You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Dinosaur Toy Forum Diorama Contest 2015

Started by DinoToyForum, April 26, 2015, 06:03:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arul

Quote from: Mitko on September 17, 2015, 04:33:03 PM
Arul, there are actually 10 days to go. 17+7=24, 17+10=27, right? :D

Hahhh you right, shame on me  :-[ now 9 days to go in a few minutes  :)) hope this year will bigger, better, more breathtaking than before  :)) thank you Dr.Admin

Megalosaurus

Hello.
If I submit a vertical image, should it be 1000px wide or 1000px tall?
Thanks.
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Megalosaurus on September 18, 2015, 10:57:20 PM
Hello.
If I submit a vertical image, should it be 1000px wide or 1000px tall?
Thanks.

1000px wide.

DinoToyForum

tasosaurusGR

Is there a way to know if my submition is valid ?

Arul

Quote from: tasosaurusGR on September 20, 2015, 01:05:52 PM

You will get a confirmation directly from admin after you submit your photo :)

DinoToyForum

Quote from: tasosaurusGR on September 20, 2015, 01:05:52 PM

You should've received a confirmation email by now, let me know if you haven't.  O:-)

tasosaurusGR

I just checked my mail and I have received a confirmation :). Thanks for your answers.

CrazyForCretaceous

Quote from: laticauda on September 17, 2015, 10:46:15 PM
Even with being told, hey it's ok to vote for yourself, I don't know if I could do it.  Enough about policy, let's get ready for some fun.  I am really excited for this years entries.  There is a palpable buzz of excitement that goes through the community during this time of the year and it is hard not to get swept up into it.  Seeing everyone's entries for the first time is so much fun, I'll be with my kids, looking through the entries together , and enjoying the hard work that people have put into there entries.

I think that this competition should be about the entries, not about winning a prize or getting the most votes.   I like to see all of the entries that people put in, and they help me to become better at making dioramas myself.  I found the forum after I stumbled across the blog a few months before last year's competition.  I'm really excited to see everyone's entry this year.  I looked back at entries and winner from years past, and it's really cool to see how much the contest as grown since 2008!  Good luck to everyone!

Simon

Quote from: CrazyForCretaceous on September 21, 2015, 06:27:50 PM
Quote from: laticauda on September 17, 2015, 10:46:15 PM
Even with being told, hey it's ok to vote for yourself, I don't know if I could do it.  Enough about policy, let's get ready for some fun.  I am really excited for this years entries.  There is a palpable buzz of excitement that goes through the community during this time of the year and it is hard not to get swept up into it.  Seeing everyone's entries for the first time is so much fun, I'll be with my kids, looking through the entries together , and enjoying the hard work that people have put into there entries.

I think that this competition should be about the entries, not about winning a prize or getting the most votes.   I like to see all of the entries that people put in, and they help me to become better at making dioramas myself.  I found the forum after I stumbled across the blog a few months before last year's competition.  I'm really excited to see everyone's entry this year.  I looked back at entries and winner from years past, and it's really cool to see how much the contest as grown since 2008!  Good luck to everyone!

Agree 100%.  The real kick for me is seeing the artistry of the membership in their dioramas. Don't really care who wins....

jooooo

I sent my pic as 1000 tall but 563wide, is that okay?

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Jonagold2000 on September 22, 2015, 01:47:28 PM
I sent my pic as 1000 tall but 563wide, is that okay?

Yes, as long as it doesn't exceed 1000px wide, but be careful not to gave away which diorama is yours by giving the proportions ;)

jooooo

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Jonagold2000 on September 22, 2015, 06:48:30 PM
Is it ok if i send a 1000px wide version?

If it is exactly the same in every other way, yep.

Mr. Challenger

I sent my diorama picture! I feel really nervous  ;D

Good luck to everyone  ^-^

Nebuloid

Oops guess I have to hurry up with my diorama, had a few ideas but they were all too ambitious...

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Nebuloid on September 23, 2015, 01:23:19 PM
Oops guess I have to hurry up with my diorama, had a few ideas but they were all too ambitious...

Hope you participate, don't leave it too late! :)

Tyto_Theropod

Same. I ended up choosing a spontaneous picture from a shot that had come out really well and just wowed me when I unloaded my memory card and viewed it on the laptop. Doubt it'll win though, up against all the intricately planned stuff that people have been submitting in the last few years, which seriously just blows you away. But in my opinion it's not about winning. It's about participating and having fun! ;)
UPDATE - Where've I been, my other hobbies, and how to navigate my Flickr:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9277.msg280559#msg280559
______________________________________________________________________________________
Flickr for crafts and models: https://www.flickr.com/photos/162561992@N05/
Flickr for wildlife photos: Link to be added
Twitter: @MaudScientist

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Tyto_Theropod on September 24, 2015, 10:45:10 AM

But in my opinion it's not about winning. It's about participating and having fun! ;)

This! I'm participating, even though I've no chance of winning. Even if I did win, I'd obviously forfeit the prize, because as the organiser it'd just be weird. I'm purely in it for the fun. Which is the same reason why I organise the contest in the first place. The more the merrier, it's all about the community, don't be scared to participate.  :D

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: