News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Antelopes and the likes!

Started by postsaurischian, April 29, 2012, 07:27:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bokisaurus

Quote from: paleoferroequine on May 24, 2012, 08:55:04 PM
OK, here's the extinct muskox, Bootherium bombifrons or Harlan's muskox. Middle to late Pleistocene of North America, went extinct 11,000 years ago. Started out as a Schleich Scottish Highland Bull with head changes and longer legs.

Wow, another mouth-watering piece! Thats a really cool figure!
Hey, have you done a Sivatheres yet? I think that would be so awesome,using any of the okapi figures, yes? If you ever want to accept commission work, let me know, I really love your work, and really would love a sivathere :)

paleoferroequine

Quote from: Bokisaurus on May 25, 2012, 07:04:27 AM
OK, here's the extinct muskox, Bootherium bombifrons or Harlan's muskox. Middle to late Pleistocene of North America, went extinct 11,000 years ago. Started out as a Schleich Scottish Highland Bull with head changes and longer legs.

Hey, have you done a Sivatheres yet? I think that would be so awesome,using any of the okapi figures, yes? If you ever want to accept commission work, let me know, I really love your work, and really would love a sivathere :)

So far the closest I've made is Giraffokeryx punnjabiensis based on the okapi. But Sivatherium itself is bulkier and would require a different base or work on the okapi. Plus it is a lot bigger. :o  I remember a while back you made a Climacoceras gentryi and Birgerbohlinia. and were thinking of doing a Sivatherium. I guess you didn't make one though. I find the biggest problem is lack of size reference on many of these. But I do have some okapi to work with along with many deer conversions and dinos also. Whew!! :P

HKHollinstone

These are awesome customs, beautifully done!!

paleoferroequine

Quote from: HKHollinstone on May 27, 2012, 06:45:47 AM

These are awesome customs, beautifully done!!
Well, thanks. Coming from you thats a real compliment. I really admire your Gemsbok that you sculpted.

Bokisaurus

Herd of 2012 Sable Figures!
[

Safari and MoJo

Mojo

Safari

Schleich and Papo Yak

Papo African Buffalo

Himmapaan

Do I commit an act of heresy when I say that the Mojö sable is superior to the Safari?

HKHollinstone

Nice collection!!
Quote from: Himmapaan on May 27, 2012, 09:55:49 PM
Do I commit an act of heresy when I say that the Mojö sable is superior to the Safari?
Well, I think he is - I don't really like the safari one.  The Mojo Sable also joined my collection quite recently, he's gorgeous.

Bokisaurus

Quote from: HKHollinstone on May 28, 2012, 06:55:01 AM
Nice collection!!
Quote from: Himmapaan on May 27, 2012, 09:55:49 PM
Well, I think he is - I don't really like the safari one.  The Mojo Sable also joined my collection quite recently, he's gorgeous.

I agree with both of you, the Safari one is the weakest of the four versions. Surprisingly, the Mojo is really well done :D

Bokisaurus

Oh, I have recently became fascinated with African Buffalos, so I hunted and got some of the available figures from the Major companies.
Here is the entire herd I currently have

[

Oh, and got these lovely donkey and horse from Mojo >:D
[

HKHollinstone

Quote from: Bokisaurus on May 29, 2012, 07:07:03 AM
Oh, I have recently became fascinated with African Buffalos, so I hunted and got some of the available figures from the Major companies.
Here is the entire herd I currently have
Nice collection Boki!

I have a copy of the original Fjord horse from Anna Dobrowolska-Oczko who designed all of Mojo's 2012 horses.
Here's mine handpainted by Anna to my specifications :)

postsaurischian

Quote from: HKHollinstone on May 30, 2012, 07:11:50 AM
I have a copy of the original Fjord horse from Anna Dobrowolska-Oczko who designed all of Mojo's 2012 horses.

:D Wow - Anna's working for Mojö - I didn't know that!
What a beautiful figure. Will it be my first horse in the collection?
Wait - there's one in Kaiyodo's Natural Monuments series. It looks pretty similar.
So ... will this be the second horse in my collection?

I hope Mojö will let Anna do other animals as well in the future :).

P.S.: I see the day coming when you'll enter that stage as well, Harriet ;).

HKHollinstone

Quote from: postsaurischian on May 30, 2012, 06:23:14 PM

Wait - there's one in Kaiyodo's Natural Monuments series. It looks pretty similar.

It's fantastic isn't it!  I'm itching to see next years releases from Anna.  The Fjord was based on an STS member's real Fjord, called Izzy.

That would be a dream come true, me working for an animal figurine company, it would be great :) 

Bokisaurus

Quote from: HKHollinstone on May 30, 2012, 10:51:56 PM

It's fantastic isn't it!  I'm itching to see next years releases from Anna.  The Fjord was based on an STS member's real Fjord, called Izzy.

That would be a dream come true, me working for an animal figurine company, it would be great :)

Who is Anna? Is she the one who made the Gaur and Eland (if I remember way back )?Yes, that horse she did is super Awesome!I hope she does some of the ungulates and antelopes, too. Someone needs to release a Gaur, its such an awesome beast!

Oh, and with your talent, I can so see you working for one! You should investigate :)

HKHollinstone

Quote from: Bokisaurus on June 02, 2012, 05:05:44 PM
Quote from: HKHollinstone on May 30, 2012, 10:51:56 PM

Who is Anna? Is she the one who made the Gaur and Eland (if I remember way back )?Yes, that horse she did is super Awesome!I hope she does some of the ungulates and antelopes, too. Someone needs to release a Gaur, its such an awesome beast!

Oh, and with your talent, I can so see you working for one! You should investigate :)
:))

Yes, Anna made the Eland and Gaur, here's her site http://www.aanimal-gallery.com/Animal_figures/Animal_figures.html she and I are making a pair of Nyala antelopes in 1:22 scale.  You can see the male under "works in progress", she hasn't made his horns yet.

Metallisuchus

You two make some of the best antelopes I've seen yet. I'm really keeping my fingers crossed for an Addax one day ::hint hint::

Himmapaan

Quote from: Metallisuchus on June 02, 2012, 08:55:30 PM
You two make some of the best antelopes I've seen yet. I'm really keeping my fingers crossed for an Addax one day ::hint hint::
Oh, I'd love an addax!

HKHollinstone

Thank you!  Ha, it's funny you should say that because it's on my "to make" list.

SBell

Quote from: HKHollinstone on June 03, 2012, 08:25:11 AM
Thank you!  Ha, it's funny you should say that because it's on my "to make" list.

Ever put any prehistoric ungulates on your "to make" list?

Metallisuchus

Oh I'd like to see that list! For some reason, I'm really wanting oryx/antelope figures. And to think, a month ago I had little to no interest in collecting extant figures. I think seeing your figure of the oryx changed that. :D

HKHollinstone

Quote from: SBell on June 03, 2012, 04:43:06 PM

Ever put any prehistoric ungulates on your "to make" list?
I've only made one prehistoric mammal and it was an Anancus, here's a photo http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-nj04JSh1JWY/TxMwx8fdGlI/AAAAAAAAC34/TAfU3BdBngQ/s1600/Anancuspainted22.jpg  there's more images on my blog here if you scroll down a bit http://hkhollinstone.blogspot.co.uk/p/dasclay-models.html

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: