News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Robin - Goodfellow's Collection ( Collection "Tour" from page 113 )

Started by RobinGoodfellow, March 21, 2015, 11:28:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Shonisaurus on November 02, 2020, 08:33:59 AM
Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on November 01, 2020, 08:50:49 PM
Quote from: Shonisaurus on November 01, 2020, 08:14:15 PM
avatar_RobinGoodfellow @RobinGoodfellow You don't have to have children either. I also have them on shelves as an ornament, but in this case that type of figure can expel toxic material into the air even if we do not perceive it. I honestly would not like to have that figure in my case, I do not want to endanger my life, I do not trust figures of prehistoric animals of unknown brands from my humble point of view.

I never had any intention to force you to buy anything.
I simply presented my point of view.
Which is why I think your answer is a little bit over the line.
80% of plastic dinosaurs are made in China.
And I'm not totally sure that major brands' plastics are 100% safe, even if CE tested..
( https://clearandwell.com/are-products-made-in-china-inherently-toxic/ )

avatar_RobinGoodfellow @RobinGoodfellow Sorry if I was unintentionally impertinent. I just wanted to give my recommendation regarding that figure. I know that you do not force anyone to buy anything and that your attitude in the DTF is exemplary, apart from an excellent person. Sorry if I have offended you, maybe it's a bit exaggerated but now in my case, I look a lot for my health, sorry.

I'm not offended.. please, don't worry..
^-^

RobinGoodfellow

..browsing my Flickr albums, I noticed that I forgot to portrait a nice figure: Eofauna Atlasaurus

So it's time to show it on my thread:  ;D

Full Res Pics here:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums/72157687466904774/with/50559566166/

(even Eofauna Deinotherium is still missing from my Flickr.. I'm really getting old..  :-\ )

Creature

I love seeing these updates. Your collection is gorgeous, and it's always interesting to see the new figures in context with your existing collection.
Instagram: where I play with dinosaurs, horses, and action figures.

RobinGoodfellow

New Acquisition

I've always wanted to have a decent Deinosuchus.
Well, I have the Sideshow one but it's only half-Deinosuchus..  ;D

Now I found one right scaled with other figures..

What do you think?

..I think I'm satisfied..  ;)

:)

Halichoeres

Quote from: Stolpergeist on November 05, 2020, 07:32:55 PM
Absolutely awesome!
Unfortunately not as pronounced as the iconic skull but still very cool, love how chunky it looks and the size alone makes it worth having.
Which brand is it?

It's the Recur American alligator: https://www.amazon.com/RECUR-Alligator-Crocodile-Collectibles-Collectors/dp/B07RKRJXB4

Not a bad stand-in, but we could use a real Deinosuchus.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Halichoeres on November 05, 2020, 07:48:34 PM
Quote from: Stolpergeist on November 05, 2020, 07:32:55 PM
Absolutely awesome!
Unfortunately not as pronounced as the iconic skull but still very cool, love how chunky it looks and the size alone makes it worth having.
Which brand is it?

It's the Recur American alligator: https://www.amazon.com/RECUR-Alligator-Crocodile-Collectibles-Collectors/dp/B07RKRJXB4

Not a bad stand-in, but we could use a real Deinosuchus.

Yep.
You have an hawk eye  ;)
It's the best available right now..  ;D

Loon

That's actually a pretty good looking figure, but I do like Recur. Whenever I get a classroom, I'll probably have some of their toys. As an American Alligator I actually like the colors more than most other companies' offerings.

RobinGoodfellow

Apart from the name on its belly, Deinosuchus wasn't so different from modern alligators.
The main difference is the size.
And this figure is massive.
So, why not?

Shonisaurus

Although it is no longer available on the market there is also Schleich's deinosuchus, I do not know if it is scientifically accurate but it is also huge. We need a deinosuchus. Please Rebor market one and cancel the cancellation of deinosuchus and sarcosucus! We need both prehistoric crocodiles! Recur's is acceptable but honestly from my point of view deinosuchus and sarcosuchus are still not well represented in the toy world, at least to prehistoric crocodiles (I mean those two species) sincerely they have not yet been done with them Fair enough with the sole exception of Safari's sarcosuchus but that's a bit of a small figure to me. It does not fit my standards of size, but it does fit those of beauty and anatomical and scientific perfection.

RobinGoodfellow

..a deep sea New Acquisition.. "Lord of Abyss"  from Nanmu:

..and others JW style Mosasaurus:

Link:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums/72157671169222185/with/42157706535/

RobinGoodfellow

New Acquisition

PNSO 2020 Lambeosaurus

..with some old fellows..

Full Res Pics here:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums/72157716843590147/with/50589935096/

Shonisaurus

Nice acquisition. For me it is the best made lambeosaurus of all those that exist in the toy dinosaur market.

Justin_

It's interesting that all the older Lambeosaurus figures are in a similar head-down pose. Are they based on a particular fossil specimen, a bit like some Parasaurolophus figures having the same notch in the neural spines over the shoulders?

ceratopsian

Excellent photos.  The head shot gives the Lambeosaurus a beautifully quizzical expression.

RobinGoodfellow

New Acquisition

PNSO 2020 Tuojiangosaurus

..all Thyreophora are created equal (= green)  ;)

Full Res Pics here:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums/72157716843590147

Shonisaurus

Honestly, it must be like that from a scientific point of view, but the tuojiogansaurus without lateral spines in the style of the kentrosaurus seems more aesthetic. I am used to reconstructions of the tuojiogansaurus without lateral spines. It's my favorite thyreophoro this year anyway.

On the other hand, my congratulations Robin, I did not think that the tuojiogansaurus was so bulky and almost as big with respect to its counterpart thyreophoro stegosaurus from Rebor, but as shown in the photograph it is like that and I have verified it with my stegosaurus of that brand .

RobinGoodfellow

I want to pay a tribute to all those brave men who risk their lives every day by being photographed together with all sorts of strange and dangerous prehistoric creatures.
Thank you all.  O:-)

;D

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Your photography shows off the beauty of those new PNSO sculpts really well
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Duna

RobinGoodfellow

For me it's a joy having people watching my pictures.
Thank you all.

^-^

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.