News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Daily LOLZ

Started by ITewan, April 29, 2012, 06:19:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Takama

tyrantqueen

Just a poor choice of words. I think by "realistic" they meant they wanted something that was as detailed as the creature shown in the film. The official Hasbro toy is pretty poor. I do not think they were asking for something that was anatomically accurate, especially given that it is a fictitious creature.

I don't care about the Jurassic World toys, but if this person wants an Indominus rex toy, what's wrong with that? It's not like Schleich has been putting out anything worth buying as of late anyway (aside from maybe their Kentrosaurus).

Takama

I have no problem with accuracy, its the fact that there asking a company known for making real animals to make a fictitious one for there line of REAL animals is what irritates me.     

This is why i hate the Indominus Rex. Because people dont care about the real ones anymore, they always want the fake one. ::)

stargatedalek

I think Schleich making real animals is the real lol here ;D

Rain

In all fairness, Schleich's theropods are pretty much "hollywood abominations" anyway.

Kayakasaurus

A look at any of Shleich's theropods will show they don't use real references, Its like they just google "awesome dinosaur" and then send that to a cartoonist who sketches the draft. Their Giganotosaurus looks like they were experimenting with all the different digital textures they could try. It's not like their Dinosaurs are the worst, but when you compare them with all the great detailed sculpts they do of other animals, there is a strong contrast. Shleich can also do very nice paint jobs... When they feel like it. I think it's their inconsistency that bothers me. It really isn't hard to make a dinosaur that is accurate, there are Skeletals freely available on the internet! Shleich's resources aren't limited either, they use both 3D printed sculpts as well as traditional. not to mention real dinosaur designs are way cooler than Shleich's versions.

I would be happy to do sculpts for schleich, free of charge, I may be an amateur, but  I think my German ancestry qualifies me for the job. I may have to fly over there and straighten them out  :))
Protocasts Dinosaur Models http://youtube.com/c/kayakasaurus

Halichoeres

Quote from: Takama on January 06, 2016, 12:32:58 AM

Well, that didn't really seem necessary. There are more accurate dinosaur figures than ever on the market. By my count, the major static figurine companies have announced 5 new maniraptoran figures for 2016, and four of them are feathered. Last 4th of July, I asked a kid at the park whether birds were dinosaurs and both he and his dad said, "Of course!" I don't think Indominus is doing any serious harm.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

tyrantqueen

QuoteWell, that didn't really seem necessary. There are more accurate dinosaur figures than ever on the market. By my count, the major static figurine companies have announced 5 new maniraptoran figures for 2016, and four of them are feathered. Last 4th of July, I asked a kid at the park whether birds were dinosaurs and both he and his dad said, "Of course!" I don't think Indominus is doing any serious harm.

Yeah, it came across as a bit pushy...

CityRaptor

I don't think they could make a good I.rex anyways. Now Papo on the other hand could pull it off.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Viking Spawn

Quote from: CityRaptor on January 06, 2016, 07:28:13 AM
I don't think they could make a good I.rex anyways. Now Papo on the other hand could pull it off.

Agreed!!!!  Papo would definitely have my vote!

Rain

Quote from: Halichoeres on January 06, 2016, 03:39:38 AM
Quote from: Takama on January 06, 2016, 12:32:58 AM

Well, that didn't really seem necessary. There are more accurate dinosaur figures than ever on the market. By my count, the major static figurine companies have announced 5 new maniraptoran figures for 2016, and four of them are feathered. Last 4th of July, I asked a kid at the park whether birds were dinosaurs and both he and his dad said, "Of course!" I don't think Indominus is doing any serious harm.

Yep. Also, it's not like they can even make one if they wanted to. So really, your comment doesn't accomplish much either than put a mother/father down. As your comment did come off as a bit rude

Arul

The most important is...if schleich finally made an indominus rex...
someone have to review it  ::)

Rain

Quote from: Arul on January 06, 2016, 11:37:57 PM
The most important is...if schleich finally made an indominus rex...
someone have to review it  ::)

They can't even if they wanted to. If they did, they'd get sued by universal or whoever owns the rights to it

Takama

Honestly i never thought i get this much hate by posting this.

Yes i know that Schlichs models are not accurate, but your all talking to a man who actually COLLECTS the darn things, and would rather see them do more Fake Dinosaurs based on Real Dinosaurs, instead of Fake Dinosaurs based on fake monsters like the Indominus Rex.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Takama on January 07, 2016, 12:12:39 AM

Yes i know that Schlichs models are not accurate, but your all talking to a man who actually COLLECTS the darn things, and would rather see them do more Fake Dinosaurs based on Real Dinosaurs, instead of Fake Dinosaurs based on fake monsters like the Indominus Rex.

I don't see any hateful language.

Honestly your original comment was the aggressive one. It was just a parent who wanted to buy a toy from a movie they liked for their kid. And you kind of jumped all over it.

LophoLeeVT

i agree with taamas idea, but she is going a bit over thr top, takakma.
check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

Takama

Quote from: tyrantqueen on January 07, 2016, 01:49:23 AM
Quote from: Takama on January 07, 2016, 12:12:39 AM

I don't see any hateful language.

Honestly your original comment was the aggressive one. It was just a parent who wanted to buy a toy from a movie they liked for their kid. And you kind of jumped all over it.

Perhaps Hate is the wrong word :-[ MAybe i should say Negativity.    It just pains me to see people actually want a company like Schlich to produce a Dinosaur that never ever existed, instead of taking an interest in any of the hundreds of species that are known to science.   Like that Barapasaurus that I just Discovered. I rather see them do more Animals like that, then something that was made to make dinosaurs look obsolete.

I suggested to her that if she wants a Realistic I.Rex then she should ask a company like Neca. Someone that specializes in movie monsters.

CityRaptor

Technically they already have something rather I.rex-like.

Not a perfect match but at least I think that it looks more like an I.rex than the Velociraptor they claim it to be.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

LophoLeeVT

if some one painted it white that is.
check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

Arul

I just found it on 9gag this morning, this man must be fun at the party  ???

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: