You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

REBOR 1:35 Ceratosaurus dentisulcatus Museum Class Replica “Savage” [updated]

Started by REBOR_STUDIO, February 04, 2015, 01:00:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saurian

Soory,my English is poor

Dinoguy2

Quote from: Meso-Cenozoic on February 05, 2015, 01:54:14 AM
Another very nicely detailed sculpt. I like a lot of what I see. I do also think the arms are a little too long. But the thing I'm mostly missing are the trademark elongated upper teeth. I realize the lips cover some portions of them. But I think because they're so long, more of the teeth are usually more visible in any depictions I've seen.

I'm also curious to see the mouth closed. A good portion of the upper teeth should be visibly seen hanging outside over the bottom jaw.
Here are two examples of what I mean. Both by very well researched paleoartists. Foulkes on the left and Rader on the right.

It should be noted that in the mount den here, like many inaccurately mounted theropods, the teeth are hanging out of their sockets. Most of that length is root. Compare with the skeletal-the teeth there look normal but set into a convex maxilla it gives it that bulldog look. In life they'd probably be totally covered by the lips.
The Carnegie Collection Dinosaur Archive - http://www.dinosaurmountain.net

Dobber

REBOR, can we also expect the next releases skeletal when the color photo's for this release are released? I'm very excited!

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

Albertosaurus

Hathaway

Quote from: Albertosaurus on February 05, 2015, 12:53:09 PM
What will be the estimated date for the ceratosaurus?

Rebor mentioned on their facebook page that they were looking at a March/April release for this model.

Having bought their previous two efforts and been very happy with the quality to price ratio, I'm really looking forward to seeing this model 'in the flesh' too.
Would love to see Rebor tackle a same scale sauropod of some kind after the disappointing rescale of Papo's apatosaurus offering. Reckon there must be a market there.

SpittersForEver

When will you show us colour?  :D
I am really liking this and will 100% buy it, how big will it measure as well or is this confidential?  :-X
Thanks.

redman

redman

Shonisaurus

So it is good news, we must wait for official photographs published on the website dinotoyblog Rebor.
From my point of view may be a promising figure, an improvement over the previous figures and most importantly one of the best figures ceratosaurus toy.

CityRaptor

Now, this is a good Ceratosaurus. ( Might become awesome, depending on the color images ).  Although I thought you would go for the more popular C. nasicornis. But then again, this might turn out to be one...
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Albertosaurus

I am buying this one,though I don't like theropods that much and I am still waiting for a ceratopsian (but not another triceratops,please Rebor).
What I dont like about the sculpt that much is that upper lip so pronounced with that line of scales...it looks weird to me...
The back scales are awesome and surprisingly original. The base is fantastic as well. I want to se those color pics plus the next skeleton silhouette now!!!
I hope this guy shows some color,not just green.

redman

Just perfect Rebor, the painting is great. Let's hope that the mass production will keep the same quality level!
Thank you Rebor 😊

SpittersForEver

Lovely painting, could you tell us the size or compare it to another model? thanks

Tallin

They said it was at 1:35 scale based on an 8 - 9m specimen. So about 25cm - they also said it would be about the same size as the yutyrannus :)

SpittersForEver

Quote from: Tallin on February 06, 2015, 05:32:54 PM
They said it was at 1:35 scale based on an 8 - 9m specimen. So about 25cm - they also said it would be about the same size as the yutyrannus :)
thanks

Blade-of-the-Moon

Colors are nice, I prefer it with the mouth closed oddly enough...will it shut all the way?  The only downside I see is the feet look really large from the front and I suppose the back, though I understand that is so it can balance and stand up on it's own.

Shonisaurus

It looks great, maybe the best ceratosaurus toy made to date. Although a little big feet, perhaps to balance the dinosaur?
Anyway when it will be on sale'll buy, as said the painting is beautiful

darth daniel

The colouration really is nice, the only aspect I don´t like is - again - the dark area around the eyes, same as the Tyrannosaurus and Utahraptor. Apparently Rebor´s dinosaurs are extra evil... (Or they´ve got a really bad hangover. :)) ) I guess it´s Rebor´s style, still, I don´t like that.

I´d maybe get one if I had more money to spend on dinosaurs, but I think I´ll save it in case the sauropod they promised us earlier is revealed at some point and I like it. I´d have much preferred to see a teaser for that (or anything else) than the fifth theropod in a row. My prediciton for the next releases are Allosaurus or Saurophagnax, Torvosaurus and Giganotosaurus. >:D

Gwangi

The colors are quite nice, I also prefer it with the mouth closed. But That's how I prefer my theropods anyway.

tyrantqueen

Reminds me of when you get prune skin from staying in the bath too long. I'll pass. The head sculpt is nice though :)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: