News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Safari Toob Dreams (Pipe Dreams?)

Started by Halichoeres, May 06, 2015, 07:46:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

Thylacosmilus understand that should enter into prehistoric Australian animals and not within the saber-toothed tigers.

Or thylacoceo (marsupial lion) should be within the big cats. Moreover within the big cats could also be added the barburofelis, although  not was saber-toothed cat, as Thylacosmilus.

It is my humble opinionn.

Dinoguy2

Quote from: SBell on September 29, 2015, 01:19:20 AM
Quote from: Kovu on September 29, 2015, 12:26:18 AM
I'll preface this by saying I don't actually own any of the Safari toobs (because of the tiny tyrannosaurs and elasmosaurs lol), so my size reference is limited to remembering the ones I had as a kid and lost in the backyard or that I see the in the stores
Either way, a relatively small scaled Deinonychus, Nothosaurus or Dilong I'd go out and buy a toob for.

There's a Nothosaurus in the Prehistoric Marine Reptiles and a Dilong in the Feathered Dinosaurs toobs. No specific Deinonychus though.

The Nothosaurus from the marine toob is actually pretty close to 1:40! It's 1:36 by my calculations. So is the Dolichorhynchops. The rest are all over the place - keeping them all 1:40 even if some are a little smaller, and maybe mixing in some good luck sized figures, would be great.

Does anybody know of any roughly 1:40 figures in the feathered dino or prehistoric croc toobs? I'd probably get those if they had one or two in there.
The Carnegie Collection Dinosaur Archive - http://www.dinosaurmountain.net

SBell

Quote from: Dinoguy2 on October 04, 2015, 10:29:27 PM
Quote from: SBell on September 29, 2015, 01:19:20 AM
Quote from: Kovu on September 29, 2015, 12:26:18 AM
I'll preface this by saying I don't actually own any of the Safari toobs (because of the tiny tyrannosaurs and elasmosaurs lol), so my size reference is limited to remembering the ones I had as a kid and lost in the backyard or that I see the in the stores
Either way, a relatively small scaled Deinonychus, Nothosaurus or Dilong I'd go out and buy a toob for.

There's a Nothosaurus in the Prehistoric Marine Reptiles and a Dilong in the Feathered Dinosaurs toobs. No specific Deinonychus though.

The Nothosaurus from the marine toob is actually pretty close to 1:40! It's 1:36 by my calculations. So is the Dolichorhynchops. The rest are all over the place - keeping them all 1:40 even if some are a little smaller, and maybe mixing in some good luck sized figures, would be great.

Does anybody know of any roughly 1:40 figures in the feathered dino or prehistoric croc toobs? I'd probably get those if they had one or two in there.

I've only done some of the numbers for the crocs toob--from what I can tell, only the Rutiodon (at a mid-length giant size one) or the Desmatosuchus (probably the least-good one) are close to 1:40. The Champsosaurus (assuming C. gigas) and Sarcosuchus are close, at around 1:35-ish.

Halichoeres

Near as I can figure it, nothing from the Feathered Dinos Toob is around 1:40, they're mostly around 1:10 or 1:20. But for the Crocs toob, the Postosuchus is around 1:50, and so is the Dakosaurus, based on the maxima for each species, so a plausible smaller individual would be 1:40. There are some in that neighborhood in the Sharks toob, too.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

SBell

Quote from: Halichoeres on October 05, 2015, 03:07:22 AM
Near as I can figure it, nothing from the Feathered Dinos Toob is around 1:40, they're mostly around 1:10 or 1:20. But for the Crocs toob, the Postosuchus is around 1:50, and so is the Dakosaurus, based on the maxima for each species, so a plausible smaller individual would be 1:40. There are some in that neighborhood in the Sharks toob, too.

It would probably have helped if I'd actually measured instead of estimating the figures' lengths--but the numbers I used (and this time actually measuring):

(Genus  figure(cm) actual(cm) scale

DESMATOSUCHUS   10.5   450   1:43
EUPARKERIA   9.7   60   1:6
CHAMPSOSAURUS (small)   10   150   1:15
CHAMPSOSAURUS gigas   10   350   1:35
DAKOSAURUS   9   400   1:44
MONTEALTOSUCHUS   10   200   1:20
PRISTICHAMPSUS   9.5   300   1:32
SARCOSUCHUS   13   1200   1:92
RUTIODON (small)   9.5   300   1:32
RUTIODON (large)   9.5   800   1:84

CHASMATOSAURUS   9.5   200   1:21
POSTOSUCHUS   10   400   1:40

The ones with a potential 1:40-ish scale are in bold

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Quote from: Halichoeres on October 05, 2015, 03:07:22 AM

The Beipiaosaurus and Protoceratops in the Feathered Dinosaur Toob are close enough to be workable if you're not too picky. Mine are packed away while I move so I can't directly measure to make sure, but I think the Beipiaosaurus probably comes out to something like 1:50 (or a medium sized 1:40 scale individual), while the Protoceratops probably comes out to 1:35 (maybe a very large 1:40 individual).

The Velociraptor and Sinornithosaurus are both obviously nowhere near 1:40, but there are enough dromaeosaurs in enough shapes and sizes that they could easily stand in for other members of the family. And when you consider that oviraptor family range from Gigantoraptor to... well, Caudipteryx, the Toob Caudipteryx most definitely could represent another oviraptorid.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Stuckasaurus on October 05, 2015, 05:49:24 AM

The Beipiaosaurus and Protoceratops in the Feathered Dinosaur Toob are close enough to be workable if you're not too picky. Mine are packed away while I move so I can't directly measure to make sure, but I think the Beipiaosaurus probably comes out to something like 1:50 (or a medium sized 1:40 scale individual), while the Protoceratops probably comes out to 1:35 (maybe a very large 1:40 individual).

The Velociraptor and Sinornithosaurus are both obviously nowhere near 1:40, but there are enough dromaeosaurs in enough shapes and sizes that they could easily stand in for other members of the family. And when you consider that oviraptor family range from Gigantoraptor to... well, Caudipteryx, the Toob Caudipteryx most definitely could represent another oviraptorid.

You're probably right about the Protoceratops, but the Beipiaosaurus and the Dilong are both between 1:20 and 1:25. They could stand in for slightly larger therizinosaurs and tyrannosauroids, respectively, but they're a bit large for 1:40.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

terrorchicken

QuoteBeipiaosaurus and the Dilong are both between 1:20 and 1:25.

are you talking about the ones from the Toob or the Carnegie figures? I didnt think theyd be such small dinos in real life!

Halichoeres

Quote from: terrorchicken on October 06, 2015, 06:18:28 PM
QuoteBeipiaosaurus and the Dilong are both between 1:20 and 1:25.

are you talking about the ones from the Toob or the Carnegie figures? I didnt think theyd be such small dinos in real life!
Definitely the Toob ones! The Carnegie versions are 1:10.

terrorchicken

yeah just checked google. Beipiao was just a bit shorter than an average person.  Dilong about  the size of  medium sized dog.

Georassic

I put the Protoceratops at roughly 1:25, same for the Velociraptor. Otherwise, my measures align with SBell and Halichoeres.

profnik

CarnotaurusKing

Rhinos and Rhino-Mimics:
Hyracodon
Teleoceras
Chilotherium
Paraceratherium
Arsinoitherium
Uintatherium
Woolly rhinoceros
Elasmotherium
Black rhinoceros
Javan rhinoceros

Cenozoic Predators:
Titanis/Kelenken/Phorasracos
Purrussaurus
Smilodon
Cave lion
Thylacosmilus
Hyaenodon
Andrewsarchus
Short faced bear
Pachycrocuta/Dinocrocuta
Dire wolf

Dinosaur Discoveries:
Spinosaurus
Deinocheirus
Brontosaurus
Machairoceratops
Yi
Dreadnoughtus
Barilium
Anchiornis
Galeamopus
Daspletosaurus horneri

Jose S.M.

I would like toobs of different small animals, so that we can get several at the same time and for a comfortable price. New version of the feathered dinosaurs toob but only with feathered dinos, toobs of small-ish prehistoric lizards, fishes, amphibians. Small dinosaurs like ornithopods, early ceratopsians and thinks like that.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.