You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

David Silvas New Kickstarter: Articulated Dinosaur TOYS

Started by Takama, July 07, 2015, 11:10:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Albertosaurus

Can somebody explain me how to get the figure + the Mark Schultz print? Seems like I can´t select both the figure and the print. That is crazy! I am trying to give more money to David!

Patrx

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon
Quote from: Patrx on April 27, 2016, 06:08:53 PM
These are quite lovely - I backed the project and hope to get the Atrociraptor, myself. However, I have to admit to a certain amount of disdain for articulated figures in general. Evidently, kits will be available for these sculpts at some point, but I suspect they'll be in resin instead of PVC, and thus annoyingly pricey.
David did say there would be resin kits available of each, though the articulation I think is one of the reason's I'm interested. I can try out out a lot of poses before deciding to make a larger version.. ;)
I could see the appeal there! I have considered the fact that a poseable dromaeosaur would make an excellent drawing reference, myself.

Quote from: Blade-of-the-MoonHow large are these again?
1/6 scale - so, about a foot long, probably?

Quote from: Blade-of-the-MoonI don't think think they will be too much in resin. David's prices are pretty good all around.
Perhaps not! Time will tell. If not, I suppose there are still plenty of folks out there making nice solid PVC dinosaurs.

Quote from: Blade-of-the-MoonI'm embarrassed I've never bought one of his kits. I was tempted by the first Acro he did and still am but there seems to always be something else taking my money.
I looked into his earlier Deinonychus kit, but the wings were handled incorrectly at the time. These appear to be correct. Overall, While David Silva's extremely talented, I find his style to be a little exaggerated for my personal tastes.

Halichoeres

It's been live for a couple of hours and already 1/7th of the way to the goal, so I think there's reason for optimism. Just so people don't have to click to the previous page for the link, here it is:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/992645470/beasts-of-the-mesozoic-raptor-series-action-figure
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Droemar

Quote from: Albertosaurus on April 27, 2016, 07:24:52 PM
Can somebody explain me how to get the figure + the Mark Schultz print? Seems like I can´t select both the figure and the print. That is crazy! I am trying to give more money to David!

I think it works like a tier system. Whatever is at the top is included in the more expensive tiers as you go down. I pledged for the 3 pack, so I think I should get the print, postcard, and 3 figures. That's my understanding, anyway.

Silvanusaurus

I'm not very experienced with Kickstarter, before I make a pledge, could someone explain how the payment works, as in, do you pay now regardless of whether it succeeds or not, or do you only pay if/when it successfully reaches it's goal?

Dobber

You will not be charged until the campaign is over. If the campaign does not reach it's goal then you are not charged.

Chris
My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

Dobber

Quote from: Droemar on April 28, 2016, 01:32:05 AM
Quote from: Albertosaurus on April 27, 2016, 07:24:52 PM

I think it works like a tier system. Whatever is at the top is included in the more expensive tiers as you go down. I pledged for the 3 pack, so I think I should get the print, postcard, and 3 figures. That's my understanding, anyway.

I don't think so, nowhere does it say that. I believe you have to make a separate pledge for the art. After all, there are only 100 available.

Chris

Dobber

David has posted his first update and answers the Art print question, I was partially correct;

"First, I have made the Mark Schultz signed print tier eligible for add-ons, so if you're interested in both the print and raptors, please pledge for the print since it's limited, and then add-on the amount needed to back additional items. It will work the same way for the post cards and also for when the stretch goals are unlocked *fingers crossed*. You'll be able to sort it all out with a survey sent to you at the end of the campaign.

Secondly- I am seeing a lot of people saying they'll pledge next week or later when they have money, but please keep in mind that you WILL NOT BE CHARGED UNTIL THE CAMPAIGN ENDS. I don't know about you guys, but I want to get to those stretch goals as soon as possible, so if you know you're going to pledge, please do it sooner than later- it all takes out at the end either way.

Chris

stargatedalek

While tempting, that $25 USD shipping brings the price for each model to over $75 CAD.

Papi-Anon

Need to wait until next payday for available funds , but I definitely will be in for a pair of Atrociraptors.
Shapeways Store: The God-Fodder
DeviantArt: Papi-Anon
Cults3D: Papi-Anon

"They said I could be whatever I wanted to be when I evolved. So I decided to be a crocodile."
-Ambulocetus, 47.8–41.3mya

Dobber

Quote from: Crash on April 29, 2016, 03:35:21 PM
Need to wait until next payday for available funds , but I definitely will be in for a pair of Atrociraptors.

FYI, you won't be charged until AFTER the Kickstarter campaign ends.

From his first Kickstarter update:

"Secondly- I am seeing a lot of people saying they'll pledge next week or later when they have money, but please keep in mind that you WILL NOT BE CHARGED UNTIL THE CAMPAIGN ENDS. I don't know about you guys, but I want to get to those stretch goals as soon as possible, so if you know you're going to pledge, please do it sooner than later- it all takes out at the end either way."

Papi-Anon

*facepalms*

Right, forgot how this worked. Derp. Pledged now.
Shapeways Store: The God-Fodder
DeviantArt: Papi-Anon
Cults3D: Papi-Anon

"They said I could be whatever I wanted to be when I evolved. So I decided to be a crocodile."
-Ambulocetus, 47.8–41.3mya

Shadowknight1

I'm kinda more interested in what other raptors get added as the campaign progresses.  Though, out of the three currently available, I'd have to go with Velociraptor.  I love the color scheme!
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Dobber

Quote from: Shadowknight1 on April 30, 2016, 02:31:26 AM
I'm kinda more interested in what other raptors get added as the campaign progresses.  Though, out of the three currently available, I'd have to go with Velociraptor.  I love the color scheme!

Yeah, I'm curious too. We gotta reach those stretch goals!

Chris

Dinoguy2

Quote from: Dobber on April 30, 2016, 12:49:29 PM

Chris

Yeah, I'm interested to see which ones get made. I'd have liked to see less figures which are based on complete specimens in the lineup (I'm leaning towards Tsaagan right now). Not much interested in species based on scrap. A Deinonychus would be epic but too big in this scale I guess, though since I only plan on getting one that wouldn't matter much to me :)

And of course, since these seem relatively easy to kit bash by adding new heads and wings, a 1:1 Archaeopteryx would be pretty sweet...
The Carnegie Collection Dinosaur Archive - http://www.dinosaurmountain.net

Roselaar

Just wanted to pledge 100 bucks but encountered an obstacle. Only listed payment method is credit card and I don't have one. PayPal doesn't seem to be an option, which totally sucks because that's my only way of paying internationally...

Any advice (that doesn't involve getting a credit card just for this)? :-/

DinoLord

David has mentioned in a project update that he's looking for alternative payment solutions, so keep your eyes posted.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Roselaar on April 30, 2016, 04:40:37 PM
Just wanted to pledge 100 bucks but encountered an obstacle. Only listed payment method is credit card and I don't have one. PayPal doesn't seem to be an option, which totally sucks because that's my only way of paying internationally...

Any advice (that doesn't involve getting a credit card just for this)? :-/

I'd be willing to adjust my pledge by $100 if you like, and just forward your 3 figures afterward, in the event Silva isn't able to add other payment methods.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Dobber

Quote from: Dinoguy2 on April 30, 2016, 01:20:47 PM
Quote from: Dobber on April 30, 2016, 12:49:29 PM

Chris

Yeah, I'm interested to see which ones get made. I'd have liked to see less figures which are based on complete specimens in the lineup (I'm leaning towards Tsaagan right now). Not much interested in species based on scrap. A Deinonychus would be epic but too big in this scale I guess, though since I only plan on getting one that wouldn't matter much to me :)

And of course, since these seem relatively easy to kit bash by adding new heads and wings, a 1:1 Archaeopteryx would be pretty sweet...

Yeah I agree about some of the subjects. Personally, I'd really like to see his Zhenyuanlong, but it is at the bottom of his list so it will likely not happen. :(

Chris

terrorchicken

I cant decide between velociraptor or tsaagan. I like the colors on velociraptor but I love the egyptian vulture look of the Tsaagan

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: