News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

What other Prehistoric Reptiles should Safari Make

Started by Takama, June 16, 2015, 03:30:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What Three of these Creatures Should Safari Make

Estemmenosuchus
20 (69%)
Anatosuchus
2 (6.9%)
dimetrodon
7 (24.1%)
arizonasaurus
5 (17.2%)
Rutiodon
8 (27.6%)
Moschops
11 (37.9%)
Araripesuchus
5 (17.2%)
Laganosuchus
3 (10.3%)
Edaphosaurus
16 (55.2%)
Erythrosuchus
3 (10.3%)
Other
8 (27.6%)

Total Members Voted: 29

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Quote from: sauroid on June 17, 2015, 02:05:17 PM
i picked Edaphosaurus, Estemmenosuchus and other (Placerias). i was going to pick Moschops as the third choice but Placerias is more striking looking.

Aww, Placerias! That's what I should've said. I picked Moschops since I was familiar with it, though I was a little hesitant since it has such a conservative shape. My other choices were Edaphosaurus and Estemmenosuchus. How are there NOT widely available figures of these, already?

profnik

wait a minute you forgot to put titanoboa & megalania for wild safari on poll

Sim

Quote from: profnik on September 25, 2015, 09:31:45 PM
wait a minute you forgot to put titanoboa & megalania for wild safari on poll

He didn't forget them.  Before he started these polls (they are from June) Takama had a thread where people could say what they'd like to see from Safari.  He then created polls which had those suggestions.  Adding more species after the poll has been opened is pointless as people who have already voted won't be able to choose the newly added choices if they want to.  It's very likely choices added later on after the poll has been opened will get much less votes as a result.

For these polls to really be effective, there needs to be a period (a week at least) where everyone in the forum can say what they want a company (e.g. Safari) to make.  Then polls can be made with what people have suggested, as opposed to polls only having species chosen by one person.  If there will be a limit to the number of votes in a poll then it's probably best that people only suggest that amount of species too.  A problem with the process last time was that members were allowed to list as many animals as they wanted for only a day before some of the first polls went up.  The polls only allowed 3 votes.  That resulted in some species from long lists some members made getting no votes, while some species some members would have voted for were not in the poll because those members didn't get the chance to give their suggestions before the polls were opened.  It's also good to leave these polls open for a long time so that members get the chance to vote (some members aren't here every day).  The higher the number of people who have voted, the more likely a company is to consider the choices in the poll.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.