You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Robin - Goodfellow's Collection ( Collection "Tour" from page 113 )

Started by RobinGoodfellow, March 21, 2015, 11:28:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobinGoodfellow

Halichoeres

Quote from: RobinGoodfellows on April 20, 2016, 05:08:43 PM
..a lucky find: Expo Quetzalcoatlus by Colorata

Info e Full Flickr Album:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums/72157656478051694

:)

I love that figure. Did you make the stand yourself?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Halichoeres on April 21, 2016, 05:46:01 AM
Quote from: RobinGoodfellows on April 20, 2016, 05:08:43 PM
..a lucky find: Expo Quetzalcoatlus by Colorata

https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums/72157656478051694

I love that figure. Did you make the stand yourself?

No, the stand is from an old McFarlane Dragon figure....   :)

RobinGoodfellow

This is my first commission to an artist  ( the DTF member Jetoar ):

Paleo-Creatures  1:7  Xenacanthus

I also bought his Tullimonstrum:

Great figures  8)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums/72157663388583710/with/26288484230/

Jetoar

Really awesome photographs  :o. Thanks again RobinGoodfellows ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

RobinGoodfellow

..and now some April new acquisitions...

Toyway WWD Leaellynasaura

Now my WWD collection is complete ( I don't consider the Ornithocheirus because it's impossible to find  :-\ ).
https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums/72157658156595529

Safari "Sue Exposition" Tyrannosaurus and Torosaurus

Linde Sphenacodon, Stegosaurus and Dimetrodon

https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums/72157666955568341/with/26563880725/

See you soon..

LophoLeeVT

check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

tyrantqueen

I thought it was Joosa who was posting those for a second >:D

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: tyrantqueen on April 22, 2016, 09:46:29 AM
I thought it was Joosa who was posting those for a second >:D

...ehhehhh... you're right....  ;)

Viking Spawn

Archinto

The Dimetrodon and Sphenacodon are probably some of the most beautifully sculpted figures from the Linde set in my opinion. The Ramphorynchus is at the top tho, and all the others play a very close third especially the triceratops. Really lovely figures. I love my Linde's.

On your Resaurus stego, Is it the 1997 Resaurus Carnage original version or one of the later Toyway ones? Its marked clearly on the tail if its an original, otherwise just says "made in china". My stego doesnt have the base, and I seem to remember the bases having a sticker on them instead of printing and being made of solid rubber on the originals. Its cool to see all the different variations of the figures :) I have not seen one other than this one with the printed "Stego" on the nameplate. Very awesome!
I'm seeking Orsenigo and other interesting vintage dinosaurs. Contact me if you can help with my search!

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Archinto on April 23, 2016, 10:14:27 PM
The Dimetrodon and Sphenacodon are probably some of the most beautifully sculpted figures from the Linde set in my opinion. The Ramphorynchus is at the top tho, and all the others play a very close third especially the triceratops. Really lovely figures. I love my Linde's.

On your Resaurus stego, Is it the 1997 Resaurus Carnage original version or one of the later Toyway ones? Its marked clearly on the tail if its an original, otherwise just says "made in china". My stego doesnt have the base, and I seem to remember the bases having a sticker on them instead of printing and being made of solid rubber on the originals. Its cool to see all the different variations of the figures :) I have not seen one other than this one with the printed "Stego" on the nameplate. Very awesome!

About Linde, I found a Ramphorynchus on Ebay but it was a bit expensive so I pass.
I found Sphenacodon and Dimetrodon for a good price from a spanish Ebayer.
Honestly I'm not an expert about Linde.
I bought the Linde Sphenacodon because there are few figures of that animal on the market..  :-\
I just add Dimetrodon and Stegosaurus because I liked the sculpt - very vintage -  8)

The Stego's base is made by solid rubber.
It has the printed "Stego" on the side.
Under the base there is a sticker with info:
" Stegosaurus!
  Order: Ornithiscia
  Suborder: Stegosaurus
  Family: Stegosauridae
  Scale: 1:25

Printed on the tail : " 1997 Resaurus Company Inc. "

I bought the figure from a DTF Member.

Archinto

Yes I do remember the offer for that stego coming to you in my thread. :) I am very happy for you that it is genuine. I guess mine probably have the printed nicknames beneath the stickers on my bases, but I am chicken to look in fear of destroying the stickers.

Im not really an expert on Linde's either, I am sure there are different colors they are cast in that signify what year they were released or with what particular type of coffee they came in. Hard to say. I just love how smooth and classic they are. Very beautiful sculpts. I managed to get a good deal on my set because I had a rather large ebay bucks certificate to spend. Made the shock factor of the sale go down a Lot! Granted I still got a really good price, it wasnt no $70 or more like I have seen some full sets go for.... After shipping it was well under $40 for all 8. So a killer good deal seeing as I would never be able to find them here in Alaska second hand. Enjoy them! :)

So, besides Linde and Marx, were there other makers who put out a Sphenacodon? I would think some of the new manufacturers would have done one. If not, I may need to sculpt one...
I'm seeking Orsenigo and other interesting vintage dinosaurs. Contact me if you can help with my search!

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Archinto on April 24, 2016, 08:36:47 AM

So, besides Linde and Marx, were there other makers who put out a Sphenacodon? I would think some of the new manufacturers would have done one. If not, I may need to sculpt one...

For what I know, only Linde and Marx.
Geene Models (Galileo Hernandez) made a prototype but I can't find it on Shapeways ( http://paleoarte.blogspot.it/2011/12/geene-models.html ).

Archinto

Hmm thats odd no one took that one up and made a new model, especially since it was seemingly a popular prehistoric reptile in the 50's.

Thats a pretty cool looking Sphenacodon on that page. Not available for sale yet though I take it?

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Archinto on April 24, 2016, 09:10:49 AM
Hmm thats odd no one took that one up and made a new model, especially since it was seemingly a popular prehistoric reptile in the 50's.

Thats a pretty cool looking Sphenacodon on that page. Not available for sale yet though I take it?

No. That kit is one of Galileo's older ones. It's most likely ooap now, too late to try and get it. His garage kit company also had a bad reputation, to boot.

Archinto

Quote from: tyrantqueen on April 24, 2016, 09:38:07 AM
Quote from: Archinto on April 24, 2016, 09:10:49 AM

No. That kit is one of Galileo's older ones. It's most likely ooap now, too late to try and get it. His garage kit company also had a bad reputation, to boot.

Ahh go figure. Thats too bad, because hes got some really neat looking models.

RobinGoodfellow

Favorite Ancient Fish Softmodel:

Info and Full Flickr Album:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums/72157652797169372

..By the way, Do you prefer the old overexposed white background or the new mid-grey ?

Flaffy

Great photos! Really brings out the fine details!
I like the grey background, its more subtle. ;D 

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: