News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

REBOR general discussion

Started by Shadowknight1, February 01, 2015, 07:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

REBOR_STUDIO

All we did was introducing more collectors to the blog because we consider the votes hold strong bias against our products, REBOR fans are also Papo fans, Safari fans and CollectA fans, even ourselves are fans of Papo and Safari, we never ask anyone to vote 5 star for us, nor down vote products of other brands, that's why we only posts links to review pages of REBOR models and let all collectors decide what the rating will be, we need to know what people really think about REBOR products so that we can learn and improve ourselves. If our 36 cm long, 610g weight and Sideshow level painted King T-rex only receive 2 stars, then clearly manufacturing dinosaur models is a big mistake for us, however the truth is we are doing much, much better than expected internationally, therefore these completely opposite results really confused us and we just want to get some accurate feedback from collectors. If this action has caused people uneasy feelings, we would like to apologise for our methods. :)

CityRaptor

Just tell your followers to act civil about this.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

REBOR_STUDIO

Quote from: CityRaptor on June 18, 2015, 11:53:07 PM
Just tell your followers to act civil about this.

Yes that would be a good idea, by the way, a little suggestion, please, please don't call people "the uneducated public" again, some people might felt such comment "uncivil" and to be honest it really pushes people away :)

Sim

Quote from: REBOR_STUDIO on June 18, 2015, 11:46:41 PM
All we did was introducing more collectors to the blog because we consider the votes hold strong bias against our products, REBOR fans are also Papo fans, Safari fans and CollectA fans, even ourselves are fans of Papo and Safari, we never ask anyone to vote 5 star for us, nor down vote products of other brands, that's why we only posts links to review pages of REBOR models and let all collectors decide what the rating will be, we need to know what people really think about REBOR products so that we can learn and improve ourselves. If our 36 cm long, 610g weight and Sideshow level painted King T-rex only receive 2 stars, then clearly manufacturing dinosaur models is a big mistake for us, however the truth is we are doing much, much better than expected internationally, therefore these completely opposite results really confused us and we just want to get some accurate feedback from collectors. If this action has caused people uneasy feelings, we would like to apologise for our methods. :)
I also feel uneasy because of the hostility that has been generated by your Facebook post.  Did you think that your provocative Facebook post which even contains, "Stop the haters and Let's change something!" wouldn't lead to nasty and abusive comments towards people here?

Tallin

The problem is, that there are many other models on the blog that also have low ratings, but I never see the sculptors of manufacturers of those models bringing it up. I agree with you totally that the ratings seem too low, and don't doubt there has been some spiteful voting going on and for that I am sorry, but it doesn't seem professional to call it out like this. As a fellow artist, I often feel disheartened at the work (poorly drawn fan-art, fan service stuff) that seems to be most successful on art sharing websites, and wish my own work was as successful, but it wouldn't seem prudent to complain about this to my followers or other viewers.

stargatedalek

I get the feeling that the Rebor ceratosaurus is heavily downvoted because people are afraid of the warping issue. For the price people were expecting it to have been better prepared, Rebor may have fixed this issue but people who otherwise might consider buying one have been scared off.

As for the tyrannosaurus some people prioritize different aspects. This isn't the "dinosaur statue blog" so there will always be people who are really looking for/interested in "toys". A toy no matter how high end is something someone expects to be able to hold in their hands and pose on their desk, so the tyrannosaurus need of a base is probably off putting for many people who frequent the blog.

REBOR_STUDIO

Quote from: Sim on June 19, 2015, 12:14:59 AM
I also feel uneasy because of the hostility that has been generated by your Facebook post.  Did you think that your provocative Facebook post which even contains, "Stop the haters and Let's change something!" wouldn't lead to nasty and abusive comments towards people here?

The link is to Dinosaur Toy Blog, not the forum, and we didn't really think that much, sorry our bad :(

REBOR_STUDIO

Quote from: Tallin on June 19, 2015, 12:17:33 AM
The problem is, that there are many other models on the blog that also have low ratings, but I never see the sculptors of manufacturers of those models bringing it up. I agree with you totally that the ratings seem too low, and don't doubt there has been some spiteful voting going on and for that I am sorry, but it doesn't seem professional to call it out like this. As a fellow artist, I often feel disheartened at the work (poorly drawn fan-art, fan service stuff) that seems to be most successful on art sharing websites, and wish my own work was as successful, but it wouldn't seem prudent to complain about this to my followers or other viewers.

Very true, sorry about that :)

REBOR_STUDIO

Quote from: stargatedalek on June 19, 2015, 12:19:46 AM
I get the feeling that the Rebor ceratosaurus is heavily downvoted because people are afraid of the warping issue. For the price people were expecting it to have been better prepared, Rebor may have fixed this issue but people who otherwise might consider buying one have been scared off.

As for the tyrannosaurus some people prioritize different aspects. This isn't the "dinosaur statue blog" so there will always be people who are really looking for/interested in "toys". A toy no matter how high end is something someone expects to be able to hold in their hands and pose on their desk, so the tyrannosaurus need of a base is probably off putting for many people who frequent the blog.

Thank you, we are open to suggestions :)

tanystropheus

Quote from: Sim on June 19, 2015, 12:14:59 AM

I don't think there was anything particularly uncivil or hostile on REBOR's recent Facebook post. Their products are clearly being down voted by some individuals that may be anti-REBOR and I think they've introduced more people (biased and unbiased) into the mix/equation. It's also good that they've called out this phenomena (of passive aggressive down voting). In other words, the negative bias will be offset by the positive bias; it doesn't solve the problem by any means with respect to bias but it's a start (increased sample size?). The problem has to do with factors that are difficult to control. REBOR has 20,000 FB fans and 20,000 IG fans. Obviously, there will be some unpredictable, unanticipated reactions.  I don't think they should be held responsible for the responses of each individual fan. That's just ridiculous.

tanystropheus

Quote from: stargatedalek on June 19, 2015, 12:19:46 AM

You make a really valid point. While there might have been intentional downvoting  by the anti-REBOR crowd, I wouldn't be surprised that some of the downvotes might have been from individuals that admire REBOR products but are unhappy with the warping.

Regarding the base, I wonder if the T-rex will be rerated when the Triceratops base diorama arrives.

Tallin

Quote from: REBOR_STUDIO on June 19, 2015, 12:22:53 AM
Very true, sorry about that :)

Not a problem - I'm so happy that we can discuss stuff with open minds and friendliness!
Thank you for your understanding and I'm honestly looking forward very much to seeing this mystery dimorphodon shaped creature!  :))

Hopefully any animosity will blow over soon...I'd hate for other creators or people interested in the hobby to be put off by this sort of thing going on, it doesn't benefit anybody... :(

TJ_Terrorsaur

Heya Rebor, take a look at this. ^_^ I hope you get a kick out of it!

suspsy

FWIW, the two star rating on the T. rex had been established well before REBOR Studios began posting on the forums. So whatever the reasons behind people's choices (high price, bad pose, too much resemblance to JP, etc), I seriously doubt spite was one of them. Although it wouldn't shock me if that's changed over the past few months.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Arul

Where is the trex scar TJ ? Maybe you have to custom the rebor trex add the scar on it :P nope, im joking please just dont the paint and sculp is already perfect hahaha

indominus rex

I was just looking on Rebors Facebook page and someone asked if they have an Allosaurus (My favorite dinosaur) on the way and they said yes so I think that or the mosasaur will be next in line to have images released.

Also I noticed alot of people requesting a Indominus Rex, while I am highly doubtful that Rebor will be able to do this because of copyright and other legal issues. (If they do I'll buy it in a heartbeat.) I think what they could do as an alternative is make a Giganotosaurus and have it's coloration like that of Indominus with the pale white skin and blood red eyes. After all the Indominus Rex in the movie does have Giganotosaurus DNA in it. Either that or they could use there upcoming Allosaurus model and make it look like Indominus to a certain extent.

I would love for either one of those to happen and I would love to hear from feedback from you guys and possibly from Rebor on this thought.

TJ_Terrorsaur

Quote from: ARUL on June 19, 2015, 02:40:20 AM
Where is the trex scar TJ ? Maybe you have to custom the rebor trex add the scar on it :P nope, im joking please just dont the paint and sculp is already perfect hahaha

Hahaha I know he/she's missing them. Thanks Arul! ^_^ The I-Rex actaully holds Rebor's Rex up really well so that's a win-win. I actually thought about buying another King T-Rex and asking Rebor to paint her up to look like Rexy. Hmmm I wonder if they'd do that for me? :)

REBOR_STUDIO

Quote from: suspsy on June 19, 2015, 02:04:23 AM
FWIW, the two star rating on the T. rex had been established well before REBOR Studios began posting on the forums. So whatever the reasons behind people's choices (high price, bad pose, too much resemblance to JP, etc), I seriously doubt spite was one of them. Although it wouldn't shock me if that's changed over the past few months.

That's not correct, the review was done on the 5th of January, 2015, the first time we entered this forum was August 28th, 2014, and King T-rex was announced on the 30th October, 2014, released on the first of December, 2014, in stock globally on the 10th of December, it was 4.5 stars first then somehow dropped to 2 stars. The price is very fair for his size and manufacturing method, the pose is dynamic, too much resemblance to JP because we want to make him this way to pay our homage to the movie. Spite played a very big part because many people are not happy that our Yutyrannus  has less feathers and we nicknamed hime "Y-rex", those people thought that we know nothing about dinosaurs and they can push the newcomers around, then we started to explain for ourselves they just lost their temper. Until now some people still call our products "papo with big price tags" even after other forum members who bought REBOR models and told them the quality and level of details are completely different. Everybody deserves a chance sadly some people don't want to give us one.

Don't want to start another fight, just want to make things clear, people need to know the truth.

indominus rex

I know I'm probably going to get alot of hate from this but I greatly prefer Rebor to papo and to clairify Papo has ripped off of Jurassic Park too and there models have many defects like warping, paint coming off, and poor quality control. So people have to stop treating Papo like the god of dinosaur figures because the honest truth is Papo is no better than Rebor since Rebor does fix it's mistakes and has bases and in my opinion alot better looking models than Papo has. I still like and buy Papo but they are far from the best figures out for sale.

REBOR_STUDIO

Quote from: indominus rex on June 19, 2015, 03:39:04 AM
I know I'm probably going to get alot of hate from this but I greatly prefer Rebor to papo and to clairify Papo has ripped off of Jurassic Park too and there models have many defects like warping, paint coming off, and poor quality control. So people have to stop treating Papo like the god of dinosaur figures because the honest truth is Papo is no better than Rebor since Rebor does fix it's mistakes and has bases and in my opinion alot better looking models than Papo has. I still like and buy Papo but they are far from the best figures out for sale.

Thanks for the support :) Well we wouldn't say which one is better, we also love Papo figures and we do collect them just like all other collectors did, however it's quite annoying that some people keep comparing our products with Papo and call them "way overpirced" even though we've explained why the price is higher for sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo many times, you pay for what you get.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: