You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Robin - Goodfellow's Collection ( Collection "Tour" from page 113 )

Started by RobinGoodfellow, March 21, 2015, 11:28:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobinGoodfellow

First picture of 2016: Kanna Dinosaur Center figures ( ... in HDR ....  ;) )

Info about the figures:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums/72157658364013698

^-^

alexeratops

One more question about the photography that I couldn't find on your page. With the 3 lamps on the sides of the light box, do they flash a bright light like a camera or do you just turn them on and it's already that bright? Nice new models by the way!
like a bantha!

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: alexeratops on January 01, 2016, 07:53:03 PM
One more question about the photography that I couldn't find on your page. With the 3 lamps on the sides of the light box, do they flash a bright light like a camera or do you just turn them on and it's already that bright? Nice new models by the way!

I'm really sorry but I didn't fully understand your question ( English isn't my first language...).  :-[
As you can read in the photo thread, I usually do my dino-pictures with 3 neon lamps (left side, right side and over the lightbox).
These are Philips "cool daylight" circular neons 24 Watt ( 1700 lumen).
The lightbox isn't that big ( 40 x 40 x 40 cm / 1,42 ft ) so these lamps are enough....  ::)
The setting on my Canon 5D camera is: ISO 160 / 50mm lens / stop f/22 / shutter speed between 1/8 sec and 2 seconds (it depends...).
Oh, and an heavy tripod of course....   8)
I don't use any flash light: only the Philips neons light.
Did I answer to your question?
Please let me know if you need more technical info.  :)

Bokisaurus

Quote from: RobinGoodfellows on January 01, 2016, 07:15:29 PM

Info about the figures:

^-^
Lovely figures, wish they were more affordable ;)

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Bokisaurus on January 01, 2016, 11:02:22 PM
Quote from: RobinGoodfellows on January 01, 2016, 07:15:29 PM

Info about the figures:

^-^
Lovely figures, wish they were more affordable ;)

I know... :'(
They are resin figures... I bought them directly from Japan and the Customs tax on import is quite high in my Country...  ???
But I like them very much. ^-^

Halichoeres

Quote from: RobinGoodfellows on January 01, 2016, 08:20:57 PM
Quote from: alexeratops on January 01, 2016, 07:53:03 PM

I'm really sorry but I didn't fully understand your question ( English isn't my first language...).  :-[
As you can read in the photo thread, I usually do my dino-pictures with 3 neon lamps (left side, right side and over the lightbox).
These are Philips "cool daylight" circular neons 24 Watt ( 1700 lumen).
The lightbox isn't that big ( 40 x 40 x 40 cm / 1,42 ft ) so these lamps are enough....  ::)
The setting on my Canon 5D camera is: ISO 160 / 50mm lens / stop f/22 / shutter speed between 1/8 sec and 2 seconds (it depends...).
Oh, and an heavy tripod of course....   8)
I don't use any flash light: only the Philips neons light.
Did I answer to your question?
Please let me know if you need more technical info.  :)
I think I understand the question. @Alexeratops: It doesn't flash, the illumination is continuous. You can get the extra bright white background by changing the exposure settings (that's the shutter speed). You want it over-exposed relative to the automatic settings of most cameras (i.e., longer exposure). I hope that helps!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

RobinGoodfellow

Yes, Halicoeres is totally right, the illumination is continuous.
No flash.
Usually I do the right exposure on the dino-figures (right in the still camera) and rise up the white level of the background in postproduction, using Photoshop.
@Alexeratops: You can see how to increase white level in Photoshop in my photographic thread on page 2 ( http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=3562.20 ).
It's simple.
It's a little bit too hard if you need an overexposed white for a video shooting ( for your Youtube video blog, for example ).
You can obtain that using a specific software for video postproduction ( like Blackmagic DaVinci Resolve Lite) but it requires some experience in the postproduction process.   ::)
The other way is to use a semi-transparent white background with a light behind it ( a circular neon is the best lamp for that ).
It isn't a fast setup but the result is really professional.  8)
@Alexeratops: please, post your questions on my photo thread if I wasn't clear enough.  :)

Simon

For just being toys, those Ravensburgers sure are impressive!

suspsy

Yes, I'd like to see those Ravensburgers reviewed by someone.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: suspsy on January 03, 2016, 03:36:59 PM
Yes, I'd like to see those Ravensburgers reviewed by someone.

You can find the Camarasaurus reviewed on the Blog:
http://dinotoyblog.com/2015/02/15/camarasaurus-tip-toi-by-ravensburger/

I'd like to review those models but my english isn't so good...  :-[

RobinGoodfellow

...and now some Velociraptors (feathered and not  ;) ):

Info e Full Flickr Album:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums/72157660731574677

:)

Archinto

Your collection is quite awesome! I stumbled across your collection on Flickr while researching Orsenigo dinosaurs. Your triceratops is rather awesome, I really love it! What an awesome group of figures! I've been out of the loop on modern figures, pretty much stopped on the static models since safari ltd and am amazed by the variety that's out there.
I'm seeking Orsenigo and other interesting vintage dinosaurs. Contact me if you can help with my search!

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Archinto on January 05, 2016, 06:38:33 AM
Your collection is quite awesome! I stumbled across your collection on Flickr while researching Orsenigo dinosaurs. Your triceratops is rather awesome, I really love it! What an awesome group of figures! I've been out of the loop on modern figures, pretty much stopped on the static models since safari ltd and am amazed by the variety that's out there.

The Orsenigo Triceratops is from my chilhood...  ::)
It was my first dinosaur-toy; I remember quite well the little shop where I bought it and the shelf with the complete line of Orsenigo dinos.
I have also the Brontosaurus from Orsenigo but it's heavy damaged.  :'(
I didn't know that Orsenigo was an high collectible line.
It was Mr. Doug Watson told me about Orsenigo after he saw my Triceratops on Flickr.  ^-^
Mr. Watson is a big collector of vintage dino toys too.

Have a nice day  :)

Archinto

This ones face has wonderful detail! Its really a very nice one, and that you kept it that way for so long. What stores sold these? Im curious if they were distributed in america or only in italy? Seeing as i found one here in alaska it seems that maybe they might have been sold in certain catalogs or something. I recently acquired an ankylosaurus, but not inexpensively. It was worth it to have as it is my favorite orsenigo. I will post it on my collection page when it shows up.
I'm seeking Orsenigo and other interesting vintage dinosaurs. Contact me if you can help with my search!

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Archinto on January 05, 2016, 10:13:41 AM
This ones face has wonderful detail! Its really a very nice one, and that you kept it that way for so long. What stores sold these? Im curious if they were distributed in america or only in italy? Seeing as i found one here in alaska it seems that maybe they might have been sold in certain catalogs or something. I recently acquired an ankylosaurus, but not inexpensively. It was worth it to have as it is my favorite orsenigo. I will post it on my collection page when it shows up.

I bought mine in a little toy shop in Milano near the Natural History Museum, here in Italy; I'm talking about 1976 or so.... I was a child...

I'd like to see your Ankylosaurus; I remember it very well from my childhood; I had one too but it was lost long time ago. :'(
If your recent Anky is from an Ebayer from Florida, I know how much you spent for it..  ;)
Congrats.  :)

A curiosity: the Orsenigo Triceratops is a replica of the 1:1 model in the Natural History Museum of Milano:

:)

Archinto

I got a far better deal than his asking price. Im unsure if ebay shows what was really paid to a publc viewing. It was still a bit but not quite that much. His photos arent the best but i will.post some good ones in my thread when i post my marvel dinosaurs. It will be neat to see them side by side. There was quite a difference between the triceratops figures. I am eager to hold it in my hands and admire it against the marvel ankylosaurus i have. I hope that I can find more of these in my travels, they are quite wonderful!

Viking Spawn

Cool Acro pic!  All of those models look good!

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Viking Spawn on January 05, 2016, 06:04:20 PM
Cool Acro pic!  All of those models look good!

...to be honest, the Carnegie Acro is so and so...  ???

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: