News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Thagirion's Collection

Started by Thagirion, May 02, 2012, 09:53:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thagirion

Malidicus and I have been setting up shelves in his game room to display our different collections. I get two of the shelves for my dinos. Right now I'm going through all my Jurassic Park stuff first.  I LOVE JP and have collected nearly all my favorite figures and toys.  There are only two things I'm missing to consider my collection complete:  The Compound and the Capture Copter.  I want them complete with the compound having the eggs and flames(since that what seems to be missing them more) and the copter to come with the net and blades.  Here's some of what I do have unearthed.

Dr. Grant series I by Thagirion3, on Flickr

Grant is my favorite character. He's well made if only it weren't for that chest.

Ellie Sattler series I by Thagirion3, on Flickr

Tim with Brachiosaur baby series I by Thagirion3, on Flickr

Ian Malcolm with baby galamimus series II by Thagirion3, on Flickr

This is the best JP human figure ever made. Malcolm is my second favorite character but I like his action figure best because it's the one that looks the most like him. Most accurate over all. This one came out with series 2 and it's amazing they made such a good figure because by series 2 the characters were already taking a turn for the worse

Robert Muldoon with baby T-rex series i by Thagirion3, on Flickr

Oh come on, this is not Muldoon. Muldoon didn't look anything like this guy. Well at least he's not as bad as Nedry.  I only got him because I didn't think they'd make a better one in series II. Luckily they did and they corrected their mistake. I like the T-rex.

Dennis Nedry and baby Dilophosaurus by Thagirion3, on Flickr

WTF? This is NOT Nedry. Nedry's a fat guy. This guy's too skinny.  And his face is all wrong. And what's with those shade? What's he trying to be some sort of secret agent?  Hehe.

Ugh, one of the worst figures and they never made a better on in later series. At least he comes with a dilophosaurus appropriately.

Robert Muldoon series II w/ baby raptor by Thagirion3, on Flickr

I love this figure. So much better than the original. The raptor baby is really cute too. I like it much better than the T-rex.  Muldoon really looks like himself now.

Robert Muldoon Fraternal Twins by Thagirion3, on Flickr

Muldoon II to Muldoon I: You idiot. You have to be idential twins with someone to sneak in and take their job. Not Fraternal.

Hehe, I had to have the face off of the two Muldoons. Series II on the left is far superior. They're going to fight. Even their dinosaurs are going tofight. This time Raptor is evenly matched for size with T-rex. 

I wanted to show the side views of these two figures. Even from the side Muldoon II looks so much more like his movie counterpart. Well done Kenner!

Raptor hatchling boxed front by Thagirion3, on Flickr

I LOVE this. This is one of my favorite JP toys.

Raptor Hatchling opened by Thagirion3, on Flickr

The eyes are the coolest thing. He's always looking at you even if you turn him. They never made egg babies as well after this one.

JP Bush Devil Tracker Jeep by Thagirion3, on Flickr

Jungle Explorer side by Thagirion3, on Flickr

And now for fun.

What's there to be scared of? by Thagirion3, on Flickr

Ian FREEZE!! by Thagirion3, on Flickr

Will Dr. Grant save Malcolm? Look closely hehe.

Well this stinks by Thagirion3, on Flickr

I had too much fun playing with these guys.  Love the Papo dinos. If only they'd been to scale with the toys.  I'll post more next time around. I'm still unboxing stuff and have to get out my non JP dinos.
Creation. Is an act of sheer WILL - John Hammond
*Thag's Journal * Thag's Flickr * Thag's Youtube *

ZoPteryx

Cool JP figures!  I've never seen the little hatchling raptor before.

Metallisuchus

Really, you think Series II humans were getting worse? I think they all improved. I do agree though that Ian was the most like the actor.

Thagirion

Yes, as I already said the only improvements were Malcolm and Muldoon.

Zopteryx, here are a few more pics of the hatchling for you then. They made more for series II and on but they were so skinny and ugly.

Raptor Hatchling 01 by Thagirion3, on Flickr

Raptor hatchling back by Thagirion3, on Flickr

So cute.

Thagirion

I just got the Papo Running T-rex and I love it. I'll show case the four Papos I have so far here.

Papo running rex by Thagirion3, on Flickr

Papo running rex close by Thagirion3, on Flickr

He's very thin. You can see his ribs and he has lots of scars. I think they were trying to make him look old. That's really the sense I get from this guy.

Papo running rex mouth opned by Thagirion3, on Flickr

Not happy about the lower jaw. Wish they had kept it like the first T-rex was.  But that tongue is cool.

Two rexes comparison 01 by Thagirion3, on Flickr

With the original and mouths opened.

Two rexes comparison 02 by Thagirion3, on Flickr

Both with mouths closed.

T-rex pair 01 by Thagirion3, on Flickr

They make a great pair. I consider the top one to be a female now.

T-rex pair 02 by Thagirion3, on Flickr

Nuzzling rexes. I guess she likes older guys.

Papo velociraptor full body by Thagirion3, on Flickr

My raptor. Love this guy.

Papo Spinosaurus by Thagirion3, on Flickr

Spino is an awesome figure.

Spinosuarus likes fish by Thagirion3, on Flickr

I figured this was appropriate.

Mmm, lunch by Thagirion3, on Flickr

Haha, I can't believe I got this shot.

Thagirion

I got these little guys back in 1996 and I love them. They were in the store of the Jurassic Park traveling exhibit.

Raptor Jacks by Thagirion3, on Flickr

I love their colors.  And they're so cute.

Loose raptor jacks by Thagirion3, on Flickr

The turquoise one is my fave.

Jurassic Park Horizon model  velociraptor by Thagirion3, on Flickr

My horizon Raptor model. One of my prized posessions. Just awesome.

Raptor model side 2 by Thagirion3, on Flickr

Jurassic Park handheld game by Tiger by Thagirion3, on Flickr

And a neat little hand held.

Roselaar

Looking good there! Love the Horizon Raptor.

Thagirion

Thanks Roselaar. He's definitely special.

Metallisuchus

Ah I love the Horizon model!

Thagirion

Thank you. I thought you might.  That's how I imagine I'd look as a raptor.

Metallisuchus

I've got a few raptors I'll probably post when I feel like it. I have one from a collection I've never heard of otherwise that I think you'll like. I forget the name.

Thagirion

Ooh, yeah I look forward to seeing your collection.

Metallisuchus

My collection is separated right now. I only have a few pieces at this house, the others are in storage at my mountain property, unfortunately. I will probably dig it out by the summer though, and over a weekend, I'll try to get some really decent pictures.

I have a few things posted on here though in "New Acquisitions", I believe. I think the Dinostoreus Tyrannosaurus/Triceratops piece is on page 22 or 23.

Most of what I have is Safari/Carnegie, some Papo (pachy, original rex, spino, original raptor, parasauro), and various odds and ends. My JP collection is a fragment of what it used to be as a childhood friend ended up with a lot of my stuff.

Sharptooth

Kickass collection, that's for sure, it reminds me of all the times i played with my JPToys when i was a kid (yeah, right, "a kid"... Last time i played with 'em i was 13 years old  ::)   ;D)! Kenner toys were simply the BEST  8)

You say the running Rex is meant to be an old specimen, well, i guess it could also pass for a subadult individual, a troubled adolescent who likes to brawl with other dinos without thinking the consequences (see the lower jaw)... If i'd customize it (as long as i'll get it of course!) adjusting the arms and adding a subtle coat of protofeathers (mainly on the neck and back), you think it'd work?

Oh, and the Horizon Raptor is drop dead gorgeous!  :o

"I am the eyes in the night, the silence within the wind. I am the talons through the fire."

Metallisuchus

Quote from: Sharptooth on May 12, 2012, 12:16:18 PM
Kickass collection, that's for sure, it reminds me of all the times i played with my JPToys when i was a kid (yeah, right, "a kid"... Last time i played with 'em i was 13 years old  ::)   ;D)! Kenner toys were simply the BEST  8)

You say the running Rex is meant to be an old specimen, well, i guess it could also pass for a subadult individual, a troubled adolescent who likes to brawl with other dinos without thinking the consequences (see the lower jaw)... If i'd customize it (as long as i'll get it of course!) adjusting the arms and adding a subtle coat of protofeathers (mainly on the neck and back), you think it'd work?

Oh, and the Horizon Raptor is drop dead gorgeous!  :o

Haha! I was playing with JP until about 13 as well. But you've got to admit, JP was exceptional! They deserved to have been played with at a later age.

BTW, I don't think Thag has been on for a few days, so I'll respond for her - "I don't do feathers". That's her quote anyway.

Sharptooth

Quote from: Metallisuchus on May 12, 2012, 03:01:21 PM

Haha! I was playing with JP until about 13 as well. But you've got to admit, JP was exceptional! They deserved to have been played with at a later age.

Glad to hear it  ;)

Eh eh, and bear in mind that i wasn't simply playing the classic "dinos vs people" scenario with my JP Toys: first i wrote screenplays (guess i've still some of them stored somewhere in a box) where Grant & co. lived various adventures on Nublar and then, after TLW came out in '97, on Sorna... And then played it out with the toys as it was a TV series!
If i remember well i "directed" 3 or 4 series, until i discovered videogames and well, i turned my back to my good ol' plastic friends (a decision i deeply regret now  :()... Oh well, i guess it's never too late to return to the old habits, mh?  ;D

"I am the eyes in the night, the silence within the wind. I am the talons through the fire."

Metallisuchus

Quote from: Sharptooth on May 12, 2012, 10:49:05 PM
Quote from: Metallisuchus on May 12, 2012, 03:01:21 PM

Glad to hear it  ;)

Eh eh, and bear in mind that i wasn't simply playing the classic "dinos vs people" scenario with my JP Toys: first i wrote screenplays (guess i've still some of them stored somewhere in a box) where Grant & co. lived various adventures on Nublar and then, after TLW came out in '97, on Sorna... And then played it out with the toys as it was a TV series!
If i remember well i "directed" 3 or 4 series, until i discovered videogames and well, i turned my back to my good ol' plastic friends (a decision i deeply regret now  :()... Oh well, i guess it's never too late to return to the old habits, mh?  ;D

I wasn't collecting when TLW came out, but of course I rushed out to see the movie. I grew up playing the Sega/SNES games as well as with the figures. The SNES game was the best, though the end was so pointless.

Oh I used to build my own stuff for the park, dirt mounds out of those pyramid-shaped rough cardboard things (like you when take a TV out of the box...). Then I'd poke holes in them, and put fake tropical ferns in them. I had a tunnel that was meant for trains that I'd use and everything.

Thagirion

Hey guys. Sorry I haven't been on.  I have been super busy with that T-rex art project I'm working on. I finally decided on the style for it and it will be in story board format so that means hundreds of frames I need to draw. I have 4 done so still hundreds to go and about 40 for the opening scene before I present it.  Then I hurt my back and have been in bed for several days. I'm better now but have to take it easy. If any of you ever want to stay in contact I'm always on my live journal or my flickr. I think the links are still in my sig. Also I forgot to write down my password here so hopefully I won't get logged out though I've been in active for so long. I rarely do that since I have a little notebook where I keep all that.

Sharptooth, thank you. I'm very glad you like my collection. Because of everything I mentioned I've gotten really behind on logging my collection.  My running rex is really sweet.  Yeah, I just see him as an old guy. Poor thing. He's probably had a disease to mess up his jaw and teeth and he's got scars and is very under fed. I let my other green one be his mate and she feeds him. I guess she likes older guys hehe.

HA!  If I'm alone I still play with my toys occassionally. I was in my 20's when I officially stopped playing with toys everyday and bought them just for collecting.   Thanks I love my raptor. I wish I hadn't lost contact with the person that painted it for me.

As for video games I love them too. Primal Rage is still my fave and I bought the arcade because no other platform would do it justic. I played JP on SNES, Genesis and Sega CD. All three were very different styles of gameplay.  Since I've been down in bed right now I'm playing Mass Effect 3 with my character Owen and loving it.

Anyway, I do have some new figures to show. Mainly my cute baby  T-rexes that have become some of my faves.

Adorable Papo Baby T-rexes by Thagirion3, on Flickr

OH my they're awesome!  These will be great refs for my story board.

Green baby T-rex side by Thagirion3, on Flickr

Baby t-rex mouth open left by Thagirion3, on Flickr

I commend Papo for their briliant design of hiden hinges.

Brown and Green Baby T-rexes by Thagirion3, on Flickr

Begging baby rexes by Thagirion3, on Flickr

Green and Brown baby T-rexes by Thagirion3, on Flickr

The green one looks so coy there. I'm thrilled with these.

Sharptooth

Really, how much adorably cute are those baby tyrants?  ^-^

They are so life-like, especially in the front shots (those eyes!)... Eh, i wonder how it would be to have a real baby Tyrannosaurus Rex as a pet  ;)

Thagirion

I used to have that fantasy a lot in the 90's about my own baby T-rex.  ;D

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: