You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Robin - Goodfellow's Collection ( Collection "Tour" from page 113 )

Started by RobinGoodfellow, March 21, 2015, 11:28:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobinGoodfellow

avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus  : Don't worry, no problem..
English isn't my first language too and I know that even my english isn't perfect.. :-[
But I have to admit that sometimes it's quite hard to me to understand what you're writing in your unusual english (I beg your pardon for this..).
I'm really sorry.
Probably it's a lot more easy for a native english speaking but not for me... :-\
Best Regards

Shonisaurus

I understand, thank you for your words avatar_RobinGoodfellow @RobinGoodfellow  and avatar_ceratopsian @ceratopsian . I will try to express myself as best I can.

ceratopsian

You do fine most of the time. I think of you as a friend.

Shonisaurus

RobinGoodfellow

BoTM Saurornitholestes langstoni (1:6)

..BoTM is a little bit more accurate than Geoworld one..  >:D

Full Res Pictures here:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums/72157698125441674/with/24412174259/

:)

Shonisaurus

Saurornitholestes de BoTM is undoubtedly much better than its Geoworld shares. I really like the figures of BoTM. The bad thing is that they are very expensive and very big to have in my case on shelves.

My congratulations, Robin.

RobinGoodfellow

Papo 2018 Quetzalcoatlus (1:25)

Others Quetz in my collection:

(for info about figures, please follow the link at the end, clicking on picture you're interested)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums/72157660745400349/with/16483643792/

RobinGoodfellow

Collecta 2018 Dimetrodon

..others in my collection..

Flickr Album:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums/72157672005535171/with/32929987622/

Shonisaurus

Robin Papo's quetzalcoatlus is perhaps at least for me the best quetzalcoatlus made to date. I know that for example the quetzalcoatlus of Safari is very good and is very scientific and they are also good from my point of view the quetzalcoatlus of Collecta or Schleich (Humbold Museum) but honestly the one I like the most is Papo's version.

On the other hand dimetrodon that you have are all quite good companies and are very nice but the one I like the most is the resin and obviously the Dimetrodon Safari 2018 regardless that the rest are outstanding paleoartísticas works. Thanks for the photos Robin.

RobinGoodfellow

Sean Cooper (1:20) Ceratosaurus / Painted & Modified (mouth closed) by Martin Garratt

..compared with Collecta 2018 Ceratosaurus..

Other Cerato:

Flickr Album:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums/72157660731574677/with/32783744354/

ceratopsian

Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on July 06, 2018, 07:17:20 PM

Sean Cooper (1:20) Ceratosaurus / Painted & Modified (mouth closed) by Martin Garratt

It's beautiful, both model and paint job.  I like to see a theropod mouth closed for a change too!

Shonisaurus

Quote from: ceratopsian on July 06, 2018, 09:04:56 PM
Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on July 06, 2018, 07:17:20 PM

It's beautiful, both model and paint job.  I like to see a theropod mouth closed for a change too!

Sincerely, the theropod dinosaurs have their charm without the articulated jaws like the ceratosaurus of Battat or the ceratosaurus of Sean Cooper of resin. Totally agree.

PhilSauria

Allowing for the time difference here, but your Papo Quetzalcoatlus images are (as usual) superb and really have me hoping that local supplier Mini Zoo gets these in sooner rather than later! That figure is a must-have for me!

Shonisaurus

I sincerely recommend Papo's quetzalcoatlus is for me the best figure of that kind of pterosaur made so far.

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Shonisaurus on July 07, 2018, 09:55:25 AM
I sincerely recommend Papo's quetzalcoatlus is for me the best figure of that kind of pterosaur made so far.

Quote from: Shonisaurus on July 06, 2018, 05:57:48 PM
Robin Papo's quetzalcoatlus is perhaps at least for me the best quetzalcoatlus made to date. I know that for example the quetzalcoatlus of Safari is very good and is very scientific and they are also good from my point of view the quetzalcoatlus of Collecta or Schleich (Humbold Museum) but honestly the one I like the most is Papo's version.

avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus  : Please, don't write the same comment again and again.. Thank you very much  :)

Shonisaurus

Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on July 07, 2018, 10:04:39 AM

Quote from: Shonisaurus on July 07, 2018, 09:55:25 AM

Quote from: Shonisaurus on July 06, 2018, 05:57:48 PM

avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus  : Please, don't write the same comment again and again.. Thank you very much  :)

Sorry apology @Robin for repeating me. Thanks for your notice. It will not happen again.

RobinGoodfellow

Collecta 2018 Gomphotherium

Others ancient elephants:

(for info about figures, please follow the link at the end, clicking on picture you're interested)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums/72157683552541994/with/23568660985/

tanystropheus

Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on June 30, 2018, 10:13:32 AM
Despite I'm not a JP/JW collector, there are some interesting species in the new Mattel line; so, why not.... ?  ;)

Metriacanthosaurus

Yeah, I've recently started collecting dinosaur toys as well. What are your thoughts on the Metriacanthosaurus? I'm on the fence with that one.

Shonisaurus

Nice prehistoric elephants. Which makes me doubt about Collecta's gomphotherium if it's better than its discontinued counterpart at Bullyland.

I like Collecta's gomphotherium but it has a certain bluish color and that Collecta's licensed hair is not as attractive as other figures from Collecta 2018 in relation to prehistoric animals.

I would like more variety of prehistoric elephants by toy companies. I hope they start making different prehistoric elephants all toy companies and not just Collecta or Eofauna.

Prehistoric elephants are one of my weaknesses when it comes to collecting them. Nice set of elephants samples in your forum Robin.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: