News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Life Size Stegouros

Started by Kayakasaurus, February 16, 2015, 08:02:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AcroSauroTaurus

Quote from: Kayakasaurus on March 10, 2016, 07:13:53 AM
Thank you Takama, PainterRex, Acro, and Archinto! I'm glad you're interested, I'd like to mold them after I finish up the two molds I'm working on right now. Fun stuff!

The Acro is 3" and the other one is smaller.

Once I get one of your little Acro's I'll use it in the background of my reviews on my youtube channel, after giving it a review of course. ;) And he can be my little channel mascot. ;D
I am the Dinosaur King!

Kayakasaurus

Quote from: Archinto on March 12, 2016, 03:18:38 AM
Ahh schweet! Thank you for that. That was some pretty informative reading. I think i know how to approach it now :)

That's great!  ;)
Protocasts Dinosaur Models http://youtube.com/c/kayakasaurus

Kayakasaurus

Quote from: AcroSauroTaurus on March 12, 2016, 06:17:27 AM
Thank you Takama, PainterRex, Acro, and Archinto! I'm glad you're interested, I'd like to mold them after I finish up the two molds I'm working on right now. Fun stuff!

Once I get one of your little Acro's I'll use it in the background of my reviews on my youtube channel, after giving it a review of course. ;) And he can be my little channel mascot. ;D

Looks like I'll have to mold it now lol. Sounds good  :)

Takama

Can you mold the Dunky as well?   And the Chilisaurus?(is that what your calling it now?   i think its perfect for that species)

I now want your Chubbys.   

AcroSauroTaurus

Quote from: Kayakasaurus on March 12, 2016, 06:31:01 AM

My youtube name is the same as my name on the forum, and hence the "Acro" part of my forum/youtube name, it makes sense for me to use our Acrocanthosaurus as my channel mascot. Any suggestions for names for my little Acrocanthosaurus? (I'm calling the Acro "ours" because I suggested it, and you made it, if thats ok. ;)
I am the Dinosaur King!

Archinto

Approach it like Panosh and their Dino M.I.T.E.S. make a bunch of different ones and find a way to make em into boxed sets with dividers n such and give em a series name. They just named the dinos by what they are, nothing fancy. :) id like to see some ceratopsians, pterosaurs, a stego and some ankys :3 oo an anky would be awesome!
I'm seeking Orsenigo and other interesting vintage dinosaurs. Contact me if you can help with my search!

Takama

And name the line PaleoChubz or PaleoChubbys.

Kayakasaurus

Quote from: Archinto on March 13, 2016, 07:15:56 AM
Approach it like Panosh and their Dino M.I.T.E.S. make a bunch of different ones and find a way to make em into boxed sets with dividers n such and give em a series name. They just named the dinos by what they are, nothing fancy. :) id like to see some ceratopsians, pterosaurs, a stego and some ankys :3 oo an anky would be awesome!

I looked up those Dino MITES, and I think it would be a good idea to dye the resin and then do minimal painting, I think they'd look cool. Maybe a rectangular box divided into three squares.

I'm feeling inspired to do an Odobenocetops, it's pretty unknown, and very neat. Looks a lot like a fantasy creature. In the meantime though I have to finish up the kits I'm already working on. I especially want to start casting my Argentinosaurus mold. I can still sculpt the chubbies, but I can't mold them yet. They're definitely part of the line now  :)

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Takama on March 13, 2016, 07:31:48 AM

David Krentz created the name "Chubbies", for use for his own line of prints. It would probably be better to use something else.

Takama

Well i cant think of a Name for them.   I like the idea of the line, and it gives an opportunity to make animals that are too small for the main Protocasts line(which is strictly 1:40 Scale)

I really want to see a Yi in this line, 

Heres my list of Ideas

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1uPVuwugXfzq3NNt0vgcYWsFiKXOzmZQPQa2hlNECktk/pub

Kayakasaurus

Quote from: AcroSauroTaurus on March 13, 2016, 01:55:33 AM

My youtube name is the same as my name on the forum, and hence the "Acro" part of my forum/youtube name, it makes sense for me to use our Acrocanthosaurus as my channel mascot. Any suggestions for names for my little Acrocanthosaurus? (I'm calling the Acro "ours" because I suggested it, and you made it, if thats ok. ;)

You asking about names got me thinking, and I'm naming mine "Puncture" you can use that name as well if you'd like, but I'm guessing I'm the only one who's going to like it LOL. That can be the official name he's released under  :). I was thinking Acro, Acro, Acropuncture sounds like acupuncture and "puncture" is what his 3 little teeth do. It's almost midnight and I'm obviously tired  :))

Kayakasaurus

Quote from: tyrantqueen on March 13, 2016, 07:42:15 AM
Quote from: Takama on March 13, 2016, 07:31:48 AM

David Krentz created the name "Chubbies", for use for his own line of prints. It would probably be better to use something else.

I was thinking about those as the word chubbie has been used, and I agree this should differentiate from that. By the way, I really admire those sculpts, especially the Para.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Takama on March 13, 2016, 07:48:26 AM
Well i cant think of a Name for them.   I like the idea of the line, and it gives an opportunity to make animals that are too small for the main Protocasts line(which is strictly 1:40 Scale)

I really want to see a Yi in this line, 

Heres my list of Ideas

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1uPVuwugXfzq3NNt0vgcYWsFiKXOzmZQPQa2hlNECktk/pub

How about...Pudgies.

Archinto

I think Hatchlings would be a cool name. They have a baby dinosaur look to em for sure!
I'm seeking Orsenigo and other interesting vintage dinosaurs. Contact me if you can help with my search!

AcroSauroTaurus

Quote from: Kayakasaurus on March 13, 2016, 07:53:07 AM
Quote from: AcroSauroTaurus on March 13, 2016, 01:55:33 AM

You asking about names got me thinking, and I'm naming mine "Puncture" you can use that name as well if you'd like, but I'm guessing I'm the only one who's going to like it LOL. That can be the official name he's released under  :). I was thinking Acro, Acro, Acropuncture sounds like acupuncture and "puncture" is what his 3 little teeth do. It's almost midnight and I'm obviously tired  :))

"Acropuncture" would hurt...and probably kill someone... haha! Not a bad name, I might call him that. ;)
I am the Dinosaur King!

Kayakasaurus

Hello Forum members! You may have to regress a little bit to view this, but it turned out just the way I imagined it, so I had to share. I did this to get a laugh out of my Sister, we like to do drawing contests etc. and she's been doing my little pony on her own. This is My Little Parasaurolophus  :))

Kayakasaurus

The Protoceratops has not been abandoned! I've done a lot of resin coating and sanding, so that it's waterproof, and there are no little pointy areas. I've also shaped the feet. Yesterday I sculpted around the temporary eye(bouncy ball) with magic sculpt(epoxy putty). Now I need to replicate the eye sculpting for the other side, and finish up the rest of the head. The epoxy detail will also be coated in resin.

Lanthanotus

Awesome sculpt and the eye looks very vividly :)
What color scheme do you plan for it?

fabricious

Great to see that you're back at it! It's looking really promising, can't wait to see more!

Mamasaurus

That protoceratops looks amazing!  Love the detail around the eye.  :)

I'm also really enjoying the little dino chubs.   :))  That parasaurolophus is perfect! 

Sorry, can't help but like everything you've done so far.  I'm not being patronizing in the least, just can't seem to find very good words aside from awesome and amazing.  ^-^

Images copyrite to Mamasaurus

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: