You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Dreadmanes prehistoric photography

Started by dreadmane, May 29, 2015, 05:40:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gwangi

Quote from: Lanthanotus on June 26, 2018, 04:19:49 PM
Very nice... I especially like, how the grass in this picture resembles some kind of strange fern plant or something like that and does not really remind one of modern botany :)

Thinking the same. Grass usually ruins a diorama but in this case it works splendidly.

dreadmane

Quote from: Gwangi on June 27, 2018, 02:14:05 PM
Quote from: Lanthanotus on June 26, 2018, 04:19:49 PM
Very nice... I especially like, how the grass in this picture resembles some kind of strange fern plant or something like that and does not really remind one of modern botany :)

Thinking the same. Grass usually ruins a diorama but in this case it works splendidly.

Thanks Gwangi! Since you mentioned grass, here is another shot with grass :).

Baby trike
Check out my prehistoric toy/model photography on the Dinosaur Toy Forum here or Instagram here

dreadmane

Check out my prehistoric toy/model photography on the Dinosaur Toy Forum here or Instagram here

dreadmane

Some of my latest shots from a trip to Norway:

River crossing

Sunset

RobinGoodfellow

dreadmane

Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on July 12, 2018, 12:59:37 PM

I really love your photography  8)

Thank you RobinGoodfellow, glad you like them! :)

ceratopsian

Both really pleasing.  You have a way with light!

Bokisaurus

Awesome photos, very creative for sure. Hope you are saving one for the contest! :D

dreadmane

Quote from: ceratopsian on July 12, 2018, 05:17:05 PM
Both really pleasing.  You have a way with light!

Quote from: Bokisaurus on July 12, 2018, 06:04:27 PM
Awesome photos, very creative for sure. Hope you are saving one for the contest! :D

Many thanks Ceratopsian and Bokisaurus for your kind compliments :D

dreadmane

More shots from Norway:

Blazing sunset

Picking up a scent

Jose S.M.

ceratopsian

You have created a highly atmospheric shot with your sunset. What did you use to create the golden light, if you don't mind me asking?

dreadmane

Quote from: Jose S.M. on July 16, 2018, 12:39:09 PM
That sunset shot is beautiful!
Thank you! :)

Quote from: ceratopsian on July 16, 2018, 02:06:03 PM
You have created a highly atmospheric shot with your sunset. What did you use to create the golden light, if you don't mind me asking?
Thanks! I don't mind at all. First I lowered the cameras whitebalance setting to the lowest kelvin I could to get the warm colors. Then to get as many reflections as possible I threw peppbles in the water. Finally I added some contrast in photoshop. Hope it helps :)

ceratopsian

Nimravus

I have already said to you several times, but I love your shots. The Iguanodon's sunset is a masterpiece.

dreadmane

Quote from: Nimravus on July 16, 2018, 08:27:13 PM
I have already said to you several times, but I love your shots. The Iguanodon's sunset is a masterpiece.

Many thanks Nimravus! :)

Heres some more recent shots:

Cretaceous encounter 1-3

dreadmane

More shots from July:

Mountain pass #1

Mountain pass #2

Quetzalcoatlus

Theriz sundown #1

Theriz sundown #2

Takedown

ceratopsian

I love the drama of Theriz Sunset 1.  Also the atmosphere created by Quetzalcoatlus.

ITdactyl

You've always shared awesome photos.. And "takedown" is my favorite...

But looking at "mountain pass", I just have to say I seriously envy your back yard. ;D

Lizerd

I may be late to hop on the boat but wow, those are some amazing photos. Im curious on how you put in the effects of dirt or gravel spray in your pictures. That effect is amazing of how it brings the image to life.
If you wonder where I'm active now, you can find me here- http://www.lustria-online.com/members/lizerd.17772/
It's been a good run here

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: