News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Name of Old JP Rex Toy?

Started by Alatariel, June 16, 2015, 01:43:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alatariel

I've come across reviews and Ebay listings for the old Thrasher and Bull T Rexes from Kenner, and I recall having had a rather huge Rex of the same sort of soft rubber style that had an official JP logo on it's thigh, but it came with a controller that allowed it to walk (as far as I can remember the electronics on it either already didn't work when I got it or went out shortly after). I have a rather vivid memory of begging my mother to buy it for me when I happened across it in the flea market one day when I was around 6 or 7, so I'm assuming it's from the first or second movie lines, if it had made it's way there? I can't seem to find anything on it online, and I was wondering if anyone here knew what it was called? I'm planning on searching through all the old toys at my aunt's house, because I think it might be there, and I mainly just want to know for nostalgic reasons in case I can't find it- that darn thing was one of my favorite toys that I ever owned, and towered above my countless other dinos, even though it didn't work and the batteries it came with had leaked all through the compartment (it seems like that was a common occurrence with JP toys of the time?).
Anyone know?
Icon credit: © Davide Bonadonna

Blade-of-the-Moon

The only RC Rex I recall for JP was The Lost World one :

http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Lost-World-Jurassic-Park-Tyrannosaurus-rex-RC-no-controller-for-display-/111692962702?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1a016b5b8e

They weren't very durable, you can find them with a wired controller, but many times the controller is removed for play after the animation quit working.

Alatariel

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on June 16, 2015, 05:34:18 PM
The only RC Rex I recall for JP was The Lost World one :

http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Lost-World-Jurassic-Park-Tyrannosaurus-rex-RC-no-controller-for-display-/111692962702?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1a016b5b8e

They weren't very durable, you can find them with a wired controller, but many times the controller is removed for play after the animation quit working.

That's it, thank you! And yeah, I remember cutting the wire off mine because the controller started leaking battery acid everywhere.
Icon credit: © Davide Bonadonna

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.