You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Robin - Goodfellow's Collection ( Collection "Tour" from page 113 )

Started by RobinGoodfellow, March 21, 2015, 11:28:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobinGoodfellow

RobinGoodfellow

The new 2017 Favorite Swimming Spinosaurus by Kazunari Araki:
(Thanks to JPSelection for finding japanese items)

(for info about figures, please follow the link at the end, clicking on picture you're interested)

Full Flickr Album:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums/72157677694628663/with/33456301941/

:)

Lanthanotus

Nice sculpt and and intriguing color schme, the legs look a bit as if the spino would dangle in thin air though....

Do the colors of these new Favorites hold more firm to the figure than on the old ones? I have the series 2 figures and their paint seems to come off fairly easy? :/

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Lanthanotus on March 22, 2017, 11:19:55 AM
Nice sculpt and and intriguing color schme, the legs look a bit as if the spino would dangle in thin air though....

Do the colors of these new Favorites hold more firm to the figure than on the old ones? I have the series 2 figures and their paint seems to come off fairly easy? :/

I have Favorite series 1 & 2 but I never experienced that problem (my models live inside a cabinet)..  ???

RobinGoodfellow

The 2017 Favorite Archaeopteryx by Kazunari Araki:
(Thanks to JPSelection for finding japanese items)

..and a comparison:

(for info about figures, please follow the link at the end, clicking on picture you're interested)

Full Flickr Album:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums/72157668241437076/with/33545584376/

Lanthanotus

Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on March 22, 2017, 11:31:06 AM
[...]

I have Favorite series 1 & 2 but I never experienced that problem (my models live inside a cabinet)..  ???

Thanks RobinGoodfellow,.... got a plesiosaurus and old spino here where the paint is cracked and almost comes off in flakes on several parts :/

RobinGoodfellow

A really complex acquisition (due to the complicated relationship between PNSO and Amazon UK): PNSO Tyrannosaurus "Wilson"

Full Flickr Album:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums/72157677694628663

RobinGoodfellow

New " Temnospondyli " Album on Flickr:

Full Album:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums/72157678714137682

Bokisaurus

Beautiful as always, those amphibians are awesome!

Fenestra

Wow! You've been busy!  ;
The Aerchaeopteryx family group shot is great.
Interesting to see that every company has its own take on what colour the plumage would've been.
It sure makes a nice picture.

Patrx

The new Archaeopteryx is lovely! I wish I liked the Spinosaurus more, but Araki's customary visible fenestrae put me off pretty sharply.

Also, your photographs really are a cut above. Do you use Photoshop's HDR tool for all of them?

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Patrx on March 22, 2017, 07:24:00 PM
Do you use Photoshop's HDR tool for all of them?

No. I have a standard trip into Photoshop's functions for my collection's pictures.
1) LIGHTS/SHADOWS.
2) CURVES.
3) EXPOSITION.
4) TON/SAT
5) VIVID
6) SHARP MASK

I use HDR for pictures outside my light-box.

I'd like to explain the full trip in my thread about photography.
I asked about that once but (I remember) you were the only one interested so....  :-\

p.s The light inside a light-box is very soft and smooth so HDR is useless.

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on March 22, 2017, 07:42:42 PM
Quote from: Patrx on March 22, 2017, 07:24:00 PM
Do you use Photoshop's HDR tool for all of them?

No. I have a standard trip into Photoshop's functions for my collection's pictures.
1) LIGHTS/SHADOWS.
2) CURVES.
3) EXPOSITION.
4) TON/SAT
5) VIVID
6) SHARP MASK

I use HDR for pictures outside my light-box.

I'd like to explain the full trip in my thread about photography.
I asked about that once but (I remember) you were the only one interested so....  :-\

p.s The light inside a light-box is very soft and smooth so HDR is useless.

A raw picture directly from my camera and before Photoshop.
I need a very flat setup.
This is optimized for the Photoshop process I use every time for my Flickr Albums.

After Photoshop:

RobinGoodfellow

Papo 2017 Acrocanthosaurus:

(a Papo menaced by a Rebor's Clan..)

Full Flickr Album:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums/72157677694628663

Shonisaurus

Robin is the acrocanthosaurus of Papo. Thanks for sharing these wonderful photos with the forum members! It shows that this figure of Papo 2017 is one of my favorites by far and one of the star figures along with ceratosaurus.  ^-^

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Shonisaurus on March 24, 2017, 04:42:04 PM
Robin is the acrocanthosaurus of Papo. Thanks for sharing these wonderful photos with the forum members! It shows that this figure of Papo 2017 is one of my favorites by far and one of the star figures along with ceratosaurus.  ^-^

You're welcome  :)

RobinGoodfellow

Papo 2017 Ceratosaurus:

...meeting old friends...

Full Flickr album:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums/72157677694628663/with/32783744354/

Lanthanotus

Hmm, I thought the rebor one bigger.

I know it wasn't asked, but I post it anyway... I-Toy Ceratosaurus vs Papo Ceratosaurus

And a question... my Papo came standing properly and stable on just its two feet, but I found after two or three days now, it seems to have tilted a bit and now rests on the second finger of its right hand? Anyone else noticed that? It may be that it's just a tad bit too warm where it stands (in 1.80m height next to my husbandry tank for the rough neck monitor).

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Lanthanotus on March 24, 2017, 06:50:27 PM
Hmm, I thought the rebor one bigger.

I know it wasn't asked, but I post it anyway... I-Toy Ceratosaurus vs Papo Ceratosaurus

And a question... my Papo came standing properly and stable on just its two feet, but I found after two or three days now, it seems to have tilted a bit and now rests on the second finger of its right hand? Anyone else noticed that? It may be that it's just a tad bit too warm where it stands (in 1.80m height next to my husbandry tank for the rough neck monitor).

Seeing the photographs of the ceratosaurus I see that I had confused myself in my initial appreciations on this figure. He is a beautiful figure. On the other hand Lanthanotus if you do not stand upright your figure may be a factor that I have observed in figures of collection of Papo or Battat (with the exception of tyrannosaurus), and even Rebor (yutyrannus and ceratosaurus among others) what you need Is that these figures are not rubbed with others. That is to say that these figures are separated to avoid that the plastic deteriorates them.

In short must keep them in a preferred place on a shelf individualized without friction with other animals or figures and said figure will remain in correct position, at least to me has happened. If this strategy does not stand up from my point of view, it is advisable to keep the plastic wrap where the figure is packaged (examples of Collecta deluxe deinocheirus, rajasaurus (Collecta) or acrocanthosaurus (Rebor) (although it is well kept standing) Just in case I keep their bra packing) the same thing happens with the 2017 Safari Feathered tyrannosaurus, I do it to avoid falls with the abrasions and blows that as a consequence bring those problems.

Again thanks to Robin for his photographs that have revealed a figure of ceratosaurus as I say of honor registration and Lanthanotus for sharing those beautiful photographs with their consequent comparisons with dinosaurs from other companies. Thank you!

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Lanthanotus on March 24, 2017, 06:50:27 PM

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

An interesting comparison.
Not a good light for taking photographs but an interesting comparison.  ;)

----------------------------

Papo's plastic is quite flexible and it can bend in medium-hot places.
I noticed that too..  :-[

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: