News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Robin - Goodfellow's Collection ( Collection "Tour" from page 113 )

Started by RobinGoodfellow, March 21, 2015, 11:28:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

I congratulate you Robin for your new acquisitions of Vitae I also have these magnificent figures and I am sincerely excited and happy with them.

Hopefully Vitae will begin to make new figures with a larger size, giganotosaurus type.

In my case of the new figures of Vitae the ones I like the most are the wuerhosaurus, sinraptor and zhejiangosaurus perhaps because they are the most voluminous figures of this company behind their emblematic giganotosaurus.

bmathison1972

RobinGoodfellow

..Coming soon on this thread..

What could they be ?  ;)

__

Shonisaurus

They are the resin dinosaurs of Favorite at least the stegosaurus and the diplodocus, I have the stegosaurus and the diplodocus, but the other two figures do not venture to affirm to which company they belong, they also seem to be resin.

The two favorite figures of Favorite I have them together with the rest of Favorite's figures in a three-storey showcase. It cost me 12 years ago the showcase but in it along with other cabinets of my house I have the most fragile and most valuable dinosaurs from my point of view along with fossils among which is as I mentioned several times a fossil of hadrosaurus (composed of vertebrae) and fossils of prehistoric reptiles and prehistoric crocodiles (all totally real) purchased from the Museum Store of Natural Sciences of Madrid.

Thanks for the photos Robin.

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Shonisaurus on September 23, 2018, 11:42:25 AM
They are the resin dinosaurs of Favorite at least the stegosaurus and the diplodocus(..)

Yes, you're right.
They're all from the Favorite Ltd resin line.
First two pictures are from the retired Favorite Oldies by Kazunari Araki line: "1950" Oldies Tyrannosaurus and "Burian" Oldies Brachiosaurus.
The last two are from the regular Desktop line; those two figures are discontinued now: Limited Edition"Bronze Patina" Stegosaurus and Desktop Apatosaurus.

I'm waiting for all four to arrive by mail..

:)

ceratopsian

The Apatosaurus is especially attractive.  It has a wonderful presence.

Roselaar

Still one of the finest Apatosaurs around.

But oh my, what could have disgusted that poor Brachiosaurus so...?

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Roselaar on September 23, 2018, 09:51:47 PM
But oh my, what could have disgusted that poor Brachiosaurus so...?

LOL  :))

I suppose it's because Burian forces the poor Brachio to feed with cold seaweeds without rice (because sushi wasn't invented yet..)  ;)

^-^

RobinGoodfellow

..another vintage book (1980) with lovely paleo-illustrations: "I Dinosauri" ("Dinosaurs & Other Prehistoric Animals") / Mondadori (Usborne Publishing Ltd) / 1980

Cover (Italian)

Illustrations:

Full Res Pictures here:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums/72157673901381618/with/44965218721/

Shonisaurus

avatar_RobinGoodfellow @RobinGoodfellow It is a book of dinosaurs and prehistoric animals "retro" very cool. It is curious to see these books (I have some of them from my childhood) and to check how the scientific interpretation of paleoartists was and the idea that we had about the appearance of dinosaurs very different from the one we have today.

Thanks for sharing.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Lovely retro book, nice to see a Velociraptor from before it was known to be related to Deinonychus. I wonder what made them think Psittacosaurus was the size of a horse though.

-Fixed typo
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

RobinGoodfellow

..I've been really busy these months so I don't have enough time for my usual table top photography..  :'(

Just some previews about figures I ordered:

an unbranded polystone Dire Wolf from China

Kronosaurus by Alexander Belov / Sculpted & Painted by Prey Collection studio

..and, of course, the Urzeitshop' exclusive Microraptor Hunting Eomaia by Sean Cooper / Painted by Martin Garratt

On this thread soon...  ;)

Shonisaurus

avatar_RobinGoodfellow @RobinGoodfellow The microraptor and eomania exclusive model of urzeitshop.de is a beautiful and elegant prehistoric set. I congratulate you for having such kind of figures. In my case I can not afford those luxuries.

RobinGoodfellow

..finally I have some time to take pictures about new figures in my collection..

First one is Apatosaurus (1:50) from the Favorite Desktop Model resin line.
This figure is now discontinued.  :-\

The old Favorite Softmodel S1 pvc Apatosaurus is inspired by this resin figure:

Full Res Pictures here:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums/72157652797169372/with/21670028631/

RobinGoodfellow

Another rare and discontinued model from Favorite: "Oldies 1950" Brachiosaurus by Kazunari Araki

..and the inspiration: paleo-illustrator Zdenek Burian

Full Res Pics here:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums/72157695705040245

RobinGoodfellow

NEW ACQUISITION

AAA Dodo

..with friends from Papo & Safari..

Other ancient birds:

(for info about figures, please follow the link at the end, clicking on picture you're interested)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums/72157660163862768/with/25018931508/

Shonisaurus

Thanks for sharing Robin.

The Apatosaurus of Favorite both resin and Soft Model PVC are exceptionally nice and with a very good finish you can see the similarity between them.

Favorite "retro" brachiosaurus is a rare resin figure in the market, I'm glad you have it among your shelves.

Regarding dodos, I like them all, but the AAA dodo is a great figure, even bigger than its Papo and Safari counterparts. On the other hand beautiful birds of terror and moa are all great.

Magnificent and excellent photos are all a beauty within the figures of paleoart in resin sculpture and toy. My congratulations.

RobinGoodfellow

Favorite "Oldies" 1950 Tyrannosaurus by Kazunari Araki: my "Oldies" collection is now complete  ^-^

The OLDIES Collection

(for info about figures, please follow the link at the end, clicking on picture you're interested)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums/72157695705040245/with/27598901768/

..and some T Rex from Favorite Desktop line:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums/72157663485444985/with/26733450447/

RobinGoodfellow

..another unbranded ( Mnotht ??) Dire Wolf (1:6) from China: a solid polystone figure  8)

Full Res Pics here:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums/72157675116236898/with/42343055090/

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: