News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Doc Ronnie's Dino Book Collection and TV Exposure

Started by docronnie, April 05, 2015, 04:43:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

docronnie

Quote from: HunterKiller on June 19, 2015, 08:36:36 AM
Whoah is the video on youtube? I'd be interested to see that.

Yes it is, but it's the one my wife took from her cellphone. I don't know if AHA have already posted the segment.
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

Doug Watson

I love the shots with you and your collection, unfortunately the video is blocked to Canada for copyright reasons.

pylraster

Quote from: docronnie on June 17, 2015, 06:34:17 PM
Thanks a lot pylraster! :-)

It seems you're the only one, who's shown appreciation around here.  Well this is a start indeed.

BTW,  AHA have not returned my books yet.  Oh well. ....:-)

Think you can talk some local stores into carrying Safari, Collecta, Papo or other brands Docronnie? I think they're missing out on a lot if they think Schleich is the best. ;)

HunterKiller

Quote from: docronnie on June 19, 2015, 02:37:36 PM
Whoah is the video on youtube? I'd be interested to see that.

Yes it is, but it's the one my wife took from her cellphone. I don't know if AHA have already posted the segment.

I dont see the link posted. Was it in your original post?

EDIT : Ok i'm a dunce, I just saw it. I noticed that you had a good laugh at the host guy messing up the dino names (Stego ROAR us?). Real cool tv spot there. Too much plugging of JW though, I wish they had shown more of your collection rather than a movie clip show.

docronnie

Quote from: Doug Watson on June 19, 2015, 02:49:58 PM
I love the shots with you and your collection, unfortunately the video is blocked to Canada for copyright reasons.d

I see.. Thanks Doug! :-)

docronnie

Quote from: pylraster on June 19, 2015, 03:11:18 PM
Quote from: docronnie on June 17, 2015, 06:34:17 PM
Thanks a lot pylraster! :-)

It seems you're the only one, who's shown appreciation around here.  Well this is a start indeed.

BTW,  AHA have not returned my books yet.  Oh well. ....:-)

Think you can talk some local stores into carrying Safari, Collecta, Papo or other brands Docronnie? I think they're missing out on a lot if they think Schleich is the best. ;)

There's no harm in trying. l like to see Collecta again in our toy stores. :-)

docronnie

Quote from: HunterKiller on June 20, 2015, 12:24:37 PM
Quote from: docronnie on June 19, 2015, 02:37:36 PM

I dont see the link posted. Was it in your original post?

EDIT : Ok i'm a dunce, I just saw it. I noticed that you had a good laugh at the host guy messing up the dino names (Stego ROAR us?). Real cool tv spot there. Too much plugging of JW though, I wish they had shown more of your collection rather than a movie clip show.

Excellent observation, Hunterkiller! They asked me many personal questions related to my collection, which were not included in the segment.

They concentrated on the movie and the theme park. My book was also featured as a prop, which until now, they have not returned. :(

But still, it's better than nothing and it's a start. :-)

docronnie

Here's the WWD book that I bought a few years back:

Walking with Dinosaurs A Natural History - Tim Haines - 1999

My latest:

Mammoths & Mastodons of the Ice Age - Adrian Lister - 2014

There's still another dino book, I forgot to include.  Next time, maybe.  :)

docronnie

docronnie

A few additions:

A gift from my brother.  It is from 1963.