News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Ugly Ugly Dinosaurs

Started by Horridus, May 01, 2012, 09:25:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alexeratops

Don't know where else to put this.
like a bantha!

Silvanusaurus

Quote from: alexeratops on October 08, 2017, 08:33:14 PM

Wow so the function of the sail, as an anti-gravitational device, has finally been revealed...

alexeratops

Quote from: Silvanusaurus on October 08, 2017, 08:41:24 PM
Quote from: alexeratops on October 08, 2017, 08:33:14 PM
*snip*

Wow so the function of the sail, as an anti-gravitational device, has finally been revealed...

We have also discovered that dimetrodon was 95% air, and weighed merely three pounds, enabling it to fly faster than any other pterosaur.
like a bantha!

Lanthanotus

Quite ugly for a pterosaur indeed...

...but other than that I find that Dimetrodon well interesting.

stargatedalek

Looks like someone wrote the blurb for Dimorphodon instead.

CityRaptor

Yeah. Clearly more of a Palaeofail.

Quote from: tyrantqueen on October 07, 2017, 09:26:12 AM
I like the two headed plush. I like that it has two heads- it reminds me of chinasaurs, and how it's almost a meme with cheap Chinese made dinosaurs to have two heads.

If I saw it in a charity shop I might even be inclined to buy it. Not at full RRP, but as pre-owned I couldn't complain.

Speaking about two heads.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGkJ2IeeIeY
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Takama

Rathalosaurus

Not technically a toy or a model, but I think these fit perfectly:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLRpoVJE0l4
Dude, I very like Dinos and I cannot understand those who don't.

CityRaptor

Quote from: Rathalosaurus on February 14, 2018, 10:00:59 AM
Not technically a toy or a model, but I think these fit perfectly:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLRpoVJE0l4

Oh my. The comment section is full with comments by creationists and people who consider Spinosaurus to be at least six times more dangerous than Tyrannosaurus, based on Jurassic Park III...
Oh no

Ravonium

Quote...and people who consider Spinosaurus to be at least six times more dangerous that Tyrannosaurus

To be fair, if I was presented with someone saying that T. rex looked like that CGI blob shown in the documentary, I would probably be inclined to agree with those comments  ;D

Syndicate Bias

My repaints are pretty hideous if i do say so myself

CityRaptor

Quote from: terrorchicken on October 24, 2019, 12:56:13 AM
fly fly my pretty!
*SNIP*

Well, that one would not die if left on Isla Nublar. It would just lift off and then land on the deck of the Arcadia, probably crushing some people doing so. 
Oh no

Crackington

Now that's what I call a duck-bill!

Saw this on sale at a market in Devon and couldn't resist taking a snap!

Gwangi

My daughter has that toy but in a different color, and there's a whole set that goes with it, including that Parasaurolophus in the picture. They're all atrocious but that duck-bill might be the worst.

DinoFan2010

Found this thing online. Looks like a copy of the JWD Giga with a Velociraptor "Blue" color scheme.

___🦕 🦕 🦖_________

DinoFan2010

___🦕 🦕 🦖_________

Bowhead Whale

Here are two dinosaurs discovered by the famous paeonthologist Ja-Ru: QUADRICEATOPS GYMNOCEPHALUS and NONSENSOSAURUS AURICULUS. Those two species were discovered at Hong Kong in the 1970's. They both lived during the Hypothetic Era. Quadriceratops was a ceratopsian that measured 5 to 6 meters long while Nonsensosaurus was a carnivorous, bipedal nodosaurid.

EmperorDinobot

They get worse and worse the more you go back in time. But history doth tend to repeat itself. I have a nominee:

Halichoeres

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: