat a while ago and she said it looked too cartoony
An oversized house cat.

CARN0TAURUS

Quote from: Lynx on January 27, 2022, 07:33:12 PM
Quote from: CARN0TAURUS on January 27, 2022, 07:06:44 PM

She's currently 8 and turning 9 soon  :)
I'll try looking into both of those figures, thanks.
I tried showing her the Battat a while ago and she said it looked too cartoony

It's hard to say without know what kinds of toys she likes but the 2004 soft model T-rex and the 2013 soft model T-rex are both more accurate than the GNG in my opinion.  They are both small enough that she can easily take them with her in the car or on a trip etc...  both are durable toys that will take a pounding and still look good.  Neither has a ton of paint on them so not much in the way of paint chips coming off in her hands etc.  A lot of the body on those two dinosaurs is just the color of the molded plastic so paint wise they might be safer than a hollow dinosaur that will easily get compressed and shed paint onto here hands.  Plus the teeth issue, the 2004 can stand on it's own without a base tho, the 2013 version is less stable and comes with a little plastic base.  I would've gone crazy over either one when I was 9 years old but times are really different now, kids have so many more options to distract themselves with, a small plastic dinosaur is probably not as much fun as it once was?

Over9K

REBOR teasing on Facebook...

"Name the species."

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: